The Arsenal at Rapid Wien, Europa League Group Stage Matchday 1, 22 October 2020

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Tonerl, Oct 21, 2020.

1. super gooner

super gooner Member

Arsenal
    England
    Sep 20, 2020
    When you're at a match, you see what a workhorse El Neny can be off the ball. Last time I saw him and Walcott together, El Neny was busting a gut, whilst Walcott was dithering around doing nothing. I also witnessed Gilroud not moving for the ball unless it was placed less than a meter in front of him, put me right off him that did, even though he had his moments.

2. footykid

footykid Member+

Jan 10, 2005
    Mississauga, Ont
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Are you a local? I saw El Neny in some of the Europa matches back in 2018. When he's not being coached he's quite bad I must say.

3. super gooner

super gooner Member

Arsenal
    England
    Sep 20, 2020
    I'm not saying he was perfect, but he worked hard, sometimes he was the best player on the pitch when we were dire.

4. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, absolutely, it does. We're by and large a miserable bunch of pricks. And yes, I was sad to see Emi go because --- you know --- narrative. But it was definitely smart business. Like finding a winning lottery ticket.

Shen-O and daedalus repped this.
  5. super gooner

super gooner Member

Arsenal
    England
    Sep 20, 2020
    Hmm, not if the goalie you kept is going to cost you points and league position. It is still too soon to say, but Emi's stats are by far the best in the PL right now.

6. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Care to revisit that?
    :D

NorthBank repped this.
  7. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So CBS All Access has exclusive rights to both UCL and Europa League huh? So much for B/R Live I guess I'll delete that app off my Roku box. Now I swear to God this is bullshit that they wanna nickel-and-dime the shit outta you just to watch footy, I already have Peacock Premium (the $4.99/month plan) and Hulu (and soon Locast as I do not get all of my locals off the rooftop here only some of them), this is bullshit!!! Other than the UCL and UEL is CBS All Access any use for me, knowing TV is mostly crap now except for news (CNN) weather and sports???

8. super gooner

super gooner Member

Arsenal
    England
    Sep 20, 2020
    Correct at the time of reporting.:D

NorthBank repped this.
  9. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    CBS all access is fairly good value for games. No more paying per game as it was on B/R live.

You get every European game for $5 a month, and they have a red zone style channel, which is great for CL group games.

10. super gooner

super gooner Member

Arsenal
    England
    Sep 20, 2020
    The Leicester match is an extra £14.95 on Sky Box Office. I think we should change this from football to greedball.

11. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #61 NorthBank, Oct 24, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    And as an added bonus, you get the random excitement of watching a match you didn’t select. So I’ve heard.

12. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First goal, he should've done better --- on something Leno gets criticized for at times --- not pushing the ball farther away. Bamford's second two were both really nice --- not much Emi could do.