The Arena Fired thread II : The Search for a New Coach

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Norsk Troll, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norsk Troll

Norsk Troll Member+

Sep 7, 2000
    Central NJ
    Since the other threads are primarily for "Bruce Fired" or "should we sign Jose", here's an all purpose thread for speculation or news about the next head coach.

Gérard Houllier, anyone?

*Mod note : Continued from Here*

2. tfoisie

tfoisie New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Re: Who will be the next Red Bull Coach (for 60-90 days)?

I've heard that Houllier will be next coach of Ireland.

Mourinho has to be on the short list but I would be completely floored if he ever said yes. I don't see it happening.

I believe the coach should be someone who is familiar with the US soccer scene (or at least had a couple assistant coaches who were strong in this area) to build around the stars.

I think a lot of good European coaches would be reluctant to coach because of the 2 mil and change salary cap.

Cruyff must be in his 60s and he is probably too far removed from the game even though he did play in the US for a while.

I hope they keep Richie Williams at least as an assistant. He did well as an interim coach and he can help with the US soccer scene.

Peter Nowak seem to wear out his welcome in DC. I can't believe he had a falling out with Dema; how can a coach not like Dema's effort?

3. SlowFox

SlowFox Member

Aug 16, 1999

Whoever it is, he'd better get here soon (preferably before the draft).

Part of being able to make management-level decisions is being able to make them quickly.

=NLK=

4. mercury3164

mercury3164 Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Manhattan

galaxy just signed ruud... so there's one bad candidate out of the way at least

5. Exit16W

Exit16W New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Reston VA

Eric Cantona

6. tkgunn

tkgunn Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NJ

Eric Cantona..."My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." I love it, we'd have to get him off of the beach soccer circuit

7. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA

well if we want "sexy football" or "joga bonito" then we go after eric cantona.... i think he would get this team into shape

But best i like peter nowak.... he would make all the right moves

8. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Continued from Here

Whom do you think will be next coach?

9. Ed-D

Ed-D Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 13, 2005
    NY
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry but this is pretty embarrassing. Mourinho is pure fantasy. Beckenbauer on a level even beyond that. Why not add Pele and Maradona? They're both technically available and Pele has ties to the region from his Cosmos days. Hey, maybe Arsene Wenger will quit Arsenal to coach here!

10. Norsk Troll

Norsk Troll Member+

Sep 7, 2000
    Central NJ
    Just to clarify, the names in the poll were added by the moderator - they were not in my original post (and I voted for "Field" because I too do not think the others are realistic).

11. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    Ed unless you want 11 crack heads on the field then i wouldnt pick maradona

and where is peter nowak.... thats why i picked the field

12. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nowak is coaching the U23 squad I think...Olympic squad.

13. Ed-D

Ed-D Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 13, 2005
    NY
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    uh, yeah the Maradona suggestion was not meant to be serious. The point is it's too early and there are simply too many (realistic) candidates available to narrow it down to any kind of shortlist.

14. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    The way "Le Grandpre speak", will be to dificult to bring one higher and experienced coach from Europe, only is possible if he intent to retire after one or two years and don't care if he is fired after the first or second season...

15. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA

thats why i said him.... for that reason.... he knows the young players he will draft well and maybe pick some of them up who are not in the draft.... and plus he is known all over the world.... also his coaching style of play fits very well with this team

16. MasterShake

MasterShake New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY Ukraine
    I think what Devil meant was that Nowak already has a job :(

17. MasterShake

MasterShake New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY Ukraine
    question here is not who you WANT to be the next coach, but who do you think RBNY will hire as the next coach, and half of those choices are just impossible...

18. gyr0

gyr0 New Member

Mar 31, 2002
    NYC
    After watching Chicago's transformation, this season I would be more than happy with Osorio. Chicago's build up play against New England was both attractive and effective-- a far cry from the desperation long ball we played after they scored their first goal.

Though Chicago lost, they dominated the match and were only let down by poor finishing. Osorio has been linked with a move away and Im sure we could lure him to the big apple with the proper pay packet.

19. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    M.S. that was the statement that i didnt want to see :(

gyr0.... fyi Osorio has coached in NY before under OZ as assistant.... heres some tid bits i got from my former Boss (i am still incontact with him).... he is best friends with Osorio.... if you look at the metrostars back then if you looked at the practices.... Osorio was leading them and he also said that each player on the team gets a different practice.... if you look at the record Osorio with OZ they were at winning records and playing good soccer.... once Osorio left to a diferent club.... the metrostars started to play bad and then OZ got fired.... so in a way we can also blame bruce for RC's injuries this season (RC was complaining about the practices acording to Ives) if RC would of got a lighter practice rutine he could of gotten more playing time and produced much more on the field

Osorio or nowak would be best for this team either or i would love

but both have jobs but RBNY has deep pockets so lets see

20. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really. "A move away" after two months on the job? That must be news to, well, everyone including Osorio himself.
    Also, we don't do "pay packets" in this country.

lakaix's account is right on the money, though. The day Osorio left for Man City is the day OZ's Metros started towards the edge of the cliff.

21. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Who's R.C.?

22. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    my bad C.R. Claudio Reyna

23. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    The only thing I know that's R.C. is Cola. RC Cola. ;) :D

But thank you for the correction. I had no idea who the hell you were talking about. But I guess you're use to saying the last name first ;)

24. Exit16W

Exit16W New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Reston VA
    Martin Jol or Guus Hiddink would be my choices realistic choices.

25. lakaix15

lakaix15 New Member

Mar 28, 2007
    USA
    well shizz happends gio haha