The Annual Sandon Mibut LOI Thread

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by foosball, Feb 6, 2008.

1. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    joshc- looks like the cupboard is overflowing, can't wait for spring practice - murphy will be more comfortable here, closer to home and reunited with stephen brown - jeremy has all the ingredients, with depth to ensure hard work in competing for time on the pitch

very psyched

2. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Really?

That's interesting. I never saw him as a guy who really wanted to be involved with the pros so I'm surprised he's taking not getting the gig so hard.

I guess I misread him on this one.

3. cristoforo7

cristoforo7 New Member

May 14, 2003
    So how many of those 11 UNM recruits will get to dress for home games in the fall? I guess they can start a JV team. :) (Just kidding, guys.)

4. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Nov 17, 2007
    good question really, 16 returning and 11 incoming, there will have to be some redshirting - total of 4 keepers (2 soph, 2 frosh) - there will definitely be competition to see the pitch so training sessions should be high quality

5. dukefan

dukefan New Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Yes- Jacobs recruited both to Duke. He knows how to get the most out of these guys and also sees past their size for their other attributes on the field. Most coaches (and fans) just expect the big guys to go out and play physical and be thugs. JAcobs expect them to play soccer.

6. Dsocc

Dsocc Member

Feb 13, 2002
  7. ACCInsider

ACCInsider Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Ada, Michigan
    Re: 2008 Recruiting Classes link

Where dont see it.

8. ACCInsider

ACCInsider Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Ada, Michigan
  9. Crimson Ace

Crimson Ace Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 4, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Emile

Emile Member

Oct 24, 2001
    dead in a ditch
    Oregon State
    http://www.osubeavers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=24877&SPID=1956&DB_OEM_ID=4700&ATCLID=1385682
    The signing class includes the following players: Josh Belfrage (F, 6-0, 185, Highlands Ranch, Colo.; Mountain Vista HS/Marquette University), Matt Drake (MF, 6-2, 170, Happy Valley, Ore.; Clackamas HS), Chris Harms (D, 6-3, 190, Portland, Ore.; Wilson HS), Aaron Holtz (GK, 6-3, 175, Portland, Ore.; Lincoln HS), Danny Mwanga (F, 6-2, 175, Portland, Ore.; Jefferson HS), Eugene Ogbeide (F, 6-3, 185, Edmond, Okla.; Dodge City (Kan.) CC) and John Swenson (D, 6-0, 170, Langlois, Ore.; Pacific HS).

New Hampshire
    http://www.unhwildcats.com/index.cf...061A2051-B62F-0B52-9699F5606EA5F770&archive=0
    DURHAM, N.H. - University of New Hampshire men's soccer head coach Rob Thompson has announced that Sean Coleman (Stratham, N.H.) and Brad Hilton (Merrimack, N.H.) have both signed National Letters of Intent to play for the Wildcats beginning in the fall of 2008.
    http://www.unhwildcats.com/index.cf...C6427E1D-A6F4-6600-2DC6BC48812539C9&archive=0
    DURHAM, N.H. - University of New Hampshire men's soccer head coach Rob Thompson has announced that Gregory Brown (Salem, N.H.) has committed to play for the Wildcats this spring.

Dayton
    http://daytonflyers.cstv.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/021108aaf.html
    The 2008 class includes midfielders Jonny Phipps, Lucas Young, John Sobey and Mario Falsetti, defenders Michael Deyhle and Alex Frenz and goalkeepers Patrick Hardt and Connor Quinn.

UAB
    http://uabsports.cstv.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/021008aaa.html
    BIRMINGHAM, Ala. - UAB men's soccer head coach Mike Getman announced the signing of two standout players for the 2008 season. Forward Babayele Sodade (Windsor, Canada) and midfielder Chris Williams (Pearl, Miss.) are both standout players who are set to join the Blazers next season.

11. masoccerscout

masoccerscout Member

Nov 5, 2005
    Springfield, MA.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am surprised New Hampshire did not get out of their immediate area and recruit some higher level players after the season they had in 2007. Hard to imagine a bunch of players from a pretty average club team lifting them to the higher level. I guess it could be the lack of athletic scholarship money that keeps them recruiting instate where the soccer level is not near the top.

12. scotlndta

scotlndta New Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Here's a good source for a few more schools.....

go to the soccer mogul website, for some reason the link wont copy and paste.
    How do they do that?????:confused:

13. hammers01

hammers01 Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Harrisburg, Pa.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is what the unofficial Penn State Soccer site says for 2008 recruits. I know that at least a couple of these players are preferred walk ons so they did not sign an LOI.

http://pennstatesoccer.com/

14. Carolina

Carolina Member

Dec 6, 2000
    CONCACAF
    No matter this year's recruiting class, Wake will be competetive this year. That being said, they need a quality GK for backup now, starter in a year or two, and some central defender depth as well. What are the positions of the above?

15. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Re: 2008 verbals and commits posted 02 Nov 2007, 01:19 PM
    I understand the Lee twins from Magruder High School in MD have verbally committed. Justin the defender to Penn State and Alex the forward to Maryland.

I called this one in November.:D

16. Proud Mama

Proud Mama New Member

May 9, 2006
    OC
    Don't worry. They're looking at an outstanding GK for 2009 to come in out SoCal way. This kid would a jewel for them. Just my humble opinion of course.

17. FootyMundo

FootyMundo New Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Minneapolis
    Nick Millington - D/M
    Dan Wenzel - D/M
    Chris Estridge - M/D
    Jesse Sokolow - D
    Luke Norman - M
    Doug Ryan - GK
    Sean Haglund - M
    Kyle Adams - D

I'll be surprised if this is not a Top 5 class nationally.

18. unnamedsource

unnamedsource Member

Jun 29, 2007
    why are you so into magruder?

19. Monarch Bay Beachbum

Apr 5, 2004
    The OC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not just Magruder; Walter Johnston, Northwest, Sherwood, River Hill, and Mc Donough. I know kids from many of these schools because my son played Club, ODP, futsal and DDP with them over the years we lived in Maryland.

20. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
  21. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    The Hoosiers with what looks like a tremendous class, one that will break the hearts of most SLU fans. IU has always recruited well in St. Louis - no coincidence that SLU's last title was the first year IU went varsity - but this year borders on ridiculous.

http://iuhoosiers.cstv.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/021208aac.html
    Nick Blevins (Carroll, Ohio/Bloom Carroll), Will Bruin (St. Louis, Mo./DeSmet Jesuit), Chris Haffner (St. Louis, Mo./St. Louis University High), Tommy Meyer (St. Louis, Mo./St. Louis University High), Luis Soffner (St. Louis, Mo./St. Louis University High), Joe Tolen (Evansville, Ind./Evansville Central) and Tim Wylie (Fort Wayne, Ind./Fort Wayne Carroll)

22. foosball

foosball New Member

May 1, 2003
    IU lost Sarkodie to the pros and graduated Stevning and Traylor, so the two SLUH defenders have a chance for early and significant minutes in the back. I expect Bruin to get a lot of time up front too.From everything I've read, he is a beast.