The Amazing Race: Season 19 [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Ringo, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure how I feel about the Sunderland fellow. The son (on this show) sailed around the world at 17 and the daughter was lost at sea last year trying to do the same when aged 16. Thankfully she was recovered and is ok.

Her parents took a lot of criticism for letting their daughter risk her life like that, and for exploiting their kids by pitching numerous reality TV shows based on their solo journeys.

http://www.google.com/search?q=abby...pw.r_cp.&fp=300df0396aefe52d&biw=1600&bih=701

If they win, hopefully he can use the money to repay the Australian government the $300,000 they spent to rescue the daughter.

3. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking forward to this as always. Did anyone give Expedition Impossible a whirl this summer? During one of the episodes, my daughter looked at all of us and said "I really miss The Amazing Race." It wasn't a bad show, just lacked some of what maes TAR great.

4. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Jenna. Felt bad for her when she learned her mom had taken a turn for the worse with cancer and had to exit out of the show.

5. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i thought it was stupid she even went .... she knew on Day 1 how sick her mom was.
    she rode Rob Cesternino's coattails to that money. He put her on third base and she acts like she hit a triple to get there.

6. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    At this point in time, TAR lacks what made TAR great. :cool:

7. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I ever go on this show, my first statements will be "I am of average inteligence, average strength, average savvy, and average looks. People will look at me and think I am average."

No need to put the kaibosh on so early (hello, dancers and how smart you are!).

I 100% call shenanigans on that one. Okay, maybe 90% - there's a small chance those two dudes were legit.

However, I like the idea of putting someone in the field with Amazing Race boxers sticking up out of his pants. :D

8. cormaxtacy

cormaxtacy Member

Aug 11, 2005
    Little Rock, Ark.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure who my favorite team is now - maybe the snowboarders? The fact that the Survivor guy wore a soccer shirt in the episode gave him some bonus points, I guess.

9. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With his winnings from Survivor, he started a pretty cool little NGO called Grassroots Soccer, which organizes AIDS awareness and education campaigns around soccer. I donated several years ago and got one of those handy yellow shirts, which was quickly coopted by my daughter as a sleep shirt.

It's a pretty worthwhile organization IMO.

10. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like Ethan. He's a really good guy.

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So far I don't really have a favorite team. I was rooting for the snowboarders, but they seem as dumb as a box of rocks. The twins and brother and sister teams also look like they'll fall apart soon. The older couple were flat out terrible. Hmm, this could be another one of those seasons where I could care less who wins.

12. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First of all [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw"]Dear America... | David Mitchell's SoapBox - YouTube[/ame]

second, the showgirls bickering at each other. if that's a sign of things to come, I hope they're gone next week. Can't stand the fighters.
    Speaking of which, the brother-sister team -- that sister looks like she's gonna be trouble. Sooner she's gone, the better.

13. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nobody likes the fighters but I always like having those teams around because they don't let it get boring. Part of the fun is watching them implode.

14. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    I liked the first look of the nfl guy and his wife.

The older couple and the showgirls need to be put out of their misery and soon.

15. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel the opposite. The race is the star, not the contestants. And people who abuse each like that get in the way of me enjoying the show.

16. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you don't have contestants that you can identify and like the locales and the race are meaningless. There have been several iterations of the AR that have had teams that I did not care at all for. Those seasons made switching to another channel very easy.

17. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sure, but i'm saying casting isn't as important here as it is for Survivor. If Survivor doesn't have a few larger-than-life personalities, the show suffers.
    as long as the race as a couple of teams that I kinda like, the show is great. For me, at least. :)

18. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    The first leg should always be non-elimination.

19. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agreed. not sure how i feel about double-elimination this week, though

20. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Details, details, details.

21. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless Ron and Bill didn't have any American dollars left - the other teams still did - they still didn't give all of their money to the orphans.

22. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry to see Ethan and Jenna and the gay flight attendants leave. They were good and likable people.

23. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The sooner that brother / sister pair leave, the better.

24. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the brother-sister were awful. Never a fan of Jenna, but I liked Ethan a lot.

the snowboarders are my early favorites. just seem like good guys, don't bicker, always smiling.

25. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    I completely blame the sister. The brother seems decent enough, but he's got to put up with her nonsense, and starts getting defensive even before he makes a comment/suggestion.