The Amazing Race 6

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Achtung, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Terminate Jonathan with extreme prejudice.

2. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't understand why they didn't choose the furniture. Having built a lot of Ikea furniture an hour tops would have been sufficient for a novice. Anybody that's ever inventoried goods knows how tough it can be to keep an accurate count. Stockholm resembles St. Petersburg or vice a versa.

3. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Here's an interview with Lena and Kristy at Fans of Reality TV. The interviewer, John (the site's administrator), had some good interviews during the last race.

4. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it suffices to say that all good things must come to an end and this part of the trip in Africa leaves a lot to be desired. It's not pretty at all.

Dredging or pulling salt was not fun. I'm sure the salt being as concentrated as it was definately burned.

The older couple really have moxie. Particularly the old woman.

The ex CIA guy better watch it he is so out of shape in the heat he could suffer a heart attack.

Is Jonathan ever going to do a physical challenge or is he leaving it all up to Victoria.

5. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jonathan wants kids!

Oh the humanity.

--
    I didn't get to watch this one too well, Kris and John won right?

6. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Is this season as good as last? I've watched 15 minutes and they all seemed like bimbos.

7. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    Yeah, she did really well in the salt challenge.

I loved how that one chick kept referring to her ex-boyfriend as a wuss and her "girlfriend." That guy is an ass.

And that other chick "I don't know why the lake was pink. At first I thought it was blood..." WTF?

8. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually if you got that concentrated salt water in your eyes you would be effectively blinded or your vision would cloud over too. It is extremely irritating to the eyes.

He may be strange and a wimp, but he had reason to complain. They are not a good fit. They fight about everything. No wonder they stopped dating.

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I loved it when Adam asked her if she wanted him to jump off the boat and she said "Yes, that would be awesome!". LOL, Adam's such a little bitch.

Another great shot was when Jon and Kristy were at the lake and they made the comment about the guys checking her out and then the camera focused on her breasts for a few seconds then cuts to Jon laughing at the cameraman.

10. Quango

Quango BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2003
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Senegal's coast may not be as scenic as Sweden and Norway, but Africa does present new challenges into the game. It was a lot harder for all those teams to get around, not to mention the language barrier. It seems like a couple teams were trying to use Spanglish. I'm surprised not one of the teams had someone with a basic understanding of French.

Jonathan did the salt challenge (not that that makes him any less repulsive). Did anyone notice that the woman at the fish counter seemed to recoil when he went to kiss her on the cheek?

Adam (Hellboy) did struggle on the salt, but Rebecca was a total b**** to him. She's got him wrapped around her finger tight. He's like a puppy dog, desparate for her attention, and she's manipulating him all the way. Enough guilt trips, and they may manage yet to meet my prediction of most annoying team.

11. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    Creepiest thing I have heard on TV all year.

12. JPfille

JPfille New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that last season was better. In my opinion the teams were more interesting and the tasks were better.

WTF was with that ugly ass hat Jonathan was wearing? I usually hate Jonathan, but I did like him for just a moment when he was giving out candy to the kids. I guess he's not all bad.

Adam's mom cuts his toenails for him? That's just not right.

Gus? Should never take his shirt off on TV again. His large man boobies were on full display last night.

I'm happy the old folks are still in it.

13. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I did catch that part and it was funny - didn't she say something like "Yes, that would be awesome! I'm tired of babysitting my girlfriend."

14. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gus should go on "Biggest Loser" next.

--
    What the hell is wrong with Adam's mom?

15. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    Speaking of Adam, does anyone else think that he looks like Chris Carrieri, former Quake and Rapids player?

16. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously.

Seems like the kind of person that was raised with no discipline @ all.

His mom still clips his toenails!!! WTF?

17. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    damn you are good.
    ===
    Adam's mom should be on one of those other reality shows.

18. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which one? Viva La Bam?

;)

19. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the "wife swap" or "meet your new mommy" ones? Sounds interesting.

I don't get the love for the old folks. They haven't shown much in terms of their ability to do the race. They were supposed to use their experience to overcome their lack of physical ability (i.e. race smarter instead of harder), but this leg didn't require much physical ability except for the salt thing at the end, and they were already so far behind at that point that it didn't matter.

I mean, they look like nice old coots, and it's nice to see a couple enjoying some of the experiences instead of just stressing about the next clue or whatever, but these guys really don't have what it takes to win.

20. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They had to do the ice climb in Iceland, the hay bales and a few other things that surprised me.

21. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Actually I think Mary Jean has what it takes to win -- Don is the problem.

22. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She is so tough. I hope I am half as strong and determined when I reach her age.

23. TheLimeChicken

Mar 27, 2001
    Dorchester, MA
    Just a quick question as this is the first season I've watched since the beginning:

When Don and Mary Jean were the last to check in all of their money was taken and they were told they wouldn't get any for the next leg. Is this a standard handicap given to the last team in a non-elimination leg or did I miss something else they did that was against the rules?

24. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But the old folks keep making mental mistakes. They need to be better in that area because they will not be able to win a footrace against one of the younger teams.

Example: in each detour, there seems to be a "finite" choice -- something that sounds like it takes a long time, but is achievable -- and an "infinite" choice -- something that sounds like you can do it quickly, but could also take forever.

In Iceland, the infinite choice was to go searching for the buoy on the boat, while the finite choice was to do the ice climb -- the old folks picked the ice climb, which was correct, because the Brooklyn boys picked the buoy search and got eliminated.

In Norway, the infinite choice was to do the viking games -- trying to knock down the wooden blocks could take forever -- but that's not as infinite as the other choices, and maybe they knew they would have been really really bad at the rollerblading or whatever the finite choice was. This one didn't seem to impact the standings much. Still, in this leg they only finished ahead of the New York girls who couldn't drive a stick shift, and the Utah sisters who got lost on the way to the pit stop.

In Sweden, the finite choice was to build the desk, but they chose the counting task and had to give up on counting those things because it was too hard to get right. Wrong choice. The only reason they weren't eliminated last week was because of the Utah sisters' incredibly bad luck with the hay bales.

In Senegal, the finite choice was to stack the fish, while the infinite choice was to go fishing -- hell, I've spent all day fishing in stocked streams where you can see the trout ignoring your bait and not gotten four bites. Wrong choice. (I still would have picked the fishing because I like fishing, but it's still the wrong choice.)

Yeah, they did OK at the physical stuff which they were forced to do as part of a roadblock, but not well enough to beat the younger guys at it, and they're not going to beat the younger guys at basic things like running out of the airport to catch a cab, so they have to be perfect at the mental decisions, but these guys are not even close. They even took someone else's car in Norway.

Props to them for trying (and my wife and I would probably not do as well), but they only reason they're still in this race is dumb luck for the Utah sisters. I'm sure they're very nice, but they don't deserve to win unless they tighten up their game.

That said, I want to see how they do at begging for spare change in Senegal next week.

25. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I only watched the fifth one (last season) but taking away the money was a penalty on the non-elimination legs last time as well. That was not an additional penalty for something they did wrong -- we saw in the last couple of episodes that teams can get a 30-minute time penalty if they break a rule.