The Almighty Sergio Ramos Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Re: The Almighty Sergio Ramos Appreciation Thread

I am pretty sure Sergio Ramos was a player Sacchi worked for. In fact, I remember him saying that after the deal was done Florentino told him, "are you happy now? there you have Sergio Ramos."

2. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench

Florentino did also say that Ramos' and Zidane's signings were the 2 he was most proud of.

3. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005

Oh it definitely happened under his tenure, but Sacchi was the one really pushing for him. If I recall correctly, even the free spending Florentino was hesitant to spend that much on young Sergio Ramos.

4. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench

Sorry, ... I was not implying it was his doing (though I see it reads that way)...just making a general comment about the importance of the signing.

5. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005

Ah, now I get your statement. In that case, I think he is correct - maybe Figo would be the third because of the importance of that deal.

6. zizou555

zizou555 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

i m sorry laudrup but here u are wrong!it s not a matter of opinion because zidane was given a top five nomination(in history with pele,de stefano,maradona,cruyff) and the best ever European player award in his time in madrid.while i agree that after his third year he started to decline he was still the best in the world(2003 best player anyone)and at Madrid he showed a new level and took playmaking to its boundaries,he redefined it.not every day u have the best playmaker of history!
    just hear nasri and benzema and guti(long list)... who put him second to maradona even saying that while he was not as talented he was just magical.
    the fact is i hate perez for not buying decent defenders and DM because they cost us the best squad in the history of football and don't think twice about that because i know my football from my puskas and santamaria to my bueno and adan....second best buy in the history of the club and second best talent also..carlos might have had more title and more time but not more love loyalty or magic,i dont just let my mouth i show evidence enjoy and cry over what was lost:mad:(**** u perez):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96DUcbtEvcU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94NpKYzWpFE
    As for ramos,perez had nothing to do with it and saggi had to launch an ultimatum to get sergio and several players like messi ,C.ronaldo :confused:...were rejected when offered by saggi...what a bad management for a great era...
    figo,zidane,ronaldo u will always stay in our hearts.:(

7. Naz07

Naz07 Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid

:eek:? Okay maybe, because he's the sole reason why some players are still being nominated for the Pavon of the match :p but only that.

8. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005

Zidane was a footballing genius, but his impact at Real Madrid does not compare to Roberto Carlos. If that is what you were arguing; I may have misunderstood your post.

9. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005

Of course it is.

By whom? Surely this must have been a matter of opinion :cool:

The point is not that I get to see him for a day, or even for a season, the point is that when you consider cost, salary, overall impact on the team and the club and other measures of cost/benefit, Figo and RC come up ahead of him. Extend your horizons.

For it not being a matter of opinion, you quote a lot of people's opinions...

You fail to see that we are discussing how good a *signing* he was, not how good a *player*. It's not the same thing.

And RC achieved *everything* (even came close to the Ballon d'Or) in a RM shirt. He defined our style for a decade. He's not my favourite person, but he deserves credit as the Real Madrid legend he is.

10. zizou555

zizou555 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

when i said it was not a matter of opinion it is because he has the awards(not just titles).as for the top % it was worldsoccer who declared to him that every body put u in the top % of history(kind of the ballon d'or of histoty they spoke of the press and former players!
    as for carlos if u want to talk as who was a bigger part of real ,well hierro was bigger than both and they are all legends but i was not taking anything away from carlos,i was just saying i m 18 year old and i dont cry unless something tragique happens,but againt vilareal when i saw 75000 supporters cry and clapp for zidane the bannerssaying to the reff dont whistle we cant loose him and just "merci".i kind off dropped a tear.
    laudrup my madritista brother i realized that forget how beautiful of a player he was ,he was our de stefano,the best of the best,he defined us.yeah carlos gave more but zidane was Real Madrid.
    and therefore he was worth every buck.
    as for the quoting thats all u can do in football quote the players and the experts..yeah figo started the galactico era.but no body cried when he left they didnt eather for hierro ,beckham nor carlos.they should but they didnt!none have their goals still in the bernabeu after they retired.
    he is huge and therefore he has been after de stefano our best buy and our best player.(and how else are u gonna brag to have the most expensive player in history!!he he)

11. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005

zizou555,

Please, please, please use capital letters and punctuation marks. Your posts are very difficult to read.

Thank You.

Now, back to Sergio Ramos as this is his thread.

12. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005

What does this have to do with anything? How is this not sentimentaloid opinion, which is much worse than a well-argued one?

You need perspective, dude. I've seen a lot of players that "were" RM at one time or another. They all come and go. RC stayed longer than most and gave his career to us.

Let me explain it to you: without Figo there would have been no Zidane. So Figo is more important than Zidane, by definition. Again, how a player left is irrelevant. It's how he came and what he did while he was here.

13. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

I can't believe you're defiling the manbeast's thread with talk about non-manbeast players.

14. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

^ Word!

15. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles

What this thread needs are pictures of the manbeast in his natural habitat clashing with and dominating other lesserbeasts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. zizou555

zizou555 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

do u hate zidane?
    what are we seeing here?debating?if not the love of the fan and the play?
    what effect do u want ?i cant understand the effect of figo?without Perez there would be no zidane nor figo nor ronaldo,but not without figo there would be no zidane!
    and my point was not sentimental value it was the fact that he achieved more was a bigger player and a bigger fan favorite.and rather than try and show me as an idiot try to read what i said.zidane was identified as the galactico not figo!and as far as many player where real Madrid.
    maybe but only 2 are still real Madrid:de Stefano and zidane!
    if u want to see effect ,hum how about him knocking out barca or scoring in the final or the countless assists.single handedly desmanteling Valencia and deportivo.or maybe he didn't give enough when he hit his head on the post to score a goal and then kissed the badge.if u don't like him,it s u r choice and i respect it.but in what ever way u look at it he is one of the top.and that is not my opinion,it is of the club and of several journalist!BTW i adore both figo and carlos and i know what they gave and i thank them for it but i still believe that he was a better transfer.Ramos talk?

17. Horsehead

Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles

[​IMG]

18. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005

Looks like the pictures didn't work.

Wow that is some statement.

At least spell Don Alfredo's name correctly: Di Stefano.

19. zizou555

zizou555 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Di stefano!
    i m sorry,im guessing none of u make errors while typing quickly.
    my appologies to the don.
    enough punctuation??
    (may i ask:why u stop on meanegless details rather than discuss what is beeing said ?)

20. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005

I don't bother entertaining it for two reasons: 1. I think you are way off the mark on this one, and 2. this is a Sergio Ramos thread and this is off topic.

21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Didn't you read what the man said?

22. zizou555

zizou555 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

10x for being honest.i still do not understand he criteria for which u choose the best transfers but i will end this here.
    long live the man beast.the future king of real and it s captain,the one the only Sergio Ramos!!!!!!

23. zizou555

zizou555 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Future captain i mean.
    long live his highness Raul Blanco Gonzalez the seventh.

24. Horsehead

Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles

1. Welcome to the forum, zizou555. :) Like anyplace you come into, you might want to look around (read lots of threads, see how we discuss things around here.) You are new so you might not understand how this works. Although we often stray off-topic, we always try to bring it back to the thread topic. If you wish to continue this, find a thread that fits with what you are saying. Whoever is interested will find you there.

2. This is not a chat room or sms messaging where the point is to try to type as fast as you can talk and therefore use all sorts of shortcuts. Yes, there are some here who do this but they don't get replied to very much. You have time here to make your post, check it and even edit it after you've submitted it.

3. Capitalization, punctuation and making an attempt to make meaningful sentences does matter - if we can not quite understand what you are saying, how can we discuss this with you?

4. If English is your second language, that is not the problem, there are many regulars here who are the same and are doing the best they can (and using the forum to practice better writing.) But if you make little effort to be understandable, why should we waste our time? You have a lot to say and strong opinions but you seem to think we should be able to read your train-of-thought rambling. If we were in a conversation, I would probably tune you out also, ya know? ;)

5. Some of our best posters started out similarly, so carry on, z555.

Again, welcome. :)

25. Horsehead

Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles

Back on topic: ;)

Saying goodbye: last time for Zizou and Ramos on the pitch together....

(I teared up when they embraced after that game :eek:)

[​IMG]