The All Purpose Other Teams Thread - Pt. III (R)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by RiverGaucho, Jun 6, 2011.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bro Luis Diaz scored like the top 3 goals of the tournament. He was fire throughout the cup, not just in the third place game.

Anyway it’s still an embarrassment for CONCACAF that the top scorer is from Qatar. The players from Mexico, USA, Canada, etc also played plenty of weak teams and had chances to rake in a bunch of easy goals, yet they can’t keep up with a player from freaking Qatar.

Christina99 repped this.
  2. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yea my point is, he scored 4 but 2 of those in third place game. If Messi gets 2 in third place match, nobody would care lol, everyone would say he scores in meaningless game.

3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tata Martino and second place finishes..... name a more iconic duo

This is the 5th time he loses an international final (1 CA with Paraguay, 2 CAs with Argentina, 1 NL with Mexico, 1 Gold Cup with Mexico)

SupaMario repped this.
  4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well... I guess Funes Mori wins the silver cup

5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    2nd place with Barca.

locoxriver repped this.
  6. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Imagine if conmebol and concacaf merge and we get to play every qualy against this terrible teams...at first it will be fun to win every game 14-0 and to qualify easily alongside all conmebol teams to every WC...but well lose competitivity soon :barefoot:.
    Let conmebol be conmebol and compite against good/great teams, and let concacaf compite against Islas turcas y caicos or Santa Lucia:cry: and then fail to do anything at every world cup. Its an awful confederation, really

SupaMario, locoxriver and ganapordiego repped this.
  7. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Poor Tata Martino, he lost 2 finals with an amazing arg team and now he loses against USA c team :cry:

I still think his argentina teams were awesome, just had bad luck in the finals

8. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not from tactical perspective. He approached the 2016 final in same exact way as in 2015. Even his subtitution.

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That game was absolute trash. Granted, I was drunk throughout the game but I saw zero quality from either side. Zero. I was telling my friends what a joke Rogelio was back home.

Sure, Mexico give us and the likes of Brasil some fits but Mexico will never be a team that will strike fear in the hearts of any quality opponent. They are one of the top dogs of their region but their region is awful. If they were required to play in conmebol, they would never quality. Seriously, maybe once every 30-40 years, and that’s a giant maybe. If you swapped Bolivia with Mexico, Bolivia would probably qualify and I’d bet money that Mexico would finish dead last or second to last in our qualifiers.

As for Tata, I’ll continue to say this, I’m glad he’s no longer coaching us. He was a stubborn old mule who kept with ways and never changed his tactics. Will he continue with Mexico? I don’t know. If it is end of the road for him, he’ll find a job somewhere. Some side will hire.

As for the Americans. I still don’t understand why they didn’t take a full squad to this tournament. It would’ve benefited them to get some tournament experience as a group. I don’t understand the aspect of using a B side. Do they think they’re too good or something? What’s the point of this B team, when maybe a couple players make it to the A team?

All in all, the Gold Cup is one of the worst continental tournaments out there. And in no shape or form should there be any kind of merger with the Copa America.

soul24rage and locoxriver repped this.
  10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hugo Sanchez taking more shots at Tata and FM:

Hugo Sánchez, histórico de la selección mexicana y ex Real Madrid, aprovechó la caída del Tri en la final de la Copa de Oro ante Estados Unidos para pegarle al Tata Martino y a Funes Mori

“Le tiene que dar vergüenza y debería presentar su renuncia. Debería decir: 'No estoy capacitado para dirigir a la selección mexicana por lo que pasó conmigo y con Funes Mori', porque no funcionó traer a Funes Mori"​

11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    FIFA putting the Charruas in their place and forcing them to abandon two of the stars they've been donning above their logo (Uruguay counts their two Olympic golds in the 20's as World Cups):

[​IMG]

FIFA PIDIÓ QUE SE SAQUEN ESTRELLAS DE LA CAMISETA DE URUGUAY

Así lo confirmó Jorge Casales, director de competiciones e integrante del Consejo Ejecutivo de la Asociación Uruguaya de Fútbol (AUF).

"Nos enteramos este lunes, a través de Puma, que FIFA impediría que Uruguay pudiera tener por encima del escudo de la AUF las cuatro estrellas tradicionales que demuestran los cuatro campeonatos mundiales ganados”, expresó Casales en diálogo con "Usted qué opina".

Luego, agregó que la la FIFA permitiría que figuren dos estrellas en la casaca del masculino y ninguna en la del femenino.​

SupaMario repped this.
  12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think it is time for Uruguay to stop doing this. At one time, I was somewhat okay with it, since it was a world championship but the stars represent World Cup titles.

locoxriver repped this.
  13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I’m not a big fan of wearing jerseys of teams I do not support but Venezia has some beautiful kits.
    Home
    [​IMG]
    Away
    [​IMG]
    Third kit.
    [​IMG]

14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Oswaldo Sanchez: "I wake up crying because of the Maxi Rodriguez goal in 2006"

"Sí, me sigue doliendo, de repente sueño y me despierto llorando porque recuerdo esa imagen porque pudo ser algo trascendente", contó en una entrevista en la que con La Saga ante la pregunta de un fanático sobre si todavía recuerda ese momento.​

Poor guy, but if it's this difficult for him, just imagine what Andrada felt in 2018....

A bonus, for comedy hour:

Mientras tanto, el relator Enrique Bermúdez agregó: "México era mucho mejor que Argentina"
    https://www.ole.com.ar/futbol-inter...nco-despierto-llorando-maxi-_0_7fdvlawzH.html

SupaMario repped this.
  15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Jesus, Mario, those jerseys are terrible! I mean if you want to walk around looking like a Jersey Shore guido douchbag, then yeah I guess they work. But otherwise.....

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Psshhh. The home and the third kits are great. Just because they’re made by Kappa, doesn’t meant Jersey Shore.

Even GQ commented on it.

How Venezia FC went from bankruptcy to the world's most fashionable soccer club

https://www.gq.com.au/fitness/sport...mage-gallery/63956b1dc33f48a3bb0d464e3cdd2c95

But I suppose you think dressing like this like this is cool.

[​IMG]
    :D

locoxriver repped this.
  17. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hope the Ecuador - Chile game ends in a draw

SupaMario repped this.
  18. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hope the Ecuador - Uruguay game ends in a draw

19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Chile is going to miss out on another Mundial… They’re seriously awful.

20. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Im sorry in advance for this rant, but Mexico is the most overrated futbol nation in the world. They think they'll end in the TOP 3 in CONMEBOL qualys (lol, they wouldnt even be top 6) only because in concacrap they play against santa lucia or turcas y caicos and win and that gives them a false sense of their own soccer ability. Then they play against Chile and lose 7-0 or we destroy them (last year, without Messi) 4-0.
    And then they might even get enough points to be seeded in the WC??? (where they NEVER went past the round of 16, cause, ehem, they suck). Imagine they get seeded and then we get spain or germany at the group stages instead of easy mexico? A disgrace

And they believe they are a great futbol nation as well, i swear they believe they are Brasil or something. What have they ever accomplish? They cant even beat USA and struggle against uber minion nations.

Im sure, from all the B-C tier nations in the world, they are the only ones that are insanely deluded.

Burr repped this.
  21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope we'd face them at KO stage, at least it will guarentee our progression to the next stage . There's nothing wrong with that.

Burr repped this.
  22. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It would be such an easy path for us. If only they'd get out of group stages....

23. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Imagine the lunatics from el chiringuito if la scaloneta runs them over 4-0 on the round of 16

24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They beat us once in blue moon back in 2004 Copa group stage and that was their biggest achievement in history.

Everytime we beat them, you'll see something special. Maxi Rodriguez goal of tournament, Tevez thunderous shot , Lautaro hattrick, Messi brilliant lob ... They'll give us an exciting moments.

Christina99 repped this.
  25. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #1350 Christina99, Sep 11, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    LOL, the AUDACITY. These mexican journalists were saying how argentina sucks and how every mexican player was better than arg players (LOL), only to get destroyed 4-0 by la scaloneta B team on the 1st half, and taking out some players and slowing down on the 2nd half only to not humillate Tata Martino
    What a shitshow:

Burr repped this.