The All Purpose Other Teams Thread, Pt. II (R)

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by locoxriver, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Yeah. Their era seems to be done (for good...). Let's wait for their emphatic Libertadores comeback in....40 years from now.

2. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Only one side each from Argentina and Brazil in the quarterfinals, very surprising. Maybe Penarol returns to their days of glory this year, following Uruguay's campaign at the WC last year.

3. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    For brazilian clubs, that was surprising, otoh for argentinian clubs it's clearly a trend. Even though Velez is doing well, i still think the current state of argie football isnt good at all at the moment.

4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Watched a little bit of the Real Madrid-Getafe game, and Pipita looks a bit out of it. He has 2 months to get back in game form. Hope right after the season, he flies back home and gets back in shape. And as for the game itself, it was beyond a snoozzer.

5. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think it's a mix of things for both sides, I do think that brazilians in general will have the edge to qualify seeing that at this time they're playing the state championships and the argentine sides are on the last half of the season, thus it goes like this brazilians qualify but at the first inconvenience they are out, also notice that the teams that basically walked off their group are from states where things aren't as competitive as Rio de Janeiro or São Paulo where as Fluminense and Santos had the most troubles to qualify, add to that that both Grêmio and Inter both were at probably the two crappiest groups, note that the only one left is from São Paulo state.

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Congrats to Messi,Mascherano,G.Milito and to Barcelona by winning another La Liga title. 3X for Lio and Gaby, Mascherano's 1st.

7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    messi has won la liga 5 times 2004-05, 2005-06, 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010–11
    he had less than 10 caps in 2004 but he scored his first goal that season... and in 2005 season he scored 8 + 4 assist.

8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Yeah that's correct, I meant, 3 straight, thanks for the correction.

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Almeria and Piatti got hammered today 8-1 by Real Madrid. Benzema scored 2, Adebayor had 3 and Crissy had 2(LOL at the goal celebration to put him over the mark, sure he does not care about scoring goals in meaningless games :D). I hope this means Pipita can finally leave that club and go find a better home. Italy will be a good place for Pipita, Inter maybe? I doubt Madrid let him go but I am still hoping, Garay and Gago are on their way out, which is great. Di Maria can stay there, he fits perfectly with that club. As for Almeria and Piatti, Almeria are relegated which was a forgone conclusion, and I believe Piatti is going to Atletico? (Not a 100% sure, but I think it was Piatti or probably was Buonanotte).

I am looking forward to watch the United and Barca final next week. Also the Coppa Italia final, Pastore can win Palermo a title for the first time in 30 years. If he wins them something, then I am sure he is gone.

10. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Buonanotte is headed to Malaga. Piatti probably to Atletico, but still not a done deal. Would be a nice move.

11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think the deal was if Malaga get relegated Buonanotte would go to Atletico but they secured another season for topflight football in Spain. So Malaga it is, best of luck to him.

12. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Malaga got some Arab owners. Apparently they will be on a mini spending spree cum this summer.

13. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What are the chances of Bouonanotte making the NT now that he will be playing in La Liga next season?

14. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Not too much. The fella's form has considerably dropped since the 09 accident. Plus there is too much competition for that position. Highly unlikely.

15. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Benfica are chasing Ansaldi. Fee around £0M . Perhaps this will at last get him into the national fold.

16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He can't start in River (or even make it to the bench at times, for that matter), I doubt he'll even be close to being called up.

Even if he returns to his old form, I still think there are better players available for our midfield.

17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pato has been ruled out of the Copa. Ganso is a question mark, if he can fit in time he will get a call-up. So maybe now Brazil will call up Hulk? The Brazilians have the same problem we do, Mano Menezes might not be that fond of Hulk, as Batista has not bothered with Tevez.

18. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Pato's exclusion is hardly a big blow to the Brazilians. Fred would have probably won the starting spot as the tourno would proceed.

19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah Fred is a favorite of Mano Menes but he also likes Pato. The update on Pato from being ruled out, is doubtful now. It was not as bad as they first thought but still unknown if he makes it or not.

20. haihaihai

haihaihai New Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Yeah, latest news have it that he may make the final squad

21. W.Lewin

W.Lewin Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Holy hell, anyone watching Pastore in the Coppa Italia final?

It's 1 0 to inter but Palermo is dominating the game.

22. W.Lewin

W.Lewin Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Well, 2-0 Inter, typical Italian football.

Pastore has been aswsome.

23. Brandon10

Brandon10 Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Palermo got screwed over pretty badly. If they just had a forward that could consistently score instead of Hernandez, then they would probably have won.

24. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How'd the other argentines do? I read Zanetti was starter(as usual), Muñoz scored and got sent off afterwards and that Milito came in from the bench and scored a goal in the last minute, but did they do any good?

25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Watching Netherlands-Brazil, Afellay for the dutch is causing havoc against the Brazilians. Neymar is acting like a little b**** as usual. He does not even get touched, he goes down, the ref gives the defender a yellow.