The all-encompassing WC 2006 thread [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by dreamer, Apr 25, 2006.

1. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    [​IMG]
    Zidane Finish him!!!!

2. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  3. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I can't see your picture...

[​IMG]
    is it this one?

4. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    LMAO at that pic

5. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

It's heart breaking to see him leave on a sour note like this. For some reason it reminded me of Hao Haidong.

6. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Klinsmann has resigned. :(

7. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

Maybe he has a better offer from the USA.

8. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    USA! USA! USA!

9. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    My prediction: he resigns for 2 years to be with kids, Germany will make Assistant-Coach Joachim Loew as the real coach (for continuity and the resumation of Klinsi-tactics). Klinsi will then look for options.

10. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    How old are his kids? What's Joachim Loew's résumé like?

11. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Kids are still very young (don't know exact age).

Joachim Loew hasn't really had a glittering career...coached at Fenerbahce, VfB Stuttgart, Karlsruhe, FC Tirol Innsbruck, Austria Wien. But Klinsmann didn't have one PERIOD. Loew has been the tactical brain to Klinsmann's charisma and daring. I think that Oliver Bierhoff may take Klinsmann's charisma and daring part.

But other options are out there too. Christoph Daum, Thomas Schaaf of Werder Bremen, Juergen Klopp of FSV Mainz are all good possiblities, they have a lot of Klinsi in them, especially Klopp, who has taken a nothing team in Mainz and made them one of the most exciting in die Bundesliga.

But if they hire Rehhagel/Hitzfeld/Matthaeus/Sammer, I will go on a personal rampage. :mad: :mad:

12. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    How young is Loew?

13. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

14. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    He looks very young too, like Klinsmann, unlike those white-haired, pot-bellied senior citizens.

15. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    What he has in tactical knowledge, he sorely lacks in charisma though.

I'm not fully sold.

16. ruud van semz

ruud van semz Red Card

Dec 27, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    they hired low

17. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I loved how the commentators were so shocked by this, the reality is that Zidane has always been a combo of physicality and finesse and that he is an extremely emotional player. This act isn't out of left field, it is pretty consistent with much of his career, the only difference is the importance of the match. It is almost a given that Materrnazi made some racist statement about Zidane's background. I also like this concept about how "Zidane lost France the game." While Zidane would have been 1 of the 5 spot kick takers, it is highly unlikey under any circumstances that Treziguet wouldn't have taken a penalty, and thus you get the same result.

Oh well, overall a pretty crappy World Cup, it isn't one of the worst, but it was very forgettable. Now the next major international competition is....Asian Cup 2007, Zhongguo Jiayou!

18. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I am literally on the edge of my seat. Here we come Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam!

19. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I wouldn't say it's a crappy WC. I think it's a decent WC. Lots of goals were scored and some were of very high quality (Argentina vs. Serbia, Joe Cole's, Maxi's, and Lahm's come to mind). Great defending (France and Italy), great goalkeeping (Ricardo, Kahn/Lehman), and of course some emotional and shocking moments (Rooney and Zizou's send offs).

20. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

In fact it'd be an above average WC had France won it.

But a lot of people are disappointed by Brazil whose performance usually accounts for half of the entertainment value of the whole WC. Add poor performance by "Ingerland" on top and you have an absolutely crappy WC for Chengbo. :)

21. The Old Lady Hertha

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Funny how 3rd place has gotten people in Germany in a tizzy. Shows how young and crappy our team was. Now I would like to think we have a great chance for the Euros and 2010. Holland is still good and young. Ingerland...haha don't get me started. :cool:

This World Cup was good...would have been better with a French win...but it would outright be great if the attacking Germans bucked the "4-5-1" trend with their own brand of total "attacking" football and smashed the "4-5-1" forever. :)

22. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I don't see how you guys can call it anything more than average/below average. Whenever you play so many games in such a short amount of time, there are bound to be at least 1 or 2 classic goals (and there were) and 1 or 2 great games 9and there were). There are also bound to be crap referee decisions and bad/ugly/boring games. The problem was that the majority of games either included very bad refereeing decisions or boring games or both. It has absolutely nothing to do with the teams that went out, but the lack of decent games until the last few games. I just think longterm this isn't a very memorable World Cup.

As for the Asian Cup, I was thinking more the likes of Korea, Japan, Iran, and Australia, X. :p

23. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

People will long remember this WC as the one Zidane headbutted somebody.

24. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
  25. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

The latest is the Italian guy commented on Zidane's sister and mother.