The Adventures in Policing Thread Part II

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, Jan 14, 2015.

Tags:
  1. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That's Barry Wh

You're as green as the day is long, bro.

I don't know if it's stupid or not. It's stupid only if they face some repercussions for it. Otherwise, it's just business as usual.

3. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hilarious how people think assimilation of black people to the vile culture of racist impunity will solve the police brutality problem here.[​IMG]

Auriaprottu repped this.
  4. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Seems it was just a few days ago that you or someone else posted an article about a Black dude whose idea of a solution was a larger Black presence in law enforcement. Like they'd ever allow a high enough percentage to make a difference. And like the guys they'd let in would be of sufficient maturity and understanding to work with Black citizens instead of against them.

5. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    No, I start from the assumption that whatever happens usually doesn't involve villainy, and look for an explanation to match that assumption. Then sometimes I have to adjust it as more information comes my way; other times not. This time there's an obvious thought, and I expressed it.

I've met way too many good cops to presume bad ones are the standard...

JBigjake and stanger repped this.
  6. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #106 DynamoEAR, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    Also, the last thing we need is a possibility for more cops like this:

Good.

The "not all cops are bad" line again. The whackass denial of police brutality and department resistance to internal whistle bowers, caused by conditioning in our society that people in "hero" positions (Police,EMS, Military) are incapable of oppression evil as an institution. Listen,statements like this do not help. At all. You sound exactly like one of those ********ing white liberals that Dr. King razzed on numerous times.

Timon19 repped this.
  7. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    I pretty much am one of those white liberals... but I don't believe that the average cop is one of the bad guys...

8. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then why doesn't the average cop take a stand, blow the whistle and shine the light on department misdoings and evil police unions?

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  9. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This CondiCop scene came to mind as soon as I read that link I mentioned above.

Dynamo-Ear, even White liberals backslide every once in a while. I'm as put off on occasion as you are right now, but TJ's posting history says (to me, at least) that he's not really a bad dude. Give him some time and let him read a few more examples of this sort of thing, and you'll probably see a different side.

DynamoEAR repped this.
  10. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    It's not necessarily a question of "good" or "bad". When you ******** up so tremendously (not saying that's the case, but there have been a metric shitload of instances of it), you make interesting decisions, particularly if you have the power to "fix" things. It's standard procedure to say a dead perpetrator had a gun, or made a "furtive movement" or "came at" the officer(s).

It's a broken culture in a lot of departments.

DynamoEAR repped this.
  11. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I've been seeing a trend toward the opposite in his posts. (...and it should go without saying that I don't think he's a bad dude either)

12. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True.

Every person is in a different place in their own journey to consciousness of the types of oppression that occur in this country, and I'm not gonna front like I was fully aware of the deeply ingrained racism that hides under the cover of denial and revisionism before the 9th of August last year.

However, I feel that once you are pushed in your journey to consciousness, you have to shock those around you further along in their journey as well, even if they go through cognitive dissonance in the process. I feel that TJ even in his old age is still capable of reaching that destination of consciousness and likewise pushing others to it.

Then there's those individuals out there whose conditioning is so dug in that they don't even undergo cognitive dissonance when it comes to this stuff, and it may be virtually impossible to get them to unlearn the bullshit they were fed.

(CC: JBigJake,Stilton,etc and their heavily n*ggerized views of black people in this sub-forum.)

Auriaprottu repped this.
  13. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Won't be long until the Fraternal Order of Police and other national police organizations get this site off the web.

CopScore

14. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, SOP, but I call it stupid knowing that they know somebody will come along and call them out for being racist and not being proactive in removing that crap. But, I guess "stupid is what stupid does."

15. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  16. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    That's a dead link.

Did you mean this: http://www.copscore.org/

DynamoEAR repped this.
  17. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    I've got your number. chump. Da Man be holdin' your sorry azz down. Boo hoo.
    As for auria, I'm still waiting for his links to those "missing friends" who supposedly vanished after contact with the evil white po-leece. Someone should start a website, or somethin'. I probably personally know more white cops shot by black thugs.

18. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Ooh, a dick-measuring contest is afoot!

19. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
  20. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Heh-heh, he said 'dick' and 'a foot' ...

21. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What'd he say this time?

22. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    You got him blocked or something?

23. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, he broke my personal limit on how many times a poster in here can bring up black on black crime, absent black fathers, etc before I put them in the ignore penalty box.

soccernutter repped this.
  24. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Enjoy:

25. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These types of comments amuse me. If I had the same intolerance of other people's opinions that differ from mine there would be no need to come here. I know at least two people are ignoring me, don't know if they see my posts or not but they never reply when addressed, but their inability to tolerate differing opinions says more about them than it does me.