The ACC 2010

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by Vilhelm, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Bubbalouie2

Bubbalouie2 Member

Feb 8, 2008
    On Alan Dawson's staff at Old Dominion:

http://www.odusports.com/sports/m-soccer/mtt/oldd-m-soccer-mtt.html#coaches

2. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
  3. Baron52

Baron52 Member

Apr 29, 2006
    I'm sorry but I feel bad for T.A. and his family....I'm sure his daughter love's him and he love's her...the teenage years are so challenging...and I'm sure he was dealing with his own personal stresses. That's not an excuse for the actions. But the way this played out is almost like a tragic Irish movie. I don't know the man but I'm glad he has landed on his feet at Old Dominion....I'm sure that this has probably brought his whole family together and that they have all grown in their relationships. I wish the best for him and his family...

4. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Furman 0, Duke 4
    Three assists for Chris Tweed-Kent help Duke get a badly needed win. (They have a good RPI, but they need some Ws.)

Navy 1, NC State 2
    Pack rally with two late goals to sneak above .500 overall despite playing without leading scorer Tyler Lassiter.

North Carolina 1, Virginia Commonwealth 0
    Kids thrust into the lineup because of injuries continue to produce for UNC as Josh Rice converts from a Robbie Lovejoy assist.

5. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Wake Forest 2, Elon 1, OT.
    Kyle Adams with the winner in the 94th minute as the Deacs become the first ACC team to beat Elon in three tries this year and get to within a game of .500.

6. Baron52

Baron52 Member

Apr 29, 2006
    the young deacs needed this result for sure....and they got it!!

7. Rong Position

Rong Position New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Great series of passes that led to the goal: URSO to LOVEJOY to RICE

8. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Wofford 2, Clemson 2
    Just when you think the Tigers are turning the corner, they fail to beat a team that entered the game 2-9-2.

Dartmouth 1, Boston College 2
    Eagles get the game-winner from 24-year old Israeli junior (JuCo transfer) Amit Aburmad.

Radford @Virginia Tech was canceled because of field conditions, presumably from rain.

9. Duhawk40

Duhawk40 New Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago
    Big match in Charlottesville tomorrow evening. It is no secret these two programs do not like each other. How many yellows will we see during the match?
    If the Terps offense gets going early they should be able to beat Va.

The UMD bench is deep and can score. Is the Hoo's defense strong enough to disrupt and shut down the Terps? Restrepo is having another good year.

10. tman1

tman1 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    If Md scores first then it's over. Md doesn't loose when they get the lead (9-0) this year. Same goes for last year as well. This might be Sasho's deepest team ever.

Tman

11. maccatheman

maccatheman New Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Maryland to beat a slightly down UVA but when are they ever really down.....

12. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    As expected, Maryland beats Virginia 2-0.

Virginia has good forwards but just has no midfield and can't create enough chances. This also puts more pressure on the defense than last year. (It doesn't help that last year's D is minus 2 starters, one of whom is now in midfield.)

Agree that this is one of Sasho's better teams. And Kassell is playing like the player expected when he got to College Park out of HS. Really controlling and creating in midfield.

13. Baron52

Baron52 Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Wake 4 vs BC 3....the Deacs even their record as they try for a post season bid. This win should insure that they are 3rd seeds in the ACC tournament.

14. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Huge result.

If they beat Davidson midweek, they're almost assured a spot in the NCAAs.

15. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Duke beat Tech 6-1. Ryan Finley had a hattie and a helper.

UNC beat East Tennessee State 2-1 in OT, Enzo Martines - the best player in the ACC no one talks about - had the game-winner.

16. Hararea

Hararea Member+

Jan 21, 2005
    Even if they win that one, they still need to avoid losing their next two, both of which are probably tough games, at Duke and against the ACC six-seed.

17. Baron52

Baron52 Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Clemson 3 vs NC State 1 Final

18. Rong Position

Rong Position New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Urso's bending corner goal-2nd of the season- held on for most of the game. It was a great controversial game and great finish by Enzo.

19. Rong Position

Rong Position New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Awesome win by Wake. Sure to increase their confidence.

20. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Wake Forest 2, Davidson 0
    Wake crawls above .500 with third straight win.

Virginia 4, Belmont 1
    Cavs continue to pad their stats on weak non-con foes.

NC State 1, Florida Atlantic 0
    State gets their 8th win.

21. Tall Elf

Tall Elf New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Virginia Tech beat Radford 4-1 on Monday.

22. footieprophet

footieprophet New Member

Oct 23, 2010
    Tech finally finds its own beating. Sad for the program to be seeing 7-0 and 6-1 losses...

23. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    ACC Women are in their tournament now, as well.

24. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I don't mean to be a dick, though I know I'll come off as one, but no one here cares. And if they do, they'll go to the women's college soccer forum to discuss it.

25. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I don't particularly either, but it seemed remotely relevant. I didn't even know there was a women's forum. Good for them. ;)