The 50 Greatest Cartoon Characters of All Time!

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Alberto, Aug 1, 2002.

1. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Top Three superheros who relied on performance enhancing drugs...

--- Underdog (the secret compartment of my ring I fill with an Underdog Super Energy Pill)

---Super Chicken (He will drink his Super Sauce and throw the bad guys for a loss)

---Roger Ramjet (the Proton Energy Pill, which gave him the power of twenty atom bombs for a period of twenty seconds)

Other goodies...

Mr. Burns
    The Fabolus Furry Freak Brothers
    Michigan J. Frog (pre WB)
    Clutch Cargo
    Little Orphan Amphetimine
    Tom Slick
    The Grinch (pre Jim Carrey)

And of course, the Kings of all Print Comics...

Walt Kellys Pogo Possum and all therein.

2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The original Tom & Jerry. Pound for pound the most violent cartoon of all time. They were even honored by the producers of the Simpsons by bringing Itchy & Scratchy to life in memorium.

3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    My top 10:

1) Wile E. Coyote
    2) Daffy Duck
    3) Bender
    4) Bugs Bunny
    5) Pinky and the Brain (you have to take 'em as a pair, they don't work on their own)
    6) Cornfed (from Duckman)
    7) Yosemite Sam
    8) Duckman
    9) Homer J. Simpson
    10) Donald Duck

4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Slightly unrelated, but: someone should bring back Duckman.

Some great quotes:

Duckman: Did I ever tell you my Dad's last words to me?
    Cornfed: "Careful, son, I don't think the safety is on."
    Duckman: Before that.

King Chicken: The students, professors, all animatrons. Robots.
    Duckman: Even Deanna, that lovely coed?
    King Chicken: Nope. I've never been able to make breasts. She's a muppet.
    Duckman: Ohh. To be Frank Oz for a day.

Cornfed: Once again, the U.S. is spending millions to oust a puppet they spent millions to get into office. They'll spend more millions on the coverup to hide having spent those millions and even more millions to discredit members of the media who report otherwise. It's a good thing they print their own money.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
    Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
    Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Charles: We saw a movie where, during a drill, terrorists took over a city.
    Ajax: Well, I saw a movie where, during a drill, terrorists took over a city.
    Charles: Ajax, that's the same movie.
    Ajax: They're all the same movie. That's why Hollywood movies are like visits from old friends.

Eric Duckman: Remember kids, when you get to prison attach yourself to the biggest, toughest, meanest looking goon you can find. You don't wanna wind up as just anyone's bitch.

Bernice: If you're my sister then do you know what that means?
    Duckman: A threesome?

Duckman: 5000 hours? That's 45 minutes!
    Cornfed: Actually, it's seven months.
    Duckman: Damn metric system.

Eric Duckman: I'll be tireless in my efforts for Duckman doesn't know the meaning of the word 'quit.'
    Cornfed Pig: Apparently, the word 'clue' slipped through the cracks as well.

Cornfed Pig: I haven't felt tension like that since I got stuck in an elevator with Pat Buchanan and RuPaul.

Cornfed Pig: You can't keep us here, you know. We're Americans. We have rights.
    Eric Duckman: Including the right to bear arms. So, uh, could we, like, have some guns?

[Duckman has spilled something on his chest causing a stain that looks like a Rorschach inkblot]
    Duckman: Well now look what you made me do! I gotta go in there with a picture of me and Vanna White frolicking naked with a tribe of pygmies on my chest!
    Cornfed: Hmm. Looks like synchronized swimmers crocheting mittens in a pool filled with truffles to me.
    Duckman: You're sick.

[on Duckman's Rorschach-like stain]
    Bob Hiney: Any particular reason you got a picture of a drag queen on a Shetland pony licking a flaming banjo on your chest?
    Duckman: All right, never mind that!

[more on Duckman's Rorschach-like stain]
    Val de Ree: Excuse me, why do you have a picture of me, a rabbi, and six drunken longshoreman rolling around on a rubber bed on your chest?

Dr. Susan Fox: Cornfed, I'm sensing that you have "issues".
    Cornfed: Oh, I have issues all right. Like that time he made me miss my mother's funeral so he could carterize his lucky goiter or that time he got drunk and gave my phone number out to all of those prostitutes or that time he sold all of my furniture to buy those Who's The Boss comemorative plates.
    Duckman: They were supposed to triple in value. DAMN YOU TO HELL TONY DANZA!
    Dr. Susan Fox: How does that make you feel, Duckman?
    Duckman: Like a bottle of open spit.
    Cornfed: You and what United States Peacekeeping force?

Agent Dennehy: This is the IRS! Throw out your wallets and surrender!

Duckman: Comedy should provoke! It should blast through prejudices, challenge preconceptions! Comedy should always leave you different than when it found you. Sure, humor can hurt, even alienate, but the risk is better than the alternative: a steady diet of innocuous, child-proof, flavorless mush! Demand to be challenged, to be offended, to be treated like thinking, reasoning adults. And raise your children to be the same. Don't let a comedian, a network, a Congressional committee, or an evil genius take away your freedom to laugh at whatever you want.

Duckman: Boo-freaking-hoo. Like I am supposed to take women and how they feel seriously? You ought to be accepted for your minds but you throw a hissy fit royalé if someone isn't saying you look great 30 hours a day. You say you want a nice guy but you only give it up to the creeps. You get to stay home, not go to war, live longer, and have sex whenever you want! So remind me again what exact is there to complain about!

5. Ictar

Ictar Member

Jun 18, 2002
    The Oklahoma Panhandle
    The best cartoon characters are Cartman, Boomhauer, the Tick, Ren & Stimpy, Carl from Aqua Teens, the new Brak, Peter & Stewie Griffin, Bender, Henry Hawk (he was the 'I say, I say boy...' rooster, right?), and some others who I can't think of off the top of my head. But those are my favorites.

6. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Foghorn Leghorn?

7. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    Amen on the Duckman post, greatest show and character. For those who never saw it, it was brilliantly written, but audacious and subtle, timely, and wickedly sarcastic, while showing both the vileness of the culture and moment of real tenderness.

8. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    How could you lot forget Cartman?

[​IMG]

9. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frito Bandito

10. Ictar

Ictar Member

Jun 18, 2002
    The Oklahoma Panhandle
    Damn, I can't believe I didn't remember that. Thank you.

11. Mglnbea

Mglnbea Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Northern California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Daffy Duck

12. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You didn't really think that Popeye ate that "spinach", do you?

He always had that pipe with him. :)

13. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes

He may have relied on Super Sauce and, to a lesser extent, his obviously gay butler/"life partner", Fred, but Super Chicken, nee Henry Cabot Henhouse III, was obviously the greatest cartoon character ever, and thank God domeone had the balls to bring him up....

14. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    [​IMG]

my favourite as a kid was probably StarScream...

15. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    In terms of both appeal to viewers and long-term impact on the genre, I'd go with: (notes in parentheses for those unfamiliar with anime)
    1. Bugs Bunny
    2. Wile E. Coyote
    3. Arsene Lupin III (Lupin the Third)
    4. Scrooge McDuck
    5. Rocky and Bullwinkle
    6. Daffy Duck
    7. D (Vampire Hunter D)
    8. Optimus Prime
    9. Tetsuo and Kaneda (Akira)
    10. Yosemite Sam

16. When Hell Unfreezes

Jan 8, 2004