The 2020 Election Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Knave, May 8, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joe numbers in Michigan. Man, Gretmer is popular there.

Biden 48%, Trump 45%
    Handling Coronavirus response:
    Trump: approve 46%, disapprove 49%
    Gov Whitmer: Approve 62%, disapprove 28%
    Who do you think did a better job in Coronavirus response:
    Trump 42%, Whitmer: 49%

2. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'd like to state again that one of Gretchen Whitmer's campaign pledges was, "FIX THE DAMN ROADS!"

Problem is the legislature is dominated by zealot Republicans at the moment.

Deadtigers and charlie15 repped this.
  3. Walia Ibex

Walia Ibex Red Card

Arsenal
    Ethiopia
    Oct 2, 2019
    The primary is sadly over. Has been effectively wrapped up since Super Tuesday. Biden two Tuesday night weekly beatdowns in big midwestern states cemented his presumptive nominee status. Hell he even won in Idaho and Washington states I thought Bernie would pull out. Biden crushing victories in Flordia, Illinois, Michigan, Arizona and Missouri prove the Democratic electorate wants to move on. Once Covid19 hit the primary has been effectively sidelined. I had a glimmer of hope that Bernie could win four state contests in a row (Wisconsin, Puerto Rico, Alaska and Wyoming) but with polling not looking good on this front it is time to concede and unite.

I supported Bernie extremely enthusiastically in 2016 and was really bummed with his defeat then but this year not so much. His age, health, lack of pragmatism and better options made me support other candidates. My first choice was Julian Castro and after he dropped out Andrew Yang. But once those options were taken away I settled on Bernie as the candidate who fit my ideology on the democratic primary spectrum. But unfortunately he lost. I have given Biden much criticism fair or sometimes unfair. But now it's time to put petty intraparty squabbles aside and unite to defeat El Douche. I am interested in how this campaign unfolds under trying times and wish Team Biden the best of luck in November. The country really depends on Joe winning and it will be a slugfest until November.

Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  4. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Georgia may be in play in November.

An internal poll in Georgia conducted for the U.S. Senate campaign of Rep. Doug Collins (R-GA) finds President Trump just ahead of Joe Biden in a general election match up, 48% to 46%, with another 6% undecided.

5. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And this is why you won't see GA go all mail. Too many undesirables will vote.

Deadtigers and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  6. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I mean, they did flat out admit it.

Deadtigers repped this.
  7. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    We are already at the point where they'll have to blatantly cheat IMO

The Hunter Biden type scam won't be enough

But of course that will be harder in places where they don't hold the governorship. The kind of thing they might have a go at is "public health restrictions" which make voting difficult for dem voters

charlie15 repped this.
  8. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Continuing to support the Democratic Party in light of current pandemic death tolls and the associated depression level economic carnage is akin to supporting a demonic death cult. Sex offender and sociopath Joe Biden lacks the mental wherewithal and empathy required to do anything to address the dire situation facing the American people. The votebluenomatterwho crowd continues to point the finger at Trump for taking inadequate measures to tackle the crisis meanwhile Biden fails to offer any alternative solutions and against safety recommendations callously sends his older voting base at great risk to polling stations. This same crowd having voted on two occasions in the last 5 years against providing all citizens guaranteed healthcare, now have the deaths of ten of thousands on their heads. But against all better judgement and moral reasoning still they persist. It's sickening.

9. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well.. That's certainly an opinion that someone can have.. I mean, it's not a good or valid opinion, but it is certainly an opinion.

sitruc, xtomx, onefineesq and 1 other person repped this.
  10. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    As I've been writing, sometimes it is flat-out impossible to tell the difference between Trump and Bernie supporters. It's like when Trump meets with Kim Jong-un, one can't tell who is who.

xtomx and charlie15 repped this.
  11. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #12936 MatthausSammer, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    Huh? Supporting the Democrats as opposed to who?
    Unfortunately all we have to go off for the "sex offender" bit is one person coming forward with a new allegation from the 90s. It sucks, I don't like it, but it's what has to be done to oust the orange toddler (also a sex offender) in office. Also, Biden is a candidate for President, not a current elected official so he literally can't do anything right now.
    Trump to be clear is definitely doing a piss-poor job. Even just doing the basic job of coordinating limited resources among all the states according to need, rather than hoarding it or only sending it to Republican-held Florida, would be a vast improvement.
    That's Bernie's fault for continuing to run a doomed campaign. Or does he not receive any blame for this?

12. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Two wrongs don't make a right.
    You are sinking very very low now. The 90s aspect is irrelevant and her account has been confirmed by others. And btw are we now absolving everyone else who has been tried in the court of public opinion also?
    He's one of the highest profile people in the country. He can do an enormous amount if he chooses. The issue is that he's incompetent and every knows it.
    Trump considering M4all. Certain death knell for Democrats if it happens.
    The US pretends to be democratic doesn't it? He has a right to continue running. Physical polling stations should be shut down however and anyone who sends voters out is borderline criminal including Sanders.

13. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Remember that time voting for Jill Stein brought about meaningful change to carbon policy?

Like change in the worst way possible? :ROFLMAO:

14. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The deathly silence from Obama at the moment also reveals how morally bankrupt the Democratic Party has become.

15. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    like voting for Jacinda brought meaningful change to NZ.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

16. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    His silence is a bit weird...

No #stayathome commercials even?

17. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And yet he was pretty quick to jump into action when it came time to consolidate support behind Joe Biden before Super Tuesday. Tells you everything you need to know.

[​IMG]

18. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea that did kinda piss me off.... March 2nd, AKA Bloody Monday

19. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And Cuomo is implementing cuts to Medicaid in the middle of an unprecedented health crisis. Madness!!

20. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea...I’m conflicted about him. He’s been killing it in the crisis department...to the point where he supersedes my progressive sensibilities

21. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Game of Thrones dude sums it up well:

[​IMG]

22. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's worthwhile to consider the alternative.
    The court of public opinion, outside of Sanders supporters, has been a massive *shrug*. The reality is her account has no witnesses, it has changed multiple times, and not even Fox News, as far as I can tell, has picked it up yet. It sucks that there's no way to corroborate it, I'm sorry. But given the choice between someone who's accused of sex offences and someone who has actively admitted to sex offences, even discounting policy, I'll take the former.
    I know you're smarter than to believe this. Be better, be less disingenuous.
    Sanders has a right to continue running, and I have the right to consider him irresponsible for doing so, given that Joe has an insurmountable lead that is in all practicality much too large to overcome. Voters should absolutely be mailing in ballots and not going to polling stations though.

23. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's not how it is looking from my end. He was extremely slow to act and health care workers have been chronically under supplied with vital equipment.

By American leader standards he may be doing ok. But did you see the story about how South Korea identified their first case at roughly the same time as the US. Vastly different outcomes.

24. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Huh? Obama hasn't endorsed anyone.

sitruc, appwrangler and xtomx repped this.
  25. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    The guy you quoted is against populist politicians who target immigrants. You are doing Trump's work, so that makes you the opposite.

As for Trump M4A, that may be the single silliest thing I have ever read on bigsoccer.com. And believe me, that's one hell of a contest.

sitruc repped this.