PBP: The 2014 Midterm Elections [R]

Discussion in 'Elections' started by DynamoEAR, Nov 4, 2014.

1. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cory Booker wins again in NJ. You'd think that with our record of electing Governors that a Republican would have a chance in a Senate race one of these days, but nope. Mr. Booker can hold the seat for as long as he wants.

2. Transparent_Human

Oct 15, 2006
    Pale blue dot
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
    Despite what happens nationwide and in the Governor race, I am very happy and excited about this. He is a great *leader* and a very genuine person from when I've spoken to him.

3. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    I DARE you people to watch CNN.

5. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It's just a number game. Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, El Paso and the border Hispanic heavy counties still get overwhelmed by the Texas hinterlands and its suburbs. Until that Tilts and the miniority totals increases it will continue to be red.

DynamoEAR repped this.
  6. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Transparent_Human

Oct 15, 2006
    Pale blue dot
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
  8. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Udall goes down in CO. democrats are toast. Corey Gardner tea party congressman wins statewide, Udall must feel stupid he ran a bad campaign.

9. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    And so I return to my recurrent thought since .. oh ... around about 2004.

The problem with Democrats is that they are such useless, fcuking cowards.

10. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is who they are.

11. Transparent_Human

Oct 15, 2006
    Pale blue dot
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
    Udall is an idiot.

Dems need better candidates next time. Oh, and don't do a Crist again.

12. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Pet peeve: who is the dumbshit reponsible for having the allegedly left-wing party be represented by the color blue and the right-wing party be red? That isn"t American Exceptionalism, that"s just stupid and backwards.

13. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Scott Walker won't Die!!!! He will be on the ticket most likely VP. Dude has balls he is tough.

14. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Crist is awful. Just shows you how weak the FL democrats are. Had to get a closested turncoat ex-govenor who is unpopular to go against Scott.

15. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I hate the GOP because they are dangerous, but I have total contempt for the Democrats because they are gutless.

It's an old, but timeless cartoon ...

[​IMG]

16. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Purdue smashes Nunn no December runoff.

17. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    So true ... The good news is that liberal voters are still out there. The bad news is that they stayed home. I don't blame them. If I was a left leaning independent why would I vote for the Democrats if they're ashamed of themselves?

Why be ashamed of Obamacare? Because more people than ever have health insurance? Why be ashamed of the economy? Because unemployment dropped 4 points in the last 6 years? Why be ashamed of our foreign policy? Because we haven't been dragged into a new war in last few years?

If you're a Democrat incumbent and you're not proud of the work you did and the votes you took to further the Obama and Harry Reid agendas then you don't deserve the base to come out for you

18. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    At this point I'm just hoping Alaska and Oregon come through for me on legalization so the night isn't a total waste for me. My vacation plans for next year are relying on it ...

19. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Pat Roberts smack down Orman!!!

20. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No independent. So much for the anti incumbent theory.

21. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Nor do I.
    Those idiots were running away from it even before it was policy. If the Democrats, especially the political morons in the Senate had embraced the policy and stood up for the policy during its formation and enactment, they wouldn't have suffered nearly the same sort of defeats in subsequent elections, including this one. But, no, the Democrats leaders signaled that they were squeamish and even scared of the ACA. No wonder the voters were suspicious of it and had no confidence in it. Stupid Democrats are just so damn skilled at finding a stupid way to blow a good thing.

Anyway, when all is said and done, I suspect we're going to find that Latino voting plummeted, even by midterm standards. Really brilliant doing jack-shit about immigration before the election. Really fcuking brilliant.

I hate the GOP, like I said. But at least I can respect them as political players. Democrats are just so spineless and hapless. They'll always find a way to fcuk it up.

The GOP takes every defeat as a reason to double down on their beliefs. Democrats take every defeat as a reason to run away from their ostensible beliefs. The GOP is dangerous because they believe too much, and the Democrats are useless because they don't believe strongly enough.

22. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hagan is toast.

23. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

:ROFLMAO:

luftmensch repped this.
  24. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ernst wins it, the Senate goes GOP.

25. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC legalizes weed, and Oregon looks to make up for its '12 rejection of legal weed.

Happy now, @MasterShake29? :D