The 10/4 Undercard Debate :: Tim Kaine vs Mike Pence [R]

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Knave, Sep 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    This isn't a ridiculous as it initially sounds. Of course for it to be effective Pence would have to be Cheney II.

2. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    After reflecting for a day, I think the "winner" of the debate depends on the person watching. If you are well informed, you knew that Pence was flat out lying when he kept denying all the stuff Trump said which Kaine was quoting verbatim. And that smug, condescending look while shaking his head just made him look like a real asshole. Why would anyone believe anything that came out of his mouth, much less vote for him? OTOH, if you are not well informed, he came off looking more "presidential." So it is especially unsurprising that each side thinks their guy won - as Trump brags, the uneducated are his friends.

chaski repped this.
  3. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol, most debates that is how it works. (for the very partisan people) most other people don't care who "won" just if they personally liked something's that were said.

4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I only saw a couple of highlights, but there was something nostalgic about seeing two white party establishment men debating each other. "Make America great again!"

5. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Too bad they let that girl up there to ask questions.

6. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll have plenty of time to debate the above (bolded party, specifically) after the election. I do find it odd, though, that Pence performing reasonably well in the VP debate somehow propels him, in the minds of some pundits, into position for taking over as party frontrunner. If, as expected, Trump loses this election, the GOP, as it did four years ago, will once again go through a soul-searching process. The Trump campaign has been a disaster for the party and Pence is associated with it. Maybe he wants to be president. If so, he'll probably need to run against a large crowd of crazies in four years, including guys like Cruz and Rubio. If Trump loses in November, there will be no frontrunner of the GOP.

7. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I thought the frontrunner was Cruz. Anyway it's pretty unusual for a failed VP nominee to get the nomination, isn't it? Dole did, but not the next election. Mondale did, but he had actually served as VP.

8. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Trump has kind of thinned out the Republicans bench.

9. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    It's pretty unusual for the frontrunner to get the nomination, too...

10. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Then I really hope Cruz is the frontrunner.

Dr. Wankler, Boloni86 and ArsenalMetro repped this.