The 1,420 calorie burger - Mm mm good

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Soju Gorae, Nov 19, 2004.

1. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    I agree to an extent. Once in a while is not going to hurt a person. But keep in mind that one of these + a Coke is pretty much your entire day's caloric intake, and it's twice your recommended intake of saturated fat. Even more than once a week would make a difference, unless you were careful with your diet for the other six days. I am, and it sounds like you are, but what about everyone else? Considering how many people buy into every single fad diet that makes the rounds, and considering the waist sizes of the people I see every time I'm downtown, I'd say not many.

2. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Why does have to be a "not for lefties" type of thing??

And before you reply, remember that Carls, Jr has the commercial that goes through every war the French have ever surrended in, and then ends it by saying "Don't be a chicken, eat the Carl's, Jr. chicken sandwich instead".

Yes, I swear.

3. Emile

Emile Member

Oct 24, 2001
    dead in a ditch
    There is no difference between Hardees and Carl Jr.'s, except here in the south you can get fried chicken and biscuits at Hardee's and in California, Carl's Jr. comes with a Green Burrito next to it (or did that go out of business?)

For those in California despairing you can't get this thing, you've always been able to get your 6x6 Animal Style, which would probably do the same thing to your heart and taste a lot better (although in fairness, Hardees burgers are not bad).

When Hardees was bought by Carl's Jr., they had a hilarious set of commercials which amounted to 'we admit our food used to be not fit for abused circus animals, but its a lot better now'. They really worked - honesty is the best policy I guess.

4. zverskiy yobar

zverskiy yobar BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 10, 2002
    just because your skinny doesnt mean your healthy or attractive.

i would wager I am a hell of lot fitter then the skinny little eurotwerps that comment about "big americans".I would like to see some of you guys shoe horses or even deal with horses or cattle (I own 10 horses, and 30 head of cattle ).

5. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd wager you're probably right. Dealing with horses and cattle is hard work--what's more, I think that's the kind of 'exercise' that really keeps you healthy.

People spend lots of money and go to lots of trouble with different weights, exercise machines and routines trying to replicate the kind of 'full-body workout' that physical labor gives you. The best shape I've ever been in my life was when I was young and did farm work and had my own little yard work business. Picking up bales, mowing five lawns a day, or laying irrigation pipe beat pilates, any day.
    Or the six months I worked in a factory, although I would suspect that thirty years of stacking forty-pound bags at the rate of twenty-some a minute would lead to a whole new set of health problems. But for half a year, as a young man, it mostly served to bulk me up a little.

6. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    [​IMG]

Caption for picture?

A) The Two Fat Ladies
    B) Flying Female Sumo Wrestling Duo
    C) The Olson Twins after eating the Monster Thickburger

7. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I've been to In 'N Out lots of times, and I've never seen anyone get a 6x6 (or even 3x3). It certainly is not something on the regular menu. Even a Double-Double is less than half the calories of the Hardee's burger.

8. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Well, I work out five to six days a week, with everything from weights to running to swimming laps. But you're right--junkies, after all, are skinny.

No argument there--that sounds back-breaking.

9. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want one deep-fried in lard - none of this pansy Canola oil crap.

Oh, and extra mayonnaise....and a side of pork rinds.

And a diet coke.

10. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    I'd wager you're also smart enough to know that the "big American" is a very BIG problem for America in general. And you probably also know that just because some "eurotwerp" ( :rolleyes: ) said it doesn't mean that it's untrue. But being a tough guy is more fun that being a level headed guy, I suppose.

11. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YES, that's true, if you were to compare the Double-Double with that obscene bacon & cheese-laden burger. But if you were to compare it to a more similar burger on the menu, there's not a lot of difference.

Caloric content for an In-N-Out Double-Double combo with a Diet Coke:

Double-Double (meat & cheese, in bun with spread): Calories 670, Fat 41g
    French Fries: Calories 400, Fat 18g
    Diet Coke: Calories 0, Fat 0 (just all that aspartame)

Total calories: 1070; Fat: 59g

Caloric content for a Carls' Jr. Famous Star (with cheese) combo with a Diet Coke:

Famous Star with cheese: Calories 651, Fat 38g
    Medium French Fries: Calories 461, Fat 22g
    Diet Coke: Calories 0 and Fat 0 again

Total calories: 1112; Fat: 60g

12. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton