The €ristiano Ronaldo Thread [R] Part €9[4 million] - #1 Huslta gettin money

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by ---Z---, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hahahahaha! I'm a Hugo Viana fan boy! Such a wasted talent.

2. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    My argument is that Ronaldo is frustrated that he doesn't get the calls in Spain that he got in England....Messi rolls around holding his ankles like he got hit with a club all the time. In the match against Real he rolled around playing hurt and got up as soon as Barca gained possesion back. This man is not perfect, take off the blinders everybody.

Ronaldo does go down easier than Messi and I believe it's due to his free kick ability. I don't agree with it but I assume that he sees his run was going nowhere so he falls down on minimal contact thinking he'll have a decent chance on the dead ball.

You're also comparing Ronaldo's reactions in a game where he has everything to prove with a sh!t team against Messi's with the media calling him God and playing with the best team in the world who were dominating that game as well. See the difference?

3. Breadman

Breadman New Member

Apr 9, 2010
    1. Yes messi does sell fouls like most other players to protect himself from tactical fouling(madrid last year), or just bad tackling in general. I'm not against C.R. doing this as well because he should. I think his main problem is he goes down so easy so often that refs are starting to assume this even times when he is legitimately fouled. At Manchester he was known to ride tackles more often than not, and stay on his feet enduring some harsh tackles. This is a key factor in why he got better calls in England.

2. His free taking ability is a great weapon. But his ability on the ball is his greatest weapon. Given the extra effort he could probable get through the tackles and get a good shot on net, rather than defer to his dead ball taking.

3. Ronaldo needs to not worry so much about the media, and pay more attention to himself and his team. The pressure got to him and it showed. Real Madrid are no where near a bad team, and alot of it had to do with him taking the personal challenge to seriously trying to do it all himself. Real had a good showing, but the chemistry and patience were seriously lacking. Messi, and Barca were the complete opposite, that was the biggest deciding factor in the game.

4. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago

Very lucid post, I agree completely. I've criticized Ronaldo's habbit of giving up on plays too easily also. For exapmle, Messi's fourth goal agianst Arsenal. I imagine Ronaldo pissed off at the slight contact and block on the first attempt and not running onto the ball for the second attempt. Or having a moment of disgust and by the time he realizes the ball trickled away it'd be too late to get a shot off.

As for his falling down, I look at it as when you rely on speed in open spaces the way he does, the slightest bump slows you down and throws off your intentions. Therefore, he says f*ck it, I'll take the free-kick, of course taking for granted that the ref will award it. I do stand by my sentiment that when he does make a spectacle out of refs not calling fouls, it does lead to some bs calls being given in his favor later in matches.

5. Breadman

Breadman New Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Completely agree. The depressing aspect of this is that the anchor of his problems are almost completely mental, physically and talent wise the kid is a beast. If he could put in that extra effort when things aren't falling into place exactly how he wants them to, exercise more patience, and stop paying mind to the media so much he could ascend to a higher level of play that could potentially dwarf his past achievements in England.

6. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  8. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Something's wrong. Are they saying each shirt had a price close to €100?

9. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nah they aren't. In the article it also mentions Real Madrid attained 50 % of his image rights, that means they are getting checks from all his personal advertisers as well. If you think about it, Real is getting paid from both Addidas and Nike..lol

10. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    I wonder how many "jerseys" were sold at all the local flea markets world wide on top of that official licensed 1 millions jerseys? :D

When I was all over europe last summer, they were all over the place. I didn't even know that "adinakas" was a brand? :D

11. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Real are a bunch of money grubbers! They only signed Ronaldo because of his name. He is also the engine on that team, who else they got??

12. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Holy shit. Ronaldo just scored a BEAUTY to tie the game against Almeria. He flew past 3 players, did a dirty 1 on 1 pedalada, turned the defender completely the wrong way, and then scored with his left foot from a tough angle. Very impressive.

13. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    him going to Real Madrid might actually end up being a good move for Portugal, he will learn to play well with a bad supporting cast which will make it easier for him to be used to playing with Portugal and I think he'll have a better supporting cast with us

14. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A bad supporting cast?

Casillas - best goalie in the world
    Sergio Ramos - he's nasty
    Higuain - one of the best strikers in the world
    Xabi Alonoso - top 5 mids in the world, imo
    Van der vaart - he's nasty too

and thats just 5...you think thats a bad supporting cast i can only imagine what you think of his teammates on pt

15. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    how about a defense that can actually hold a shutout?

Higuain and Casillas sure, but Higuain is a very selfish striker and seems too clash with Ronaldo at times rather than work with him although they have had a few nice combinations earlier in the season.

Not sure why you think so highly of VDV and Alonso. VDV reminds me of our current Deco, has his good moments but usually gives the ball away or misses easy chances like the ones today and against Barca for example. I hope you don't put Alonso ahead of Gerrard, Xavi, Iniesta, Essien, Lampard, Fabregas or Sneijder. Hell I would prefer Veloso to Alonso the way this season went.

Bosingwa > Sergio Ramos but sadly we won't have him at the world cup so Madrid definetly have the better fullbacks.

I think Ronaldo will combine well with Nani and Danny(hopefully he starts), and Liedson up front should do the job.

Sorry I didn't mean to say Madrid's supporting cast is bad, they have a good team but I really do believe Ronaldo will have an easier time with Portugal, just seems like theres so much tension in Madrid.

16. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    VDV is NOT Real Madrid quality. Never.

17. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    How come no one is talking about Ronaldo's goal. He SHOOK the shit out of that last defender.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF01IwSlF4o&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Almeria 1-1 Real Madrid[/ame]

18. Mysterious

Mysterious Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Chicago
    That was the best goal I've seen him score in some time. Amazing set of skills on display there. I wish that he would realize he is capable of those types of goals more often. I'm getting really frustrated with the 80 mph blasts straight at the keeper and the ill-placed first timers. Truth be told he should've had a hat trick. The pass off to Higuain when he was in front of the keeper was the exacxt time to be the selfish self indulged prick that his critics accuse him of being.

19. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They aren't?
    "Revenues from CR9 shirts sales have reaped over €100 million in revenues"

20. dipluso

dipluso Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    CT
    Yeah, that is his bread and butter - give him 5 yards to get a running start and most defenders are going to be in trouble. I only wish that every defense would give him that kind of space though - the DMs were slow to rotate and the CB didn't want to commit to closing him down until he was already bearing down on him at pace - by which point he was dead in the water. Nevertheless, nicely done Ronnie, a stepover that was actually productive rather than embelishment and a good finish (left-footed, no less). This should him get his Mojo back after the frustration of that Barcelona game...
    The swerving, knuckle ball FKs at the goalies are by design - to freeze goalies in panic and generate rebounds - but I too wish he would alternate more between those and by the placed FKs. He's shown that he can hit those accurately and it would keep keepers guessing... But it's hard to fault him too much about this - he's one of the better FK kickers in the world right now.

21. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    he recently scored a goal where he did a stepover and went past the last man and shot it into the net...

so thats 2 goals recently like that, both very nice goals.

he apparently was seen with kim karsashian LMAO ,,, well I guess hes getting readdy for the world cup.

22. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i was waiting for this to come out. she was at the madrid-barca game if i recall correctly

23. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    it's like he sees their sex tapes and wants a piece, whos next, pamela anderson?

24. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Kim kardashian, the fame whore!

25. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ya the rumor is being reported everywhere. Even made its way onto www.thisis50.com.

What a legend this boy is. He loves the bunda!:D