Thanks

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by RonTUFC, Oct 21, 2003.

1. RonTUFC

RonTUFC New Member

Sep 25, 2003
    Telford Shropshire UK
    Hi Guys

just want to say thanks for the welcome from the people i met when i was over in Milpitas, and at the Spartan Stadium for the against Metrostars, the only thing that ruined the day was the result, i had the game taped for me as we have the MSL shown here in the UK, extended highlights, the Quakes "goal" was disallowed for a handball, the game its self was entertaining cannot really comment much more due to the amount of beer consumed before, during and after the Game!, Thanks mainly to BigblueSoccer fan, lisa, steve, bobby and kids, what turned out as someone merely asking for directions, turned into friendship as they picked me up from the Hotel, took me to the game for the tailgate, fed me and gave me beers, i saw them a number of times during my stay, but had to turn down a trip water sking on the lakes as i had to work on the Saturday, i even went up on the mountains on a motorbike to see the Bay Area at night, fantastic!.
    BeerKing on the day was actually the soberking, having suffered from a hangover, good to met you shame about the liking of Shrewsbury town fc, i am sure given time it will pass, when you see the Wolves fan, you will have to call him a yam yam, all the others i met were equally welcoming, sorry cannot remmember names, and its great to see that so many of you are knowledgable about the Worlds only global game.
    i read up about some other teams and was impressed with LA Galaxy set up, brand new purpose built soccer stadium, 27000 capacity and averaging 19000+, most Teams in the Uk would be happy with that.
    the weirdest thing on the day was the Glasgow celtic fan club from san fransico, as i am originally from Glasgow myself, following the great rivals Rangers, i spoke with 3 of them who were on Holiday in San fransico, now here is the strangest bit, one of their sisters actually lives in my old house, small world eh!.
    i due back in the states on dec 6th but in Vagas :( good luck with the playoffs, i am due back in Milpitas some time next year twice, i hoping that i will at least catch a Quakes game or 2 !.
    Keep supporting the game and the quakes, and i am in agreement with some of the earlier posts with regards to local press coverage or lack of it.

thanks again

Ron

www.telfordunited.com
    http://www.confguide.com/cgi-bin/photos.mpl/telford

2. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    It was a blast having you stop by at the match. I'm sorry we didn't have a better result for you to take back across the pond but that's the way the ball bounces. (pun intended) I would have loved to drink a few with you but all the alcohol from the night before plus a day game would have been too much to take and I would have been "Talking to the porcelain God" all day long:rolleyes: Hope you left with some good memories, come back soon.

3. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Fraud........Beerking is now Beerjester! :D

4. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's only king in terms of beer discernment not consumption. Quality rather than quantity.:)
    PS: ldb, where the hell were you?

5. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Re: Re: Thanks

When? I have an alibi.....just give me a time and date and i'll produce one! :D

6. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Thanks

When? At the last keg.
    Your alibi: Who is she?

7. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks

Last Keg Alibi: 18 U19B soccer players under my supervision that I wouldn't want anywhere near a keg. It was weird being sober at Spartan. :eek:

8. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well then, you need to not be sober this Saturday. There's gonna be a keg!!!

9. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sjqf, I think ldb is actually afraid to come and meet us and stand 'round the keg. He's shy. ;)

10. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Afraid? Absolutely! ;) Shy? I can't say i've ever been called shy before. :D

11. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should be! Especially of me! :p

12. Big Blue Soccer Fan

Big Blue Soccer Fan New Member

Sep 25, 2003
    Milpitas, CA

Ron:

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I have been working both jobs plus overtime--never seems to be enough time to play. We had a fantastic time while you were here. Sorry you had to leave but look forward to your next visit. We were even thinking that maybe we'd go to Vegas? We'll let Bobby drive. Hope the family is well. About those photos? I'll send them hopefully this weekend. Oh---and you're welcome!!!

Lisa