Thanks Supporters!

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by greatscott, Nov 9, 2003.

1. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LaNorte, I just want to thank everyone for the great times I had this season despite the product on the field.
    We laughed and cried with joy, and we wept in sadness, but these past 7 months was the best soccer season of my life. Man, being a DC fan is an experience in itself. Being a Norteno is even better. You guys are awesome and I am glad i hooked up with you all. its been an experience i'll always remember. La Norte had a break through year and I am glad to see that we will keep growing. I didnt get to go to as many games as i would have liked but they were fun none the less.

I cant wait for what we have in store for next season and I cant wait to kick it off.

Scott Henley
    Soy Norteno.
    [​IMG]
    image from YCJ/ Mike Lastort
    [​IMG]
    picture by Jonathan Tannenwald

2. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

thanks bruce, ian, pepe, jonathan, carlos, luis, josh, sachin, everyone! and the people i met this year for the first time too.

[​IMG]

3. Darth_Norteno

Darth_Norteno New Member

Glad to have you, mang. I want to thank all the true believers, our Barra brethren and our friends in the Nest, the Esquineros, anyone who hangs a banner or a flag in support of DCU, and all those who keep United close to heart for making this a kick-ass season (at least in the stands). We are the best fans in the league, and it shows when others give us praise. It'll get through to the players in time, but we gotta keep it going. I'm looking forward to cheering United to victory next season, and establishing La Norte as every MLS keeper's nightmare.

Josh Vaughan (Darth Norteño)
    United 'til I die
    Norteño por vida

4. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    (CHANNELING ARNOLD SCHWARTZENEGGER)

We'll be bahk.

5. jackrock

jackrock Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Talcott. WV
    Club:
    DC United
    Yeah, started this season out as a RFK newbie, but the supporters showed what being a fan was about.
    Next year the goal will be to actually indroduce my self to you guys, and show up early enough to tailgate.

ps, nice sig

6. GUTuna

GUTuna Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Washington, DC USA
    Thanks to all the supporters for creating such a wonderful atmosphere at games. Because of your enthusiasm, this season I converted my girlfriend into a DCU fan who makes every home game. This is a positive thing for the future of our relationship =0)

Thanks a million!

7. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And guys can we get the big confetti. That little $hit gets everywhere and it takes weeks to get it out of everything. I am still finding it in coat pockets, etc. :D Can't wait until April!!!!!!!

8. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I snuck over to the La Norte section with a scalped ticket uninvited and had a great time. My first time was the last game of the season. Thanks for welcoming me to all of you. Wish we'd seen a different result.

9. Darth_Norteno

Darth_Norteno New Member

You're never uninvited...unless you come in Scum colors, which is highly unlikely. :D I would like to use the larger confetti...that small crap is like sand; it gets everywhere.

10. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and he means EVERYWHERE. sick.

11. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Though the season might not have gone the way we wanted it to, there was some real UNITY between the supporter groups this year. I just wanted to thank all the main players that put their heart and soul into this season.

Please forgive me if I leave someone out but...

Sachin
    Marcel
    Jay
    JoseLCouso
    TCompton
    MikeLastort
    Loco4United
    Carlitos
    GreatScott
    Budweiser
    Sean
    K
    Lanky
    Lowecifer
    GDopplarXT
    Revelation
    Entropy
    Etcheverito
    DaniD
    Caroline
    BarbDett
    Funkfoot
    Fatbastard
    Grillmaster
    Red&Black
    McOwen
    Begbie
    DaveBrother

and all the drumming, beer swilling, confetti throwing, firework lighting, jumping up and down masses.
    You guys made my summer and I love you all.

Can't wait to see you again next spring.....

Chico

12. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Thanks to everyone for a great season at RFK. I had a great time with La Norte and hanging with the Barra and Screaming Eagles before and after games.

bigredfutbol, I think I did meet you at the last game, and jackrock, I hope to meet you next season.

Both you are welcome to join us anytime, and I hope both of you consider season tickets in La Norte next year.

To everyone else, we couldn't have done it without you. The number of people who came over and joined us or just wish us well made me feel like it's all worth it. One woman told me that half the reason she comes to RFK is to watch the supporter clubs in action.

Mad ups to Luis Chavez especially for showing a lot of leadership and really holding La Norte together this year.

See all of you in 2004.

Sachin

13. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    The small stuff is so much better...

14. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Regarding the confetti:

It's very simple. We don't pay for this. Instead we gather it from companies that are generous enough to let us dispose of it for them. Many of them have moved to the smaller cut for security reasons. Hence, we've been forced to make the move.

I know Luis spends at least 2 hours every week gathering the confetti and he, myself and others transport it to RFK, all on our own nickel.

Basically, the upshot of what I'm saying is that we will take what we can get. If your company shreds paper to your liking and you're willing to gather 10 bags of it before every game and bring it to RFK, go for it. Or if you're willing to shred the paper yourself....

I know the small stuff gets everywhere. My car and apartment seemed to be covered in it. But it could be worse. We could be the ESC and not have any of it.

Sachin

15. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Is it April yet???

:)

16. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well done, everyone. I don't get down as much as I would like, but it's always a great feeling when I'm at home to watch the stands bounce, see the confetti fly and hear everyone singing and chanting.

17. Victory

Victory Member

Sep 20, 2000
    RFK LOT 8
    OSCAR man you forgot Oscar. Anyways, I think this was a good rebuilding year for the supporters. La Norte looked bigger, the Barra had new members and the Nest looked good. Hopefully we have more newbies who sing and jump for 90 next year.

So.............when is the first Office Bigsoccer D.C. United Board Happy Hour cause I got to drown playoff dissapointment away.

18. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks to all DC United fans!

You'll ROCK!

19. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I watched on TV from day 1, finally got to RFK for a game in 2000 (Newcastle!), went to more games in 2001 and 2002, and wound up going to all but 2 home games this year. Even made the trip down to Wilmington for the Open Cup (the sacrifices we must endure!). This year was definitely the best - Senora Funkfoot says she can't imagine watching a game from the quiet side again. The Little Feet now know some Spanish, which they can't repeat in polite company. I can only imagine how much more fun the Barra will be when we finally have a team that can challenge for the Cup once again. Maybe next year. :)

20. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    I'd just like to say one last thing...

CHICO, You are the MAN!

I had a great time in Barra this season and I can't wait for next spring! I wish I would have lived here and been a member since the beginning... but I wasn't so I'm doing my part now!

Viva La Barra Brava!

Love ya guys... and girls ;)

See ya around

21. carolinab

carolinab Member+

Aug 21, 2000
    D.C.
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bermuda
    I love you people! *wipes tear*