thanks for the sting operation, nancy boys.

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by Chairman Mau, Aug 7, 2010.

1. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am Group A...there is more than 2 of us and there is always someone from our group there at every game. I have considered moving but why should I have to change things cuz of a few assholes. We have been dealing with this crap since last season and now finally it's getting more attention. At one point I was about to give up my season tickets cuz i was there for the team not to be pushed around by some inconsiderate punks. Love their energy but it turns negative really quick. Apprarently I am not the only one (or group) who is tired of it.

I get shit for bringing my kids ( my kids understand what happens in the cauldron), i get shit cuz i am not trashed, cuz I am there before kick off and dont want to move for them and cuz i am tired of putting up with the extra vulgarity coming from them. I totally understand the "f" bomb but the other crap coming from them is over the top. The constant wanting to fight with anyone, is getting to be really old!

If the Cauldron wants this type of attitude or if the F.O. is ok with them...then great...I will not renew my season tickets and problem solved. I am usually really stubborn and would tell them to "f" off, i am staying and you can move but the YB's are not worth it!!!

Any negative press coming from any of this is all on the YB's, IMO. this isn't a European League or English club that has Hooligans that want to fight everyone, this is the MLS in the USA. That type of crap isnt needed or wanted, so I hear.

I am sick and tired of this!!!

2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I certainly hope you don't give up your season tickets, or stop coming to games. That would be tragic and you would seriously be missed. What I'm saying is that both sides of this question are guilty of being intractable. Whether or not you are in the right (which you are), you still have a choice to deal with the situation in a peaceful manner, or a disruptive and divisive manner. They can move or split up, or you can move and take it up with them and security after the game, or maybe before the next game, in an adult way. Everyone has a choice.

3. KCDEFENDER

KCDEFENDER New Member

May 9, 2007
    SW MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have tried to talk to them before, during and after the game. I have been peaceful and hell I have even removed myself from a a game when I was a litte too intoxicated ( i knew my limit, they do not!)and was about to fight one of my fellow Cauldronites(George and his wife helped calm me down!). I hate this more than they care about it!

I am a fan, i have several friends that are fans there with me but this crap isn't worth the headache anymore! The Cauldron is being divided by a small group. I am becoming a part of the small group that is now dividing it.
    I thank all the Cauldronites that made the stand last game but I am going to back down( this is not usually me). We are there for the Wizards and nothing else. If you are there for other reasons, well that sucks for you and it sucks for me!
    I know this thread and forum isnt the main communication or that even 90% of the people that are in the Cauldron even read or know about BUT there a lot of people that are in the FO or "old guard" for the Cauldron that do read this and can choose to do something or not. That is why "I" posted on here about this. I could care less about the YB's and their shit any longer. I will be at the games for the rest of season but I will not be in the Cauldron any longer.
    YB you win. OH and you (chairman mau and rest of the YB's) can also "f" off!!!
    DONE!

4. Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Birdland
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    i just think it's funny that since we're 20somethings and kinda loud and perhaps have poor social boundaries that the perception ends up that we're out there smacking heads. i don't know why "pushing" and "fighting" keep coming up. i guess i've been to too many shows and am used to being shoulder-to-shoulder and nudged about. that's part of the fun of being close to the "stage," if you will. sorry if my conditioning is abnormal. but i was raised never to start a fight, and you'll probably find i'm the most mild mannered person you've ever met. it's all just catharsis out there. come have a beer at the yardbird suite. you'll probably get crane kicked in the face for no reason, though, so beware.

5. Afrodinho13

Afrodinho13 New Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This has obviously gotten out of hand. First of I ask any person who was shoved or transgressed against to bring it to the transgressors attention. Not his assiocate not his quieter more civilized friend but to him. I also task any person assailing the yardbirds to observe behavior other than the ones they dislike. Clearing space for the kids from he Kansas rush to sit up front, or playing with them in the parking lot dosent seem like some one who is just there for fighting. Speaking form my personal perspective ( afrodinho, Jason, black kid formerly with a fro now a Mohawk, sorry just don't like the whole innanet anonymity.) as some one who plays , lives and breathes this game and this team to say that you have some sort of superiority over my fandom because you have been there for x number of years sounds misguided to me. This isn't AARP or s bread line or a promotion at a job. It's a supporters section. The only thing that counts is how loud, how happy, and how hard. And as a side note does having cool glasses or a American flag bandanna garner the right to actually assault other people? Cuz as far as I know the young lady who was grabbed by the guy in the new front row was allowed to keep his seat even tho we, who apparantly beat women and children on the way to the front row, by walking up front and standing there were asked to leave. And no anonymity please names so that we can actually talk this out not digitally but face to face would be nice.

6. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's really too bad all of this has evolved into a mess of this caliber. I have talked, over the last couple of games, with several members of Yardbirds, as well as other members within the section...especially those on the left side. And the one galvanizing item is that we are all there to support the Wizards.

The only thing I am going to toss out is one word: Empathy.

Okay, I'm actually going to toss out more that that one word.....We are all one group....preferably a melting pot rather than a tossed salad. Everyone needs to stop, take a step back, and put themselves into other's shoes/position. We will never get past this "problem" unless people in the section, all people in the section, can learn to respect each other and their "space". While it has been mentioned that the section is GA, and it's been mentioned that those individual "weened" on GA sections at concerts feel that mentality carries over to all GA sections....that's just not the case. The Cauldron is GA, but there are seats....it's not a free for all. Just because someone is standing in front of their seat, and there happens to be some room between them and their seat, does not mean that is available seat for anyone to move into. That may very well be the way it works at converts, but not in the Cauldron.

I tried to explain this concept to a couple people that had pushed into the front row behind people already there, and I was simply told "there's plenty of room"...that's beside the point, one seat, one person (unless of course that's your friend that they invited you in there).

I also talked with several Cauldronites, I assume them to be Yardbirds (and I know a couple were), and we talked through the situation. I will Post here what I said in our discussions in the section....if you want specific seats, you need to come in early to get them...period. We've had the same problem with Sudakas/La Bara in the past, and they were told the same thing.

I sincerely hope that we can get past this issue, and all come together to cheer for the Wizards.

To follow Jason's lead, I think everyone knows who I am, but for those who don’t, I am the guy typically in the front right of the section wearing the horribly dirty (formerly) white KU baseball cap. My name is Robert; I am currently President of Hillcrest Syndicate, formerly President of the Cauldron. I tailgate in the Northwest corner of the parking lot. Feel free to seek me out before/during/after the games and we can talk about any issues you like!

7. Afrodinho13

Afrodinho13 New Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I plan on seeing you at the next game to discuss this during the tailgate. Im sure there is a mutually agreeable answer hidden somewhere in this mess, and with a little beer and compromise it can be found. I dont know where this perceved threat of violence comes from but it stings me deeply. I feel we were punished on sat because none of us read this board and thusly had no idea that there was an issue with our actions. I can only speak for my self but as far as being told this face to face,i have not. I look forward to discussing this with you at the earliest convience.

8. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem is ENTIRELY the result of too much beer and not enough common courtesy.

As to the bolded, I think the words from the second quote will adequately address that.

9. j_m_t

j_m_t Member

Aug 27, 2005
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NEVER quoted myself before....

but after 4 pages of people talking in circles and still not listening/reading each other well damn, sometimes I hate it when I'm right.:rolleyes: