Thanking the Big Guy upstairs

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by Dave Brother, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    For the first time in a very loooooooooooong time, I prayed to the Man upstairs for this Cup.
    If your looking for me in the next coupple weeks, you'll find me in the many churches and such thanking Him for this thing we have acheived. Peace and Love to you and your's over the holidays.

See ya'll at the Happy Hour!

D.B.

2. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    BTW........ The AFL-CIO wanted me to say.....Buy Union!!!!!!!!

3. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Proof of this statement - of Father Dave Brother!

[​IMG]

4. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone has been saying their Hail Mary's!

Althought I confess I have a rosary on my keychain and it got quite a bit of use in the weeks leading up to MLS Cup, and man, that day... I was prayin hard.

5. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since I spent most of yesterday in the attic, I was The big guy upstairs. Please send your tithe, but I really could care less about hearing about your problems :D

6. geordienation

geordienation Moderator

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Dear Dave,

Glad to see you in a pew. If you want to think I had anything to do with it, that's fine.

Personally, I was just as surprised as you to see Esky get away with the hand ball, but he's a good kid.

Anyway, I got out of the "picking winners" thing a long time ago. It just pisses off the other folks. Do you know how many miracles I'd have to perform in KC if I had tilted the game in United's favor? Ever since Target kicked the Salvation Army guys off their property, I've got a hard enough job getting face time with folks this holiday season. If I threw the game, I'd have to make an appearance on the side of some building or something, and I've got bigger fish to fry.

But it's good to have you back in the fold. I heard from a bunch of you after Dema got kicked out in the second half. Just so you know, the deals that you offered up were non-binding (that includes SEVERAL offers of tithing, regular attendence and promises not to watch Skinamax on Fridays after Midnight), but will be looked upon favorably if you still carry them out.

Until then, just remember: I am the reason for the season.

Yours truly,
    God

7. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I am about to get sick.... To late.... you can be the old man in the attic.

8. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    Just for the record, those look like Mardi Gras beads.

Give him credit for consistency. Drinking and carousing are two things we all know Dave believes in.

For the record, though, praying to the porcelain god does not count as being religious.

9. mikedett

mikedett New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Springfield, Va. USA
    Club:
    DC United
    :p They are Mardi Gras beads..I gave them out at the tailgate and some people kept them and wore them for the final :p

10. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, Dave, I think you missed.