Thank you

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by The Wee Man, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A stunner right here!

:D

------
    To The Wee Man, aka the Boss:

Just want to say thanks for the wonderful job you've done for the team and the fans.

Whatever you choose to do, I wish you all the best of luck and success. Your tenure and accomplishments will be remembered by all of us.

And, stop by anytime at the Club Quake tailgate and have a brew with the lads. You're more than welcome to hang out, especially this time as a fan/former player!

2. KMJvet

KMJvet BigSoccer Supporter

May 26, 2001
    Quake Country
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's something about this that just doesn't seem right or fair. I don't know anything that's going on, but I just don't see how this can be good. I want Johnny back.

-KMJvet

3. NTMN8R

NTMN8R New Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Jonnie……Wow! I have been with this team since its first year through the good the bad and yes the ugly times. And in those times has their never been a bigger voice with a softer heart and a kind hand for guidance, a mind full of wisdom and knowledge. I have worked with you and seen your good acts first handed and for the city of San Jose the youth in our community and you dedication to the fans and the team. I will not speculate the reason(s) for your decision but ensure you that everything you did was and will be appreciated. The words thank you come to mind but it just does not seem to be enough.

All the best,
    -bj

4. supersport

supersport New Member

Oct 17, 2001
    San Francisco
    Good luck in the future, and thanks for the memories.

SJ ULTRAS

5. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Johnny,words fail me as your resignation comes out of the blue. A man of the people, the best GM in the league and somebody that will be truly missed in the front office. If you don't spend some time at the ClubQuake tailgates this year we're going to tar and feather you;) I can't help but wonder if you weren't forced out by some true evil but i suppose it doesn't matter why, just that you've gone.Piss on club america!

6. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    ....Thanks.

7. CARLOS1

CARLOS1 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Johnny for lending an ear to my semi-drunken banterings about the club and so on. You are pure class and will be missed by all. Good luck

8. Roblar

Roblar Member

Sep 15, 2000
    The 73072
    Others have been much more eloquent than I could be in their postings, and when that happens I generally just lurk on... But I've got to say my "THANK YOU!" and "GOOD LUCK!" too.

Best wishes and I hope that your future holds as much happiness (and more) as you brought to us Quakes fans during the past two years!

9. TerremotoFan

TerremotoFan New Member

Apr 23, 2002
    San Jose, Ca
    From the bottom of my heart, thank you Johnny for all that you have done for our Club. You are a true San Jose Earthquake forever. We will not forget.

10. Mr. Bandwagon

Mr. Bandwagon Member

Terremotos
    May 24, 2001
    the Barbary Coast
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry to see you go, Johnny. Glad that you were able to be part of the last couple of years.

11. Quake Crazy

Quake Crazy Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Ceres Califonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the memories Johnny, both on, and especially off the field. You will truly be missed. Good luck in all you do and I hope I can buy you a beer at a game this year!

12. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanx Mr. Moore. You have helped to make being a Quakes fan truly something special.

We Quake fans are all feeling a bit strange at the moment - what with yesterday's article re Club America, and now with your resignation, and we don't understand any of it - but one thing is for sure, we are going to miss you, and wish to thank you and wish you nothing but the best.

13. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    Stunning news!

Like so many others have said before, I'd like to say a heartfelt "thanks" and acknowledge the brilliance of our dear friend, Johnny Moore. Have a look at his track record and it is very apparent....he "gets it!" Johnny knows the value of a team. His team not only consisted of players that played for each other but of staff that worked seamlessly with a common goal in mind...AND much to our good fortune, his team included the fans. There's no better proof than the results garnered during Johnny's time in the front office to show that here in San Jose, he created EVERYTHING that professional sports SHOULD be. Again, thank you, Johnny!!!

All reports cite "personal reasons" for his departure. I hope that Johnny's family, health and happiness are all great and that these "reasons" have more to do with a terrific opportunity for Johnny--much like we witnessed with Frank.

What brightens my mood a bit is his statement that he plans to attend the matches and, perhaps even "have a few beers" with us in the coming year. Glad to hear it, Johnny. It's bitterly tough to lose you as our GM, but you're more to us than that. You're our friend.

Good luck and God bless you in whatever you choose to do....and as the others have said, there's always a cold one at the Club Quake tailgates and seats for you in the Old North End!

14. kevin james

kevin james New Member

Jan 8, 2003
    san francisco
    Thanks Johnny. F Club Ahole. Go back to your roots Wee Man, I hear the S.F. Scots are looking for a coach.

15. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the worst news I've heard of in moons. Johnny, we're sure as hell going to miss you. Be sure to come by and chew the fat and drink a few with us. That is if there is still a San Jose Earthquakes in existence. I'm with sjqf, just about ready to cry over this.

16. quakesfan2003

quakesfan2003 New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Brentwood, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Johnny,

Thanks for being a fans GM. I'll never forget MLS Cup weekend 2003, especially at the supporters bash after the Gala Awards, when you and your lovely stopped and approached my friend and I to thank us for coming. Then, the next day, you took a lap around the field to give a few more thanks to the many other San Jose fans. The ensuing victory and the drive down the 5 that afternoon are things you'll always remember. Thanks for making that possible. That was easily one of the best weekends I have ever had. Thank you for being a part of it and making it happen! Best of luck where ever life takes you!

John

17. Aimer. Northend Diva

Dec 7, 2000
    Hollywood
    Thanx for everything Johnny, but mostly for being a fan's GM.

yep, I think I'm going to cry.

Blondes? You mean I have to go back to being a blonde?

18. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And "always" being the operative word-- going back 30 years to the old school NASL Quakes' days, at that.

Johnny, you'll definitely be missed. Thank you greatly for your contributions to the club and best of luck in your future endeavours.

With the events (and hearsay) over the last couple of days, I am for sure at a loss for words. But we'll all support you in your reasons for making this decision in the manner in which you have.

19. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for everything, Johnny. I still picture you running down that concourse after the golden goal vs. Kansas City! Glad I got it on tape. You will be greatly missed.

20. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    *Deeply saddened*

I've been a SJ Clash/Earthquake fan since before the first game. I witnessed Wynalda's magic strike to beat DCU in the first ever MLS game. I've lived through the "years from hell" that come with being a supporter of a weak sister team that gets no love from the "powers that be".

The BEST thing that ever happened to the franchise was the connection that Johnnie forged with the fans. He has the same passion that we have. He cares about what WE think. He wants to make sure we COUNT. All of this is terribly hard to accomplish in the current environment. But he never stopped trying.

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!

You did us proud and we will never forget your contributions to the Quakes. I know no matter what you do from here on, you'll always be a Quake's fan. We'll always be a JM fan......

21. cpwilson80

cpwilson80 Member+

Mar 20, 2001
    Boston
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Johnny,

I've been a San Jose fan from Day One of MLS. Thanks for everything. I'm sure that not only Quakes fans but all associated with the club walked proud during your helm. We will never forget what you did for this team, nor will we ever forget the magical playoff run that was unfortunately among your last months as GM. Best of luck in all your future plans...especially because they'll include cheering for San Jose. Go EARTHQUAKES!

Charles

22. battchy

battchy Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Mtn View, CA
    shared experiences. how many fans of any major sport can say they've shared personal experiences with the general manager of their team. i go by battchy around here, but my first name's steve, and like many others on these boards, i know that if we saw each other on the street on any random sunday, you'd not only recognize me, but you'd take the time to come over and say hi, how are things. how do i know this? because you've done that already, multiple times, at multiple mls cup weekends (both the ones you were in attendance for). this year in la, i was one of the guys that was still in the parking lot celebrating, 2 or 3 hours after the game, ironically parked about 3 spots away from your car. for the 3rd time that weekend, you initiated contact with us (the first 2 being in the mls hotel, where you said hi before i even saw you). you introduced your wife to us and joked around for a while. last year in providence, you stopped and shook our hands in the hotel bar before we sat down and watched the dc-united/totenham match on tape that someone brought in. top-notch and without peer don't even begin to describe you. when you do get to your next quakes game, i'm in section 111, row 3, seat 18. we will always find someone to 'shove over' for you, and you'll never have to buy a beer in my presence. the tap's always open for johnny moore. i don't even know how they can begin to work damage control on this, but know that you are absolutely irreplaceable, and i'll tell my kids about the times that the Boss of a professional sports franchise knew/recognized ME, and took the time to make sure i knew it.

cheers mate! you are an integral part of the miracle of 2003. we're worse off without you.

steve battcher

23. Brad May

Brad May New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Thank you, Johnny!

You have been the best GM in this league the last two years, and you have my undying gratitude for all you've done for the club. Having you standing with us, the fans, at the end of the Championship game was one of my highlights of a very special day.

I worried because any future for the San Jose Earthquakes that doesn't have a place for Johnny Moore can't be a very good future!

24. The Wee Man

The Wee Man New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    San Jose
    I sincerely appreciate the kinds words that have been written here. Some of you have expressed concern based on my use of the term “personal reasons”. I can assure you that my health and my family’s health are absolutely fine. In fact my wife is feeling so well that she gave me a map to the Employment offices on Bascom Ave when I got home last nightJ

Thank you for your concern but we are all OK.

25. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Happy to hear it, Johnny, though I'm sorry to think about what that portends for the future of the Quakes.

Hope I get a chance to meet you out at Spartan someday. :)