Thank you

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by The Wee Man, Jan 12, 2004.

1. The Wee Man

The Wee Man New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    San Jose
    I have just resigned my position at the club and we are about to release this decision to the press. Before the press gets the story I wanted to announce it to the people who matter most, the Earthquake fans.

I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for your support of our Club during my two years at the Earthquakes, as they have been the best two years of my life. I am really proud of the way we all pulled together, Fans, Coaches, Players and front office to make this past year a special year and one that we will never forget.

The decision to resign is my decision alone. I don’t want to say anything that can in any way be damaging to the San Jose Earthquakes other that it is the best decision for me at this time. I love the Club and I will be buying tickets to see Dom and the boys and hope to share a few beers with the greatest fans in the league.

Johnny

Thank you.

2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Thank you Johnny. You will certainly be missed. :(

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp GO EARTHQUAKES!!! :(

-G

3. SJfuture

SJfuture New Member

May 25, 2001
    Livermore, CA
    I actually feel like I'm going to cry. I can't believe this is happening. Johnny thank you for being a "fan's GM" and taking the time to post on BS. You will be GREATLY missed.

4. TORPEDO

TORPEDO Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Za nakryityim stolom
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Johnny , you've gotta stay !

What can we do to make you ?
    Money , blondes , Riqueleme , doctors at Stanford , boycott of all of AEG undertakings ?
    Tell us and we'll do our best.
    In all seriousness , please change your mind , we know it was yours, Frankie's and Dominic's team that gave us the best freakin' year ever !

5. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Johnny, please come by the Club Quake tailgate any time, you're always welcome there!

6. rcoull

rcoull Member+

May 18, 2001
    The Woodlands, TX
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks for the memories Johnny!!!!

-Richard

7. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for everything Johnny.

8. blacktide

blacktide Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Johnny, you are always welcome to stand with us in the Casbah, rooting for the SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!

Thank you.

9. tonyh01

tonyh01 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now is the time we begin to understand how truly spoiled we were. There are not many GM's in pro sports that are loved and applauded by the fans. We were lucky enough to experience that here. How often does a team get a GM that is from the area, knows and understands the market, and actually played in the market themself? Not often at all.

And just when everything on field and off were coming together.

One of the saddest days in club history.

Johnny....ya know, I've started a movement. tonyhuston@comcast.net

I might be able to pull some strings and get you on the email list.

10. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Johnny, you're a class act. Thanks for everything you did for the Quakes.

And keep showing up here from time to time.

11. The Wee Man

The Wee Man New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    San Jose
  12. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got the peroxide. I swear I'll use it if you swear you'll take back your resignation!

I'm not kidding. At all!

13. TORPEDO

TORPEDO Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Za nakryityim stolom
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    No problem , just name the measurements and preffered accents.
    Aren't you supposed to be at the combines ?

14. angra

angra New Member

Oct 10, 2001
    myfootongarbers'ass
    My family and I thank you for all your work. It will never be the same without you.

15. S.J. Owl

S.J. Owl New Member

Nov 10, 2003
    San Jose
    This is really sad. I wish you all the best Johnnie but I fear for the future of this club.

16. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Johnny, thank you for all you have done for this team. You have no idea how much of a joy it has been to watch you with the team helping bring us from worst to first.

Thank you sincerely for everything. Hope to see you in the stands come the 2004 season. We'll miss you!!

17. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    ((((((Johnny))))))

As for the blonde thing, doesn't really work with my Mediterranean coloring, but just tell me what shade you prefer. If Clairol makes it, I'll try it.

18. TORPEDO

TORPEDO Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Za nakryityim stolom
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Somebody call Aimer , fast !

19. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions
    Wee Man, no matter where fate takes you next, everyone will remember that you brought us the most exciting championship in memory, outdrew the Fire fans in the semis, and ensured the continuity of the team by bringing in Dom.

Not a bad boost to the resume for two years!

Good luck in the future (not that you'll need it).

20. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be added to the Casbah repertoire:

One Johnny Moore!
    There's only one Johnny Moore!
    One Johnny Mooooore!
    There's only one Johnny Moore!

21. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Johnny, you're a class act who did some great things for this franchise. Won't be the same.

We all know you're a smart man ... and I can't help but feeling he was smart enough to get out while the getting was good. :(

You'll always be a Quake, Johnny!!! :)

22. jussen1

jussen1 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    SJ
    I know I've said thanks many times ,I wish the best for you and your family. In due time we will get all the reasons and we are sure your doing this in the best interests fo the SJ Earthquakes.

23. Defender

Defender Member

Joe's Plumbing 86ers
    Feb 16, 2001
    San Francisco CA
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great thanks Wee Man. We loved having you at the helm of the club. Best wishes to where you go next.

24. gilmoreaz

gilmoreaz Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Peoria, Arizona
    Although we have been removed from the northern California area and its soccer community for a few years now, we still keep in touch with it and the Quakes as often as we can from here in Arizona...

There are so many people who have devoted time, energy, and passion for the sport of soccer in the bay area over the years and without slighting any of their efforts, not many could walk in the shoes of a one Johnny Moore.

Together, we met Johnny for the first time at soccer camp in 1974. We were seven years old. It is safe to say that he left everyone who reads this with the same impression as he did with us that day, "What a true gentleman!"

An ambassador for a sport unknown to many in San Jose back then, Johnny and the rest of his Quakes teammates hit the streets and spread the gospel of soccer. Together, they filled Spartan Stadium to capacity and embraced our community as we embraced them!

Then, to come back to the club two years ago and keep the team going as he did was so very much appreciated by so many!

Johnny, thanks for all of your efforts with the Earthquakes. Thanks for introducing us to the greatest sport on the planet. Thanks for attending our youth practices and teaching us how to play the game as youngsters. Thanks for being such a good ambassador of the game and most importantly, thanks for being our friend!

We wish you nothing but the best of luck in your next business venture, whatever that may be. We are sure you will be very successful as your track record indicates that you will be!

Ron & Rob Gilmore
    Scottsdale, AZ

25. equakesfan

equakesfan Member

Sep 13, 2002
    San Jose
    Thank you Johnny. We're going to miss you.