Thank you, RBNY

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Toad_of_Toad_Hall, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for showing yourselves, and all of us, what you are made of and what you could achieve against long odds.
    Thank you for lifting the hearts and the spirits of your supporters; you may not have the Cup, but you have our lasting admiration.
    Thank you for giving us hope for the future, over the off season, of a kind we've never had before.
    Thank you one and all.

2. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a great day, even with the outcome

3. kahlva

kahlva New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    To the Boys (& Osorio and staff):

You made us all proud!!!

You're champions to all of us, and we can't wait for next season.

4. RedBullFan17

RedBullFan17 Member

May 6, 2008
    NY
    Agreed, they played great down the stretch. March is sooooo
    far away:(

tooo the knicks.

5. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a one of the founders of the LA Riot Squad, I can say that NY/NJ fans were truly some of the classiest fans I've ever met. Your contingent here in LA was such an example of flat out coolness. You lost the Cup, but you gained the coolness award. Period.

Hats off to the travelers.

And more hats off to the Red Bull dudes who did BIKE JOUSTING.

Details later.

Tommy Mack
    LA Riot Squad

6. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Thank you to the boys that played their hearts out this Sunday.

7. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This team always plays their hearts out. Says a lot about our coach and how they respond to him. Now lets get us some players for next year that bring us the cup!

8. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

In 2007 it was Angel's injury that kept us a man short while the Revs scored. In 2006 it was Schopp and a completely wide open net. In 2005 it was a snowstorm.

Not this year. Every break went our way and this team met every challenge at full power. No regrets after this game.

9. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your guys came out and played hard for ninety and looked scary doing it. I din't breathe for ninety minutes.

I know you aren't happy right now but NYRB was a hot team and gives something to look forward too in 2009. Congrats on your accomplishments this year.

10. silverlion

silverlion Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats to the team and especially the players that stepped up and Osorio for making the right moves. We'll have something to look forward to next season when the new signings get a full preseason to get used to MLS.

BTW, Great job from the traveling supporters.

Congrats Crew.

11. Quartz62

Quartz62 New Member

May 21, 2007

amen to that!!!

Even though my apartment burned to the ground last Monday night, at least yesterday was a somewhat happier day to see RB in the cup.

I wish we had won it but just to be there after 13 years and only after tking over 2.5 years ago makes me proud of RBNY.

12. kahlva

kahlva New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    I was just looking back at the season and thought of all the adversity the team had to overcome...

* Losing our offense for the 1st half of the season
    - Dane Richards injured in pre-season
    - Jozy sold
    - Angel injured
    * Reyna injured, then retired by mid-season. Leaving us with a 2nd DP slot we can't use...but we still take the hit on the salary cap
    * VDB hernia operation
    * Mendes hernia operation
    * Parke & Conway suspended. (and played badly in the month leading up to it, when they knew but weren't talking)
    * Stammler injured on the eve of the playoffs.

And despite all this we get into the playoffs and play our most inspired soccer at the end of the year.

Kudos, guys.

13. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm always proud to be a Red Bulls fan, and I am extremely proud today! Wait 'til next year!

14. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for never quitting. This is the first year I've seen absolute proof that the boys on the team want to be here. It would have been easy to give up, pack it in and call it quits with all the crap the team dealt with this year.

You played with heart, Red Bulls. Thank you for that.

15. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga
    Strange as it may seem, I AM happy right now. No, we didn't win. But MY TEAM gave me everything I could ask for. Our time is coming. I now believe it.

16. eintracht.19

eintracht.19 New Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Toms River, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great fight against all odds. Next year we come out strong with Angel and Kandji up top, Stammler healthy, Rojas, Cichero and Jimenez will be clicking, both keepers fighting hard for a spot, who knows who else will be joining. So psyched for march

17. 4Winds

4Winds New Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Chattanooga
    P.S.

Angel, you better not go anywhere.

Osorio, this team has heart, and I count on you to capitalize on that (are you the one who told them they COULD DO IT?).

18. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    I'm happy about the amount of heart the team showed through the post season.

I gotta say tho, John Wolyniec truly stepped his game up.

The past two years I was just waiting for him to get cut and it never happened.

Osorio really brought the best out of him.

Let's see what the offseason brings in terms of new acqusitions.

Hopefully we can keep the core of the team together.

19. stang217

stang217 Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i was at the game yesterday, just landed back here in NY... yesterday seeing our guys out there and giving it their all really made me proud...thank you RBNY for representing the tri-state area with class and thanks for a tremendous season.

btw.. The RBNY supporters were outstanding, to me, the columbus supporters weren't anywhere near half as loud and passionate then the NY/NJ crew

20. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for such a great complement. On the whole I thought all the supporters in LA acted with class and respect. Some C-bus fans talked a little trash, but most behaved in a manor that Yankee and Red Sox fans need to learn.

It was a great weekend. I met many people there that I have been posting with for years, but never met. I am about to take the red eye home, so I may have a different opinion tomorrow, but as of right now this was something I am glad I was a part of.

Lastly, I want to say thanks to Cory and all the other ESC members for all their efforts coordinating the tickets and the tailgating before the game.

Can't wait for next year and even more the opening of the new stadium, when many of the other MLS supporters say they want to come visit and hopefully go home as losers.

21. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's always nice to meet a supporters group every bit as capable of infantile stupidity as we are. :D

Thanks for your hospitality - you helped make a loss go down a little easier. Hope you guys can make one out here at RBA some time.

And thanks to the team for busting their ass out there. And to the ESC et al for singing all the way to the end of the ceremony. Made me proud even though we lost

22. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    ABC showed a LOT more of the Crew fans than of our gang -- but what they showed was choice! Our gang was, indeed, cool, but also full of energy.

The scene in the Arena next year will be something to behold!