Thank You America

Discussion in 'Elections' started by chocolate, Nov 3, 2004.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Difference is, implied threat and since most Americans are up in the clouds with their coloured terrorist threat level hysteria of course what I wrote makes sense.

Could be Europeans are more informed of the World and therefore not so easily manipulated.

2. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    I'd like to know which candidate in the upcoming Kuwaiti elections to support. Which one do you think will help America's interests the most?

3. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    The one that will start a military and quit depending on us for everything.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    But Kuwaiities LOVE AMERICA!!

5. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Have you ever heard of the then spanish gouvernment telling the people that ETA did the bombing?

6. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, there's a bunch of unsecured creditors (300 million or so) that would get stiffed on the payouts.

Oh God, I love bankruptcy law...

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Who says foreign people are not grateful to America? Not all foreigners hate america. Many of us think that America in spite of its mistakes is a positive force in the world. I always did, and I am glad that life's circumstances brought me here.

Thanks for the thread, chocolate.

8. Kansassoccer

Kansassoccer Red Card

Aug 6, 2004
    Laguana Beach
    aww... you should thank us because without us you'd be speaken German right now, Sprechen sie Deutsch Frankfurt Blue?

9. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Yawn. How original.

Ich kann ein bissi deutsch sprechen. aber du kannst mich am arsch lecken. ;)

10. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    LOL ;-)
    actually bissl would be better ;-)
    Well, there was an article in the Stern magazine teling how the world would vote... out of 35 4 cheered for bush: Poland, Nigeria, Kuwait and some other country... sounds like a majority of the world's population to me, I guess you cann fell how ppl in Madrid and so on are feeling...

11. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    But this begs the question: Do we care what the people in Madrid are thinking? And do the people of Madrid care about what the US thinks of them? No, and no.

The second I start contemplating the feelings of faceless foreign countries prior to casting my ballot is the day I probably should be put in a retirement home for I am obviously coming down with Alzheimers.

12. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Maybe so. But then again it is all down to information and perspectives. Such insular attitudes and finger pointing, on both sides, are not constructive. However, should another region, orcountry have another opinion or opposing view, perhaps it is worth understanding why that is?

But if citizens of the USofA are going to act as if their nations voice in the world is the only one that counts, then a backlash is to be expected and deservedly so.

13. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well, for that actually you voting for Bush and him invading Iraq is responsible for what happened in Iraq, I think it might affect you, as it is partly (to a big part) your fault. The ppl having died in tha trains could nothing for their government listening to Bush in opposite to what their population wanted...
    I think the ppl in Madrid do care, as for example I think it is important for ppl in Tel Aviv, Prague or Orleans to hear what the germans think about them...

14. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Halt die Klappe! ;)

15. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    You are so, so very welcome!

And thank you for establishing that beach head for democracy in the middle east that is so essential for US interests as well as Arab men and especially women longing to be free.

Professor Mubarak no longer believes. Despite the prospect of another US-led war against Iraq, one that President George Bush says will foster democracy throughout the Middle East, Kuwaitis such as Professor Mubarak are sceptical.

"Nobody believes the war will bring democracy to the Arab world," she said. "Look at Kuwait. I don't buy it."

Although this country is smaller, richer and far less complex than neighbouring Iraq, "the new Kuwait" promised by the Emir, Sheik Jabir Ahmed Sabah, on his return 12 years ago has turned out to be a lot like the old Kuwait. The country remains a tightly controlled hereditary emirate with a 75-year-old ruler whose family wields unquestioned power. Women cannot vote or go to college with men. Political parties are not allowed.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/02/27/1046064163865.html?oneclick=true

A real cakewalk.

16. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Well, you've outed me.

I, Coach McGuirk, am personally responsible for the Iraq War. Please direct any and all deranged and crazed suicide bombers, terrorists with a beef, and terrorists just starting out with no real ideology as of yet, directly to my house in Dallas, Texas.

I'll be the lone gunman on my roof happily plugging away with a .30/.30 lever action Winchester and a gas mask.

PS - Have a nice day.

17. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Much obliged , Chocolate.

18. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a hoot.

19. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    That's the understatement of the year.

20. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GARCIA!

Please merge this thread with the "Arrogant Europeans think you are stupid!" thread into one all-purpose, "Uppity foreigners give their diverse opinions on the election, believing we actually give a damn" thread.

Thank you.

21. marylandred

marylandred New Member

Aug 19, 2004
    Why are you thanking us? You're probably next.

22. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Hee. "Kuwaiti elections."

Glad to see at least one Kuwaiti poster managed to survive being ripped out of the incubator and thrown onto the hospital floor.

23. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

Chocolate the only arab people's opinions that mattered were the iraqies and they are not happy
    http://www.aliraqi.org/forums/index.php

Well kuwait is part of iraq too i guess...

[​IMG]

You tell me?

What I can't hear you bitches.

This is not trolling.

Signed

The king of trolls.

24. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Who needs elections when you can just hire a high priced public relations agencies to manuf..., er, massage the truth?

I worry about that poor girl Nayirah - I wonder what she is up to these days.

25. chocolate

chocolate New Member

Oct 25, 2003
    milwaukee, WI