TFC Top Goals (2011)

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by torontofootballclub, Oct 31, 2011.

1. torontofootballclub

Oct 7, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Another mediocre season :cool:, lets wrap it up with the team's TOP Goals. :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhyRhKCBuBQ"]Toronto FC 2011 TOP GOALS - YouTube[/ame]

2. cloak

cloak Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    lol what is the point of calling these "top goals" when you're showing almost all the goals that were scored??? is this a joke? the weird thing is i know it's not.

3. torontofootballclub

Oct 7, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    lol, true, the true top goals is prolly at the end

4. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'd say that Martina's goal in the home opener was the best; Yourassowsky's goal in the NCC final was the most meaningful (which made it awesome)

5. Blizzard

Blizzard Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm a big fan of the Maicon Santos rocket in Vancouver. It was just so something out of nothing. The "oooh" of the home fans said it all. Seeing it again now, I'd kind of forgotten just how good it was.

6. cloak

cloak Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    fair enough, good job putting this all together though

7. SlantNGo

SlantNGo Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Conclusion: Danny Koevermans scores large bunches of ugly goals in the box. :)

8. T-boy

T-boy New Member

Apr 28, 2007
    T-dot
    Second conclussion is that everybody's favourite goal is a direct long ball goal. And we all HATE direct long ball soccer, don't we?! :p

9. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    This - and I'm glad he's doing it. I'm sure we all agree that we love pretty goals, but ultimately we only need goals. If they're scored by direct long balls, ugly scrambles in the box, or repeated own goals by the opposition - I'll take them.

10. torontofootballclub

Oct 7, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    thks

11. Polygong

Polygong Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    They don't ask how, just how many.

12. Blizzard

Blizzard Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yup. Very few of Phil Esposito's goals were what you would call classically pretty but they were skillfull and they counted. A nose for the net. That's what he had and that's what the Koevs has.

13. SlantNGo

SlantNGo Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Absolutely! It wasn't meant as a diss on Koevermans at all. It's nice to have a guy who can score consistently. He's great in the box, and it seems like he times his movement well to allow him to meet crosses while his marker is temporarily looking somewhere else. Great return for a DP!

14. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    de Koef is what this team has needed since it's inception. Dichio brought it to a degree (when healthy), and I think we can all agree that Barrett struggled in this area. Of the rest, only Maicon Santos was able bring this type nose for the net, but his intangibles in other areas weren't as good as Koevermans.

I look forward to a full season of him putting goals in from close range :)

15. ArteEtLabore

ArteEtLabore Member

Dec 16, 2006
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Much like a former TFC striker named Danny, Koevermans' talent is being able to get into the right position at the right time and being able to finish. They may not be pretty goals but they are effective. I'll take that. As Dwayne Rollins points out, his 9 goals in 11 appearances would have put him on pace to score 28 goals over a 34-game season, which would have set the MLS season record. I'll take that over pretty goals any day.

16. Indiscretion

Indiscretion Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The crowd went absolutely nuts when Yourassowsky scored

17. LyotoM

LyotoM Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    ever since we figured out who we are in the 2nd half vs portland weve been respectable