TFC needs Shaka...

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Cyclones Rock, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Cyclones Rock

Cyclones Rock New Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Shaka to TFC to open a SI spot AND free up cap space for Denilson??

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Soccer/TorontoFC/2007/07/26/4369796-sun.html

"The immediate concern for Johnston is to find a starter for the playoff-contending team.
    TFC signed Canadian Srdjan Djekanovic from the Vancouver Whitecaps earlier this season to back up Sutton, but the 23-year-old had never started a regular-season game prior to subbing this past month. "Djekanovic has done a good job for us," Johnston said. "But he doesn't have the experience we will need going down the road.""

;)

2. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Dude, I came up with this genius idea months ago. I don't think TFC wants to spend cash on a keeper, though. Plus, Shaka has his green card, so he's not an SI.

3. Cyclones Rock

Cyclones Rock New Member

Jan 26, 2007

Dude, a month ago it was not known that Sutton would be out for the season with a concussion. Now TFC, Mo Johnston, wants an upgrade in their keeper position. A month ago TFC did not think they would need to make this upgrade.
    My bad on Shaka's SI status. Still would clear a lot of cap space and Shaka would be a good upgrade for TFC.

4. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    True, but he was going away to the Gold Cup for 3 weeks and their backup had ZERO experience. If they were going to pull the trigger on a keeper trade, it woudl have been then.

I think the league now knows that Shaka is old and broke and that he's not an upgrade to anything other than an even older keeper.

5. soccercptn

soccercptn New Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Plano
    Nope. he isn't even an upgrade of Onstead.

6. Cyclones Rock

Cyclones Rock New Member

Jan 26, 2007
    The article clearly states they would like to upgrade NOW. Twice recently TFC started a keeper from the MLS pool that last year was a backup in the USL that got zero minutes in league play. Shaka would be an upgrade for TFC right now, question is while they pay the price. Probably not, but it sure would be nice.

7. stopper4

stopper4 Member

Jan 24, 2000
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shaka and Serioux for Edu and Wyne? That would be fun.

8. ttujosh

ttujosh Member

Mar 9, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    I think the difference is that the gold cup was a brief spell, this is the remainder of the season + playoffs. Maybe a package of shaka & saragosa for picks or something, with dallas paying a portion of his salary?

9. mspan02

mspan02 Member

May 17, 2007
    Dallas
    I am in favor of Shaka being traded but this made me think of another deal?
    Say Sala and Burse get dinged up (pls don't let this happen) but anyways whom on the team is the "emergency keeper?
    Goodson I assume but don't really know
    I know it would depend on whoever is on the field at that moment but best case (out of a worst case here)?