TFC at San Jose, February 29, 2020 (R)

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by Kingston, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    A new game and a new season!

TFC come in to 2020 with a roster that has been upgraded but looks quite familiar to those of us who watched the team last year. I'm hoping the balance of improvements and consistency will bring another entertaining and successful season.

Missing out on the CCL this year may be a blessing in disguise but we're still starting the year with our DP Piatti and our no-longer-a-DP Bradley sitting on the injury bench. Neither is going to be back for a while. I'd love to see Fraser be given a shot in Bradley's place at the back of the midfield but I'm less certain who could best be tapped to fill in for Piatti.

San Jose were a non-playoff team last year and didn't make any tremendous roster moves over the off season. I see this as a reasonable opportunity for a season-opening road win.

2. whitbytfcfan

whitbytfcfan Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    While surrendering a lead so late in the game is always disappointing, San Jose will be a good team this year and a point on the road is a good start. I'll take it.

3. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    A classic case of, if someone told me before the game it would be a 2-2 draw I'd be good with it but, because of how it happened, it is disappointing.

4. adammac19

adammac19 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Thought the keeper could of done better on the second goal but I felt disappointed not to come away with all three point, especially how well we played the first half

5. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    Yes, Westberg should have had that one. Clearly it was the traffic in front that distracted him but still.

6. adammac19

adammac19 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 31, 2006
    Sydney Mines
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I don't think Westberg was expecting Alanis to try for goal on that free kick which caught him by surprise.