Texas Tech Player Killed in Auto Accident

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by wu-tang beez, Mar 27, 2003.

1. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    link
    Yet again, another tragedy involving a young player and an SUV. 62% of all SUV fatalities occur during rollovers Not to preach, but SUVs are some of the least safe cars on the road.

In this incident, she was not at fault as a drunk-driver cowardly took her from us. Bless her family in this time of need.

2. Another note about this horrible event is that she was wearing her seatbelt, and it became damaged or discoonected somehow, suggesting a horrific level of impact from the rear. Apparently the killer was apprehended and faces up to 20 years and a hefty fine for homicide while under the influence. Let's all hope for the most extreme penalty, legally.

Texas tech's upcoming game with the NZWNT was cancelled due to this matter.

3. Upper90. Inc.

Upper90. Inc. New Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Dallas
    AllisonHorn

The funeral was about an hour ago. Tragic loss of life. Police are awaitng toxicology report from breathalyzer ( which means they strongly suspect but do not have the lab proof of intoxication by the person who hit her vehicle). Manslaughter with aggravated circumstances charges pending. The driver apparently drove through a cement culvert when she realized she had missed a turn on the freeway ( rather than go perhaps a mile out of her way and turn around) and was traveling at an excessive rate of speed according to witnesses.

Seat belt may have malfunctioned. She was thrown form the vehicle and then it rolled over her. She never regained conscienceness.

It is times like this that I cant help but wonder why God took the promising, full of life 19 year old and left with a 38 year old ( drunken) loser...

4. wu-tang beez

wu-tang beez New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Irving, TX
    It doesn't seem fair, does it? I had to attend a good friend's funeral on New Years Eve for almost the exact same reason; that is drunken loser killing an innocent young woman. However, I don't think it's w/i our right to question His doings.

5. Upper90. Inc.

Upper90. Inc. New Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Dallas
    update

the Breathalyzer test came back 1.5. legally drunk in Texas is .08.

Please consider this before driving under the influence. Such a tragic outcome...