Tevez stuck in South America

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by PAUL SILVA, Dec 23, 2004.

1. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Boca Juniors get $18million, the best offer for Tevez from a Brazilian team(Corinthians)
    Tevez has attitude problems and likes to party, could be hurting his career.
    I would have expected more for him and surprised nobody matched that offer in Europe.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=319936&cc=5901

2. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I guess nobody cares about Tevez..............

3. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Sometimes, no matter how good the player, if his head is not all there, clubs are leery of spending big money on someone who may go to waste. I had expected him to go to Spain or Germany, so I was shocked tht he ended up leaving Boca for Corinthians, but who knows, if he develops well, the $18 million that Corinthians spent on him could be doubled by a European giant - say, Bayern, or Real, or Barca...

4. Jayhawk

Jayhawk New Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Always be wary of the incredible young talent with a suspect work ethic. In any sport.

5. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yup. Sporting had a 'can't miss' prospect named Dani Carvalho. Sporting couldn't stand him and nocturnal ways, neither could West Ham, nor Ajax, nor Atletico Madrid, nor Benfica. This kid really had tons of talent and he wasted it all away because he couldn't gt his head wrapped around football. A real shame...

6. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I'm not giving up on Tevez just yet. His problem is he idolizes Maradona both on and off the field. He needs to clean up his act before any Euro team will come shopping.

7. Hurley

Hurley New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Porto
    What is this doing in the Portuguese forum?

8. PAUL SILVA

PAUL SILVA New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    about 5 months ago, around the olympics, guys from other forums were coming here praising Tevez to be a God and the next Maradona. That was on the old "Ronaldo is the best young player in the world" thread. Many of them had negative things to say about Ronaldo and how Tevez was the superior of the two. So......my thread was started because, Ronaldo has had success in Europe and Tevez is STILL in South America.....

9. Hurley

Hurley New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Porto
    Oh now I understand. :D

Well, he is still in South America because he wants, its a weird decision though. But I agree that Ronaldo is better and I have many doubts if Tevez is as good as people say. Ronaldo is a key player for the Portuguese NT and one of the biggest clubs in the world and many of the "new Maradonas" that came to Europe in recent years turned out to be huge flops so I can see the same happening with Tevez when/if he comes to Europe.