Teves is finally leaving for Europe!!!?

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by aaron90025, Oct 28, 2004.

1. guinness

guinness New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    Re: Teves is finally leaving for Europe!!!

excuse me, what country in western europe is poorer than Brazil?

even the Czech republic, probably the poorest european country of any football significance, has a GDP per capita twice as high as that of Brazil's.

2. guinness

guinness New Member

Jun 18, 2004

i agree with the general sentiment that it is sad that the best players from south america--or anywhere in the world for that matter--have to leave their homelands to find the best competition in the world in europe (arguably).

the fact is, however, as vipnerd pointed out, professional football is mostly a byproduct of economics, as opposed to national football, which is mostly a byproduct of tradition (and possibly also what they put in their breakfast cereal in that country). so if south america wants to improve their football clubs, they must first improve their economies.

the situation in the US is a little different. we already have a good economy, but our football tradition is somewhat lacking. so if good players in the US stop emmigrating to europe, our league might improve. i believe, however, this would only mildly improve our football "tradition". even if we have great players (and we DO have some great players in MLS) people still wouldn't come to games in big numbers. in fact--i hate to be pessimistic--but i doubt football (soccer) will ever be huge in the US. we have too many other sports. you can't feasibly be an avid baseball, basketball, football (american), hockey, golf, tennis, AND soccer fan. there just isn't enough time in the day.

anyways, this thread is about tevez. i am happy for him personally that he will go to europe, make a lot of money for his family (which had a poor upbringing), and bring fame and prestige back to his home country and club--his heart's club will always be boca, just as Maradona was always of boca.

i am sad that argentina has to say "goodbye" to another one of its football sons.

3. elcombo

elcombo New Member

Oct 5, 2004

tevez was just scared of leaving i mean hes young and was playing for a big club such as boca

4. TRICOLOR BRASIL

Feb 5, 2004
    Brazil

Actually no player needs to go to europe to get a lot of money and help the family. Teams like Boca, River, Sao Paulo, etc, are very organized teams, that pay much well for their players.

About brazil we are one of the 10 richest countries in the world. (the last time I checked, I think 3 years ago) The problem is the huge economic difference between many regions and the bad distribution of the money.
    Luckily Im part of the economic gifted part of brazil.

5. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu

Atlético de Madrid no quiere más a Tevez

Según el diario As de España, el club madrileño descartó la incorporación del delantero de Boca y frenó una operación de 30 millones de euros por los informes sobre su “problemático entorno”. El equipo destinaría esa cifra a la compra de otro crack.

(1'9")

............................................................................................................................................................

El periódico español aseguró que el Atlético tenía todo listo para hacer efectivo el pago del jugador de Boca en cinco años, a razón de seis millones de euros anuales, pero “el informe negativo sobre el ambiente que rodea al Apache ha dictado sentencia. No han gustado nada en Madrid los últimos acontecimientos que han rodeado la vida privada del jugador y que han afectado a su rendimiento hasta tal punto, que Pekerman le ha dejado fuera de la última convocatoria de Argentina”.

José Pekerman no convocó a Carlitos para el partido del miércoles ante Venezuela alegando que “no está en su mejor momento futbolístico”. Tevez, por su parte, dijo sentirse “sorprendido y muy triste”.

As agrega en su edición de hoy que “Tevez ha sido portada de las revistas del corazón en Argentina. Sus relaciones no dejaban de ser un asunto personal hasta que llegó el tema de sus vacaciones en plena temporada. Alegando cansancio, Tevez pidió un permiso a Boca para irse de vacaciones. Las fotos del jugador con su nueva novia en una playa brasileña mientras su equipo perdía las opciones al título de Liga han sido la gota que ha colmado el vaso. Esas fotos, además, le han costado al jugador 1.800 euros de indemnización por agredir al fotógrafo que las hizo”.

No es la primera vez que el Atlético de Madrid decide frenar la incorporación de un jugador argentino por problemas en su vida privada. Lo mismo sucedió con Martín Palermo unos años atrás. En su lugar, los madrileños contrataron finalmente el holandés Hasselbaink, que terminó siendo figura y goleador del equipo.

6. Felipe_Husky

Felipe_Husky New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    SÃO PAULO - BRASIL
    Re: Brazil´s Championships Troubles

Hi everyone!

In my opinion, I see no problem on players leave South America for playn on Europe. Off course I´d reather if they stay here, but the fact´s that we´ve no money to keep them here. By the way, Brazilian soccer, at least, still have narrow minded old Club Managers, that dont make an interesting championship, dont respect us and only think about making their own money - by corruption, etc - and sale the good players for some miserable us$100 bills.

Felipe Ruiz

CORINTHIANS

7. ddw31089

ddw31089 New Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Gothenburg, Sweden

Was this supposed to be a joke?

8. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles

In other words you're one of those kids who thinks he knows everythnig because he's rich?

jk.

9. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles

No.

10. TRICOLOR BRASIL

Feb 5, 2004
    Brazil

No.

11. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite

No, that's not accurate at all. Brasil, I believe, has the 8th largest economy in the world. However, that's sheer size, not per capita income. In other words, Brasil has a big economy, but not an overly rich one. (Although it is growing.) Countries with much smaller economies, like most of Europe, are considerably "richer", because they have far higher wealth per capita.
    Also, Brasil has the worst income disparity between rich and poor in the world.

Lucky for you.

12. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Last night I heard that Tevez could be going to Cruzeiro or Corinthians? is this true?

13. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA

Brazilian websites are saying that Corinthians is putting up U$18 million - and they want Carlos Tevez NOW. They don't even want him to participate in the return match against Internacional in Copa Sudamericana, which would also mean Boca Juniors would end the Apertura without Tevez.

Someone who follows the Argentine league please answer: has Boca guaranteed itself a spot in the 2005 Libertadores by virtue of its 2nd place finish in 2004?

I am a fan of SPFC and like Santos and Palmeiras fans, we live and die mocking Corinthians because it's the only "big" team from SP city never to have won the Libertadores. I don't know whether River or Boca fans tease fans from other Buenos Aires teams about that (I don't even know what other major teams from that city have won the Libertadores, although I know Independiente of Avellaneda has 7)... but we live and die saying "Corinthians has no passport."

They are OBSSESSED with the Libertadores and it may seem smart to bring someone who's won it once at such a young age. But if they don't build the team around Tevez, they won't win it. Tevez is great but he isn't Maradona or Pele.

PS: a nugget for you Argentines... Corinthians, in 2003, did River Plate a favor and became the first Brazilian team ever to be eliminated by River in the bracket rounds of the Libertadores. Maybe if they get Tevez, they'll pay them back. ;)

14. Power_of_foot

Power_of_foot Red Card

May 28, 2004

Tevez will not have a spot as long as Ancellotti from Milan is in charge.
    He should better go to a place where he can play as a starter regularly

15. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia

Overall GDP is much more important for league’s strength than per capita

16. Argentine Gaucho 25

Nov 15, 2004
    California

What ever happened to him and Dynamo de Kiev? Did their talks fall out at the last minute or what?

17. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Actually we laugh at River because they only won it twice. :D

18. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

The teams which will represent Argentina in 2005 have already been determined based on the results of Apertura 2003 and Clausura 2004. (Apertura 2004 and Clausura 2005 will determine the representatives for 2006)

For Libertadores 2005 the teams are Boca (champion apertura 2003), River (champion clausura 2004), Banfield and San Lorenzo (Next two best records in the two tournaments combined).

Quilmes (with the fifth best combined record) will play in the elimination tournament with twelve other South American teams.

19. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

And we laugh right back at you cause we've won more tournaments than you. :)

20. megapolemico

megapolemico New Member

Sep 4, 2001
    at home finally!
  21. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Teves is finally leaving TO BRAZIL!!!

welcome back mega pole!!!! stay around, or you just prefer to lurk?

22. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles

He's going from where they kidnap your family for money to where they murder you on the streets just for having a bad game!

Good Luck Carlitos!

23. FCNYC

FCNYC Member

Jul 30, 2000
    NYC

http://football.guardian.co.uk/breakingnews/feedstory/0,14546,-4643372,00.html

BUENOS AIRES, Nov 29 (Reuters) - Argentina's Carlos Tevez is set to join Corinthians of Brazil after Boca Juniors agreed on Monday to transfer the forward for close to $20 million, a director of the Argentine club said.

where did Corinthians get all this money from?

24. Femfa

Femfa New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Los Angeles

I'm a little surprised at one of Argentina's young talents going to one of Brazil's most storied clubs, due to the rivalry that traditionaly exists between the countries.

I'd compare it to Club America, a Mexican League team, buying Landon Donovan.

And I'd be VERY surprised if that happened.

It's the top story on Sports Illustrated's soccer page right now: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/

25. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India

My question exactly... seems unreasonable for a club outside the big European leagues... unless they already have someone lined up to sell him on to.