Teves is finally leaving for Europe!!!?

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by aaron90025, Oct 28, 2004.

1. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Teves is finally leaving for Europe!!!

And with the childish way he's been acting lately in Boca, he'll be back in Buenos Aires in fewer than 1 year...

2. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Blame the game ... don't blame the player.

PS: He will be fine for the game at River. ;)

3. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles

Just because 90% of River players who leave for Europe end up back on the team within a few years doesn't mean the same for Boca! The day Teves comes back to Boca it will be his last season.

4. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia

Why is the title of the thread “finally leaves for Europe”?
    Do you want your players to leave?

5. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles

I titled it that way because I'm proud of him and can't wait to see him battle against the greates players in the world in competitions like Champions League, etc. Also, as a Boca fan I'm glad that he's going to get what he deserves. The greatest players in the world play in Europe and he deserves to be there along side them.

6. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia

And you are happy to be Europe’s football colony?

7. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles

You lost me? football colony?

All I know is that Teves is one of the greatest soccer players in the world who has already accomplished everything there is to accomplish with Boca and in the Americas.

8. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia

Why should your players always go to Europe? Why couldn’t the Copa libertadores be as attractive as the CL?

9. Re: Teves is finally leaving for Europe!!!

it is as attractive he still hasnt beaten once caldas

he really hasnt done everything he can do he can just make more money over there

10. smith07

smith07 New Member

Mar 26, 2004

it has to do with economics, not the quality of football, DA

11. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia

Brazil has a big economy and yet thousands of Brazilians are playing abroad, even in countries poorer than Brazil. Something stinks there.

12. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Geez dude ... it is called Football Economics ...

It is referred to supply and demand. Over there, supply of quality players is oscure ... so they rely on South American and African players ... so ... the more demand, the more you are willing to pay.

In South America we are just fine with it. The supply of quality players is as extensive as oil in the Middle East. Which means ... we sell for plenty and look back to bring out the next quality player. ;)

Just as an anecdote ... there is a saying: "In Brazil you tear down a tree and underneath you find a great football player."

Don't hate the player ... hate the game. :cool:

13. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

Like it's always said:

South America: TALENT Europe: ORGANISATION

14. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia

So you’re happy that your best players leave you when they’re twenty? That your team at the next world cup will be 90% foreign based?

15. NitrousOxide

NitrousOxide New Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Serravale San Marino

Well I see it as sort of a trade. The fact that brazilian and argentinian players leave for Europe early helps feed the South american talent making machine. Since players that would otherwise be on reserve squads or sitting in the bench get their chance to play and soon another star is discovered. If all the argentinian big names Crespo, Aimar, saviola and others were still playing in argentina, players like Tevez and cavenaghi would probably still be sitting on some bench.

16. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia

No, They wouldn’t be necessarily sitting on the bench. Maybe they would be playing for a smaller club. Countries with strong domestic leagues also have strong national teams. I expect Italy, Germany, England , Spain and France to reach at least the second round of the WC in 2006, as well as Mexico. They have almost all of their players home and have reached the last 16 in the 3 consecutive WC’s.

17. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

Che Bostero, where do you get your info from? "90% of River players end up back on the team within a few years?" Who exactly are you talking about? Salas and Gallardo? For one, Salas is on loan from Juventus. That doesn't amount to 90%. Get your facts straight before you run your piehole.

18. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa

He's just mad beause Carlo Ancelotti left..

19. wonderman

wonderman New Member

May 13, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I would be absolutely esctatic!!!!!! if 90% of USA players left MLS at 20 to go to europe, to the best leauges in the world!!!!! I would do backflips all day long!!!!! I would never walk I would skip and sing everywhere I went!!!!

I know Brazil and Argentina are better leagues than MLS but still, Europe is where the best of the best play. in 2002 Brazil wins WC with mostly europe base players. in 1998 france wins with moslty players not playing in france. brazil again in 1994 mostly europe based players.

20. SaturnX20

SaturnX20 New Member

Sep 15, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario

Actually River Plate players are more successful than boca players when they go to europe. Just look at players like: Palermo, burdisso, cagna, even riquelme werent half of what they were in boca in europe, in the other hand you have players like: aimar, saviola, crespo, ayala, etc. have succesfully adapted to the change.

21. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Hmmm ... I wouldn't forget of someone called Diego Armando ... nor someone called Kily Gonzales ... Veron ... ;)

22. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Huh?? What's wrong with it, afterall it is the coach's decision whom he calls to the NT.

How is the reality in Croacia? They hold their best players? Or they are South Americanized?

And to whom mentioned Brazil in '94 ... there is one simple answer: Bosman Law of '96. This accelerated the exodus ... since EU players wouldn't cover the "foreigner" cap in each league.

23. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA

Aloisius,

I'll say this. The Brazilian league is pretty competitive, but as everyone knows, pay is higher in Europe. As well, there are more strong teams that you face on a regular basis.

A remark I've heard made by Brazilian players who finally get European contracts is "I will never play in Brazil again." It's an irony. They remain homesick and vacation in Brazil, but they become accustomed to the higher standards of living, the Euro-based salaries, and the more advanced societies. I am not sure whether Argentine players feel that way, but given that a few years ago, Riquelme's brother was kidnapped, it can't be too different over there.

We have the talent - but our clubs and leagues are not as professional as say, the Premiership or the Bundesliga.

24. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Corinthians (BR) just offered 18 million US$ for him. Another one on the list. :cool: