Test for hidden bias.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by bocatuna, Sep 11, 2002.

1. bocatuna

bocatuna New Member

Aug 8, 2002
    England
    Found this on my travels and thought I might as well post it. It's a Tolerence .org test to find out if you've have any hidden bias towards skin colour, identity, age etc.

It's a response time test. I have taken only one , and found that I have a slight tendancy to associate America with White Americans rather then Native Americans.

Take the test and find out if you have any hidden bias.

http://tolerance.org/hidden_bias/02.html

2. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The first problem is the test is already bias, since it asks for your tendencies to like or dislike or race or group.

3. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    Is this where I'm supposed to chime in with "I'm biased against idiots" or some similar wisecrack?

4. Kraze

Kraze New Member

Jun 6, 2000
    Orlando
    Tolerance: Underminding America since the freaks opened their mouths.

5. joseph pakovits

joseph pakovits New Member

Apr 29, 1999
    fly-over country
    You mean freaks like Krazee Kubans in Miami, Joe McCarthy, the John Birch Society, Scalia, the "militias", the NRA, and Goldwater?

6. bocatuna

bocatuna New Member

Aug 8, 2002
    England
    Re: Re: Test for hidden bias.

I did the fat test as first a fat hating rightwinger then as a flubber loving leftie and pretty much made the same number of mistakes. The test said that I hated fat people and then that siad that I no automatic prefernce between Fat and thin. Which begs the question whats the point of the a test to find the hidden bias when the overt plays a major role in the results.

It also begs the quesion of why was I dumb enough to post it in the first place.

7. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does the total number of "mistakes" affect the outcome? Or does each mistake affect the other? I know with personality tests, answers DO affect each other. So, the number of mistakes in this test is hopefully inconsequential. Whereas the mistakes made as they relate to one another is the determining factor.