Terry Cooke scores Rapids goal #1

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by foote5252, Jul 4, 2005.

1. foote5252

foote5252 New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Waaahhooooo..... thank goodness!! Lets hope this continues. Gooooooaaaall!!!

2. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Ah Terry Cooke ... the second most upsetting signing of the season ...

UNTIL LAST NIGHT!

He sure doesn't have "making runs" ... or hell "running" in his game ... but his passes seemed effective more often than not ... and the boy scored!!!

I'm not sold yet ... 4 games of 16 still peeves me off ... but if he can turn into someone ... I'll change my tune happily!

3. miguel

miguel Member

Nov 26, 1998
    On Terry Cooke.... I too have not thought very highly of Cooke's contributions to the Rapids this season, but last night I think I have changed my mind. I was listening to the match on the HDNet and Glen Davis asked Chelo's for his assessment of what Cooke brings to the game. Chelo commented that he has good vision and the ability to make good crooses and he passes the ball well into open space. Then after hearing Chelo's comments I started to replay the my tape of the game and sure enough, Terry moves down the sidelines, makes a quick look up field and then delivers the ball with accuracy into open space beyond the guy who is marking him and lo and behold Cunningham or Nkong is there to receive it. He's still coming off injury, but if he continues to create service like that I think those guys up top will start to score more goals. Now we need the central mid to run the offense. can't wait to see who we pick up in the next few weeks. Great game.

One more coment that was made by Chelo near the end of the match that I also have to agree win was "The Rapids need to play every other game with only 10 players on the field. They play as a team when they are down a man and everyone puts out 110 %.

PS....For those of you who didn't see the game on the HDNet , you missed a good halftime interview with Fernando and his rememberances of the 1994 World Cup match against Columbia. .... adios

4. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    I would also add Terry covers a lot of the field and comes back to play defense. He's made a positive impression on most every game he's played in. Now only If he can stay healthy (if I had a nickel...)

5. rapidfan

rapidfan Member

May 13, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Would like to see more of Cooke (right) and Denton (left) at the outside mid positions. Also, this places Kotch at starting left back, which I like !

6. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial

Both Cooke and Cunningham were all over the place last night. The brought the team to life in the second half.

7. nowar99

nowar99 Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I would like to see Cooke at right and Denton on another team.

Cooke has looked solid in his games that he has played in. We've just been so burned by the injured SI syndrome.

I would like to find another option from Denton on the left.

8. foote5252

foote5252 New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    anyone know where i can see the goal? i had to listen to the game on the net(as usual) and MLS does not have any highlights avaliable.

9. miguel

miguel Member

Nov 26, 1998
    Foote5252... If you are near a major appliance store go to the TV section in the next 25 minutes. The replay of the match starts at 230 pm west coast time and it's on the HD TV network. Good luck. Look like you are interested in buying the TV set and linger for two hours. The shot will take place around the 60th minute plus or minus...adios

10. spot

spot Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Centennial
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a feeling that this is what Clavijo wants as well. Nkong may be our central player of the future.

How many central midfielders have come into the league and been had an immediate positive impact? It seems to me that some have taken a full season before they really made an impact.

11. miguel

miguel Member

Nov 26, 1998
    I think Limpar and Valderamma came in and changed things around pretty quickly, but it still takes a good supporting cast of defenders and some strikers who know how to finish before you'll win a championship.