Terrorists in Florida

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by FulhamRev, Aug 27, 2002.

1. FulhamRev

FulhamRev Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if Bush will say the magic words, "enemy combatant" (and make this guy's Consitutional rights magically disappear!).

Authorities stumbled upon an astonishing array of weapons inside the town home of podiatrist Robert Goldstein, 37, Thursday evening after receiving a complaint that he was arguing with his wife, Kristi, 28.

After coaxing Goldstein out of the home, Pinellas County deputies discovered about 20 homemade bombs, a pair of rocket launchers, dozens of high- power rifles and an antipersonnel mine.

They also retrieved a three- page battle plan that laid out in intricate detail a mission to blow up what appears to be a local Islamic educational center. The writing includes at least the first names of two other people.

http://www.tampatribune.com/MGADOK3FA5D.html

2. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    At the very least, he should have raised flags at the FBI and the ATF. He either got these at dealers, local gun shows or even illegally. No matter how these things got there and in the numbers, someone should have at least heard of him before his wife calls for help.

While he might not fit a profile, we need to follow his money trail and find out how someone can stockpile such arms without anyone in the govt knowing of it.

3. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Kristi Goldstein for President, man. Can you imagine the freaking fortitude it takes to argue with a guy who's packing rifles, rocket launchers and homemade bombs? Anyone who tells that guy to put down the battle plan and take out the god-damned trash is a hero in my book.

4. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't know whether you've been married or not Dan, but they pretty much all have balls that big, figuritively speaking...

5. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    That's what married life is like? Why am I picturing "The Honeymooners," only as raving anti-Islamic lunatics?

6. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aziz, one more word out of you , and POW, right to the moon!

7. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My roomate is pissed that this guy got arrested. He is not very progressive in his political thought though.

8. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Fight the power my brother.

9. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    After the first sentence, the second sentence was rather redundant.