Television Schedule

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by JuveleoRules, Aug 25, 2002.

1. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I wish all the TV stations would get their act together and start telling us when the games are on. Once again RTP's website list them as televising Tuesday Inter-Sporting game but no reference to them airing it on RTPi.

I know they will probably televise it, but here we are guessing again.

I also would like them to announce the tape delay broadcasts of the Sport TV games.

They broadcast one game live each week, and one on tape delay.

Hopefully no one will subscribe to SPT here in North America, and they lose a huge amount of money so someone else can pick it up in 2 years.

It is a crime that all Dishnetwork customers would have to buy a new system to pick up one channel.

2. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    From my experience, you are just going to have to check rtpi's website as the game days approach. Aside from the one scheduled game per week (usually Saturday), it's really hard to know what other game RTPi will show. At the moment, it does not appear that it will broadcast Sporting's CL game tomorrow, but -- agian -- that could change. Check the site tonight.

3. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    If you are in the US (not sure about Canada), you will not see any Champions League matches on RTPi, since ESPN owns the rights to the entire Champions League in America, even though they're not showing any matches yet. All you'll get on RTPi is the league matches, some Seleccao games, and some Taca de Portugal matches.

Check http://www.soccertv.com/por.cfm as it usually has pretty good info.

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Good news in Portugal there is talks Sport TV will go international before the end of the year. First to go international is to the European nations, second they also talk about about a second Sport TV2 channel.
    Spt got the contract for the next two years, so Sport TV will have to wait at least that amount of time.
    The games televise by SPT are the ones been feed by Sport TV.
    I didn't go out and by another satellite enough is enouth, my roof looks like the Satellite and Dish house.

5. dtoste

dtoste New Member

Sep 2, 2001
    San Jose Ca
    If Sportv goes international does that mean we can get the same package we got last year?

6. Fender playa

Fender playa New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Vancouver/Canada
    I havent a clue about that............:confused:

7. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    If Sport TV goes international and the Dish network signs a contract, ahead of Spt could happen.
    Its to early to say how its going to happen, one thing for sure Sport TV international will be out all over Europe before the end of the year.

Spt for I understand got a two year deal.

8. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    They are not talking about Champions League matches, but Champions League qualifying.

ESPN Intl has the rights for CL proper, but for CL quals, every team negotiate its own rights. That's why you can see it all over the ethnic channels. First leg of Sporting x Inter was on RTPi, 2nd leg of Slovan Liberec x AC Milan was on RAI Intl, Fenerbache x Feyenoord was on Turkish service DFH, available in the U.S.

Champions League Quals is the most interesting part for satellite hobbyists, because it's available from many outlets. People with C/Ku band dish over North America would be busy hunting for the games.

Once it gets to the CL group stage, it's only available on ESPN Intl. A few years ago, I've heard rumors that you you can get wildfeeds of those games unencrypted, but I don't think it's true anymore.