Team Spirit!

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Michael Mejido, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Michael Mejido

May 14, 2000
    OK, my team is Furious with me :)

I don't want to lower my 100% training schedule... and I don't want to hire any more than my 1 sport psychologist because i want to save $$$.

how expertos do you suggest I get my Team Spirit up?

2. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Play it Cool some games.

Winning helps too.

whats your team ID?

3. Michael Mejido

May 14, 2000
    i've been PiC every game! :) do you think adding more than 1 psycholgist would help? My ego is fragile and I don't like my gang upset with me ;)

My team ID is 222230 by the way!

4. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, looking at your last few matches, (funny ass team name by the way) I can see that you got spanked pretty badly at home... your supporters hate getting shut out at home.

You have a solid/poor coach and that seems to be the biggest problem... poor leadership in a coach really hurts team spirit.

Basically when you PIC a match your coaches leadership almost neutralises any benefit.

You also have quite a few controversial/nasty fellows on the squad... I bet one of them has the highest leadership. That never helps TS.

SO after looking at your team I would say it is a lot of different things that have gone wrong.

Best thing you can do is start winning consistantly and maybe get rid of the nasty/controversial types with high leadership. These guys dont really bring your TS down so much as they help to keep it low.

Oh yeah, I've only had one sports psych since I started and TS has never been an issue.

But instead of getting a solid coach right away like you did I went for an inadequate coach with passable leadership, just as a temporary measure.. i think that helps TS a lot. my TS right now is delirious.

5. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    you did the right thing with a solid coach, this will pay off in terms of training and form.

I'd say go after a clown...buy a popular guy/solid leadership or at least a pleasant guy/solid leader...

6. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't say it hurts your team spirit, so much as it limits the extent to which you can raise it above the equilibrium level of "composed." While poor leadership doesn't do you all that much, it's enough to get by, as long as you still have cup games to PIC.

I don't think winning has any significant effect on TS.

Good for your TS, bad for your training. :p

7. Michael Mejido

May 14, 2000
    thanks for all the responses!

phillips, define more for me what a clown is :) also, does this popular/solid guy have to just be on the roster, or actually play in games?

8. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no all he has to do is collect dust.

9. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have two good TS guys collecting dust on my bench. One is passable/popular, the other is solid/sympathetic. I keep the solid/sympathetic because I've got another passable leader on my team.

10. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a money thing. i'll have my solid coach before too long.

=)

11. Michael Mejido

May 14, 2000
    i've found a couple of solid leadership/populars, but they are all dishonest... what to do, what to do? will the dishonesty hurt? shall i go for some of the passable leadership/populars that are honest instead?

12. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the middle one doesnt count

the only ones that matter are the agreeability factor "Popular" and the leadership abilities.

the dishonest part in the middle doesnt count towards his clown status.

13. Michael Mejido

May 14, 2000
    what does the honesty/dishonesty count towards then, whether or not he takes his fair share of orange slices during halftime? :)

14. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a dishonest player might be carded for diving or for shirt pulling in a match. Stuff like that.

15. Michael Mejido

May 14, 2000
    ok, i have myself a popular/solid clown... now when does my team stop being furious ;)

16. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    It will slowly rise to the default. Calm I believe. To speed that up, you will need to PIC a game or two, if you can afford to.

17. Ambade

Ambade New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    One of my players has solid experience and passable leadership. But he is controversial. Would he make a good coach? I have a clown employed to keep TS high... :)

18. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing that matters for a coach is experience and leadership. (at least what I've heard and been told)

I think your solid xp/ pass ldr would make a fine coach. Just remember, you have to have had him on your team for 16 weeks first before making him a coach.

19. Craig P

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you've got the money and he's been on the team long enough, he'd be a fine coach, and a lot cheaper than what you would have to pay for an externally recruited passable leadership coach. From what I hear, high leadership in coaches has some excellent team spirit benefits, which is good if you're in a fight for your league.

20. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    He'll be a good coach... Coach's agreeability doesn't matter.
    i dont know how good your team is, but internal recruiting of a coach is still very expensive.

Higher the player's experience, cheaper it is to turn him into coach. At around solid, excellent experience level, it probably costs around 500 000 to 600 000 USD.

and i think the default TS is content.

21. Ambade

Ambade New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Thanks!

It looks like this guy has his careerpath laid out for him...

Regarding "how good my team is" - louzy (around 28 stars), but getting better.