Team, Player salary info

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by scrub, Jul 13, 2005.

1. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree with this sentiment.

Take out sportsmen's conciousness and put in business man ... and that makes a lot more sense. But saying he'd be nuts if he was more devoted to the Revs than the Pats as a sports fan makes no sense.

2. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the context I was using the words they are directly related to the business of owning a sports team.

As to the question of who, why, when, where, for what someone likes one sport better than another----there is no way we can have anything other than a radically subjective discussion and we have just about zero chance of reaching a meaningfull conclusion or an agreement so I think it's best to let the issue DRIFT into the night air, zzzzzzzzzz__________;)

3. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually it does. Kraft was a fan of the Pats long before he even had a gleam in his eye about owning them. In 1971 he bought 4 season tickets down toward the corner, not even the best category of seats. It would make sense that he has more "emotional investment" in the Pats than anything else. I had heard that Bob Kraft was a big Boston Braves fan as a kid and used to go to games all the time at Braves Field (which is now Nickerson). Supposedly he cried his eyes out for days on ned when they moved to Milwaukee.

This isn't to say that if the Revs do as well as we all hope this year, Big Krafty won't have a huge sense of satisfaction. Given the history of this club, there will be a lot of emotion, but in reality, it can't compare to the Red Sox winning for the first time since 1918, or even the Pats first SB a few years ago, where everyone remembers the years of futility.

Perhaps there are kids today who have grown up with the Revs and will have that same level of passion and commitment. Give it another 10 years and we will see the Revs having been a permanent piece of the sporting conciousness and then we may see large numbers of people who care as much as we all do.

Tom