Team of the Season 2012-13?

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by LouisianaViking07/09, May 2, 2013.

1. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    who do you think deserves to be in it?

2. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Bony - Pelle​
    Djuricic​
    Eriksen - Maher​
    Schöne​
    Blind - Moisander - Alderweireld - V Rhijn​
    Vermeer​
    Coach: Frank de Boer (honorable mention for Art Langeler)​
    Had to make it a 4-4-2 :( since I couldn't think of a good right winger. And although I'm not a fan, Pelle deserves to be in there.​

he so scrumptiouz repped this.
  3. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    JC-14 - No van Bommel on your squad??? I'm not sure about Eriksen as I don't think he has been as good this year as in the last two years.

4. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Imo Eriksen has been awesome. Better than ever.

And there are about 100 players I'd pick before Bommel. ;)

5. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I will maybe post an entire team later on, but would like to pay some attention to van Ginkel.

Take a look at the top 25 players who added win points to their team:

[​IMG]

Source

Notice how van Ginkel almost makes the top 5 and is the highest noted midfielder of all Eredivisie midfielders. Now also keep in mind that van Ginkel is not an attacking midfielder for Vitesse but has the most defensive duties at his team on midfield. Janssen is doing little in this respect and Cziommer/Pröpper did little as well. At the end we saw others like Havenaar and that other fellow who can't play football, but it's pretty fair to say van Ginkel is played for the majority of the time in a very controlling position, cleaning up a lot.

So that's a big performance. Doing both things. Added to Vitesse defensive solidity and making those well times attacking runs to score or assist. Or be dangerous with a header from a dead ball moments. #Complete player.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^The fact that there is only one Ajax player among this 25 points to the fact that this table is utterly worthless. Football is a team sport and always has been.

7. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

There are team statistics and individual statistics. For both stats there should be a place. Apart from that, this stat also uses odds and as Ajax will be favorite often, Ajax players maybe tend to receive less easily points? Not sure.

However Ronald de Boer recently said on TV he thought that this year was a real team performance as well. He pointed this out by saying that Ajax did not have a a big scoring striker. This table further underlines his point maybe. When there are clear high performers in a team they get the credit for a title, now it's mostly Frank de Boer getting mentioned as he made Ajax play in a way that they always played at least as good if not better than the opponent.

So IMO the table does not show how a team became champs, but it does a good job filtering out what individuals (in lesser teams?) responsible for adding key points with their attacking contribution. It filters out the tank goals and I have always been annoyed by those. So much nonsense is brought into discussions as a result of those. At one point Walcott had the best goal per minute rate in EPL. Not all goals are of the same value and the same goes for assists.

8. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm not a big fan of best XIs that have three players who play the same position. IMO you pick a formation and pick the best player in each position. In that XI, there are six players who play at most three different positions. There should be at least one DM in there and some wingers instead of three AMs and three CFs. Ironically the only striker in that XI who sometimes lines up on the wing is the one they have lined up in the middle in that XI.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  9. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Voetbal International

[​IMG]

10. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bony CAM? Eriksen winger? Lol.

Blind deserves to be in that line-up, went from the worst player to one of the best players this season.

11. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    I agree about Daley, but both Eriksen and Bony have played in those positions before so I can understand VI their reasoning. They could've easily made it 442, but 433/451 is the Dutch house style.