Team Honored by NC House of Representatives

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Heeligan2, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Heeligan2

Heeligan2 Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Earthaven, NC
    On Monday evening August 26, the Carolina Courage team was honored by the North Carolina House of Representatives (the Senate was not in session that evening so they did not formally honor the team but the leadership of the Senate met with the team and congratulated them for the success and thanked them for all their efforts).

With most of the players and coaches watching from the gallery, the House of Representatives adopted a resolution honoring the team and two legislators made speeches commending them. The House of Representatives then gave the team a standing ovation.

At the following link is a copy of the House Resolution honoring the team:

http://www.ncleg.net/html2001/bills/AllVersions/House/H1784v1.html

2. Oddball#34

Oddball#34 New Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Apex, NC
    darnit

you got it posted while I was responding to our friend coming in from Australia for the Nike Cup. Way to go. You are quick.

3. Heeligan2

Heeligan2 Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Earthaven, NC
    Thanks. I'm keeping a closer eye on things today after yesterday's melee. :)

Here is a copy of the Courage press release. I believe it is incorrect in stating that there was a "Courage Day" proclamation, however.

4. staciwilson2

staciwilson2 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    Sharolta Nonen Heaven
    i wish my friends at my school evan cared about soccer. I told then about that article and they were all like and ure point is???
    Darn skater dudes!