Taylor Booth at FC Utrecht

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by ShaftBrewer, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Yesterday evening he was highlighted in the Dutch tv soccer show Studio Voetbal in the topic "gem of the right side of the table". Normally they take a player from the last 9 clubs (hence the title of the topic) as an example of players that make you go to the stadium, but yesterday they chose to flip it into the "gem of the left side of the table".

2. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    Very different players

ChicagoVT, adam tash and Gacm32 repped this.
  4. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. One is going to be a star in a top league someday and the other is going to be a little better than his brother.:D

adam tash repped this.
  6. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Far too quick there. Let’s wait until he’s played a few more games. Tillman also looked good his first few games for Rangers and has quieted down a bit.

7. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been following Tillman too. I haven't been impressed with Tillman but Booth is a technical player, with a good work rate and vision.

adam tash repped this.
  8. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    Tillman is the athlete that Booth is not and has a really impressive level of skill and a deep tool box.

That doesn’t take anything away from Booth, who I have enjoyed watching since his US youth days. He’s VERY similar to Paxton Pomykal, who is one of my favorite players to watch.

It doesn’t need to be a competition between those two if and until it ever is.

The Irish Rover repped this.
  9. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever Booth's deficiencies are....they aren't lack of athleticism....i.e. tillman, Booth is more skilled and has a better first touch...imo

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  10. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    Maybe not a lack, but Tillman is absolutely a better athlete and that improves his ability to physically compete.

11. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    but booth's athleticism is a strength...look at the way he just runs through the entire defense on his last goal.....

so not sure what you're getting at....booth has better touch and passing imo

they are both good enough that bayern wanted them....so both good.....

but, personally, I think booth is a bit of a better long-term prospect bc I dont see the touch getting better for tillman

theboogeyman and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  12. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree.

adam tash repped this.
  13. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one thought that Jordan Morris would develop a left foot either, but he did.

14. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    did he really, though?

big picture - he's a bust.

zero goals or assists in 11 WCQs in his career....and looking like that won't change, either.

15. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, he did. Anyone who watched him over the years (for club or country) would have noticed. It was a quite striking change from the younger Morris who would rather send in an awkward cross from the left with the outside of his right foot than allow the ball to touch his left foot. This is Taylor Booth's thread, so I won't argue with you about Morris' stats here. Not that the point was to argue about Morris' quality in the first place, simply that players improve their technique.

no exit repped this.
  16. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    Booth is not fit in the system. He is a very creative player and cannot flourish in a rigid system. Wait after WC.

The Irish Rover, Gacm32 and adam tash repped this.
  17. adam tash

adam tash Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Barcelona, Spain
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    but like morris will never play in a world cup or ever even score a world cup qualifying goal....in his entire career

kinda a bad example of a player overcoming deficiencies in their game....because he simply didn't. he stagnated hard and never really got much better than he was in college......so he actually proves my point not yours.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  18. tomásbernal

tomásbernal Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're trying hard to create an argument in a forum where it doesn't belong. You said you don't see the touch getting better for Tillman (and, hence, why you like Booth better). My response was that Morris vastly improved his touch with his left foot (which was completely absent early in his career). I don't care to argue whether Morris is a world-beater for it today, only that players can most definitely improve their touch and technique. He did, and so he's a good example of what I'm saying.

The Irish Rover, ardubois3 and Winoman repped this.
  19. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    Nah, there are 3 positions for him to play in the US system. Its not that rigid of a system.

tomásbernal repped this.
  20. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    Then tell me why he isn’t impress the GGG during the previous camp.

21. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    You mean the camp he was invited to that propelled this subsequent run of form?

22. Voetbal International rated for the FC Utrecht - FC Groningen match Pepi with a 5.5 and Booth with a very good 8!
    Booth also made VI's Team of the Week.

23. twoolley

twoolley Member+

Jan 3, 2008
    Scored already this morning!

24. gnk

gnk Member+

Nov 1, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I expect to see him in camp in January. Closest thing we have to a true 10.

25. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aaronson is not too shabby for the 10 as well.

tomásbernal repped this.