Taxi? (Revs Broadcast Pre-Empted at Halftime?)

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Feldspar, Jul 27, 2002.

1. John Lewis

John Lewis New Member

Mar 15, 2000
    Boston
    I love this one. That Tony Danza. So funny.

2. johnh00

johnh00 Member

Apr 25, 2001
    CT, USA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Frustrating since my cable company doesn't carry 56 in CT.

3. MouseyTongue

MouseyTongue New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    a box in the Chairma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but can he defend?

4. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    I can only get the FSNE games, anyway.

Grumble.

5. Rodan

Rodan New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Providence
    Hmmmm.

Isn't the Metro's fanzine called Taxi. I think I smell a conspirary here. And I bet somehow Mejido was behind it (that bastard).

6. PLJ

PLJ New Member

Jan 5, 2001
    Wasn't listening to game on radio......is Garth Lagerway a new announcer or is that a joke name for Brad Feldman? (if it isn't a joke, it sounds like one).

Please tell me that they don't have a new radio guy with that name.....

7. Jim Dow

Jim Dow New Member

Mar 20, 1999
    Belmont, MA
    Garth Lagerway is actually a pretty good radio voice for footie. He was a keeper in the early days of MLS, knows his stuff and has a good sense of humor. He is yards better than Meteperl and on a par with Feldman. They would be a fairly good team actually.

JIM DOW

8. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
    Here's wb56's reply to my email:

Dear Ian,
    Thank you for your e-mail to Boston's WB56. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us regarding our broadcast of the New England Revolution match on Saturday night.

Unfortunately, the feed for the game was disrupted due to a technical problem originating at the Stadium. WB56 had no alternative but to play "Taxi" (our contingency programming) until the feed was re-established. While this disruption was not due to an error of ours, I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced while watching the game.

WB56 is dedicated to providing our viewers with the best news and entertainment programming possible -- your opinion helps us in this effort. We value your viewership, and on behalf of the entire staff at WB56, thank you again for your comments.

Sincerely,

Kristen, WB56 Public Relations

9. PLJ

PLJ New Member

Jan 5, 2001
    So did this Lagerway guy do the game with Meterparel? (I didn't have a chance to listen)

Also, who has filled in for Feldman and Meter when they can't make it?

10. Hey Waft Man

Hey Waft Man Member

Feb 17, 1999
    Colchester, CT
    Coupla good-looking young guys, coupla older guys, all wandering around in front of a cage. Short, chubby guy running the show.

And then there's Taxi.