Tasha's endeavors continue...w/ minor hiccup

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by battchy, Aug 27, 2002.

1. keepit0

keepit0 Member

Aug 15, 2001
    So where are we on the invite then?

2. battchy

battchy Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Mtn View, CA
    her mom passed on the invite. kinda lost some of it's thunder, but landon was a bonus to this all along, not the integral part, in my mind. what you all have done is the REALLY valuable and important part. and tasha should have never expected the call (since it was supposed to be a surprise), so she shouldn't be disappointed by the call not happening.

anyway, they are still all coming out, and very touched by what you've all done, so let's work on making sure everything else is done as top-notch as possible.

cheers,
    battch

GO QUAKES!!!

3. 1Bri Fanatic333

1Bri Fanatic333 New Member

Jul 12, 2000
    Landon told me that he sent her an e-mail instead, but she has not replied back to it as of this morning (9-8). I'll try and stay updated on whether or not she writes him back any time between now and then.

As for the card goes....between last nights game and today at shake with the Quakes, I have all Quakes players signatures on the card except Goose, Troy, and DeRosario.....:( I tried to get all of them, but it just didn't happen. Sorry guys. The card is fuller than heck though! As a couple added bonuses...I got Chad (he works for the Quakes....lol, hes a sweety, so I asked him to sign it), and then I also got Dom to sign it. Frank was nowhere to be found after the Q&A.

I don't think she'll be able to notice that I missed a few players, or at least I hope not. But the card looks really good guys! I'll make sure I get it sent out tomorrow.

4. LvnLD10

LvnLD10 New Member

Aug 4, 2002
    San Jose, CA
    This is pretty awesome. Straight from the mouth of Landon.

What do you find to be the most rewarding part of the sport?
    -- Amanda D., 14, from Friendswood, Texas

LD: There was this girl with cystic fibrosis who, through the Make a Wish Foundation, just wanted to meet me. Her one wish in the world was to meet me. That was like... [pats his heart]. Can you imagine?

5. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Was there a camera around? Was he smiling?! Did he show his ABBBBZZ?!

6. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    Hey...that belongs in the Landon thread, not the Tasha thread... ;)

7. battchy

battchy Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Mtn View, CA
    update...

first, 1bri, what's the status w/ your card? did you get it mailed yet? i spoke w/ tasha's mom yesterday, and it looks like they'll use your card as the way to let tasha know she's coming back to spartan for the final game since landon couldn't make the call.

second, erika f/ the quakes wanted names of all the people that have been involved in this. so send me a pm w/ your real names, first and last and possibly addresses as well, if you want to be on the list as i know most of you all just thru user id's.

third, the hotel is booked, they will be staying at the hilton.

fourth, 'keepit0', can you give me an update on where w are w/ the limo? if we can do it, would like to have the limo available for airport to hotel/hotel to dinner to game/game to hotel/hotel to airport. also, what is the situation w/ having the limo wait between trips vs. coming back for them?

thanks all. huge set of games coming up!!! here's hoping we can get a win tomorrow so next week would be all gravy!!!

cheers,
    battch

GO QUAKES!!!

8. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Very nice! :D

9. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Maybe we can get Tasha to post here to see how her two trips to SJ were. Maybe Lindsey could fill her in on how to get on these boards to fill us in on all the details of her trips.....who she met, where she got to go, what kind of Quake junk she got....stuff like that.

10. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    It's getting close, any updates?

11. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. 1Bri Fanatic333

Jul 12, 2000
    Sorry to keep you all in suspence....I had a bus weekend with my birthday and going home and just everything that the thread got burried.

From my end....I sent the card out last Wednesday. It should be there by now. Maybe somebody with her home phone should give her a call to see how she reacted, or wut the status is on that?

Landon made a comment to me that Tasha already reads the boards....so I would think that she would know how to use them if she does. But I am not ocmpletey sure either that that is the case.

As I offered before, I am willing to save her a spot by me in Auto Alley after the game....but she has to be willing to stand for a while, and fight back to those who push up against the fence. I will have my 5 year old nephew with me, so it is going to be a little hectic, but I'm sure I can manage it. We need to figure somethign out soon though. If somebody is meeting her at the stadiumt o make sure she gets there, maybe they ca bring her by where I am so I can talk to her about where to meet me and such.

I will *not* ask one of the guys to bring her a ball out, because somebody said she got one last time. When you call to see if she got the card, you should make it a point to let her know to bring the ball to get it signed.

13. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you need anyone to help bodyguard her in the Autograph Lane, I'll volunteer.

14. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Lindsey is awesome! :D Happy B-Day, mine was Sunday, the same day as Carlos Ruiz. :(

15. 1Bri Fanatic333

Jul 12, 2000
    Thanks! Mine was the day that the floppin fish got a crap goal on our Quakes....
    but I (yes, in all seriousness) got really drunk, so I kinda didnt even remember it untill today anyways!:)

16. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

Two whole Smirnoff Ice all by yourself will do that to ya. ;)

17. 1Bri Fanatic333

Jul 12, 2000
    lmao...actually, it was 2 smirnoff ices, and 2 Mikes hard lemonades!! Sad, i know. But I RARELY RARELY drink, and I weigh 115 wet....you add it all up.

18. battchy

battchy Member

Oct 18, 2001
    Mtn View, CA
    hey all,

quickie...

i am getting the 'real names' of the people involved in this to the quakes office, and i have most of them, but i haven't hear from the following individuals...

IBT
    LDB
    ruby223

you individuals can pm me w/ your names, i'm not going to use them for anything, but the quakes office i think wants to send out a card or something, i believe (tho may be wrong). so let me know how/where i/they can get in touch w/ you.

'keepit0' if you read this, i need to get in touch w/ you about the transportation situation.

cheers all,
    battch

GO QUAKES!!!

19. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

OK....truth be known, I am all 3......When I feel like a little Landon bashing I call myself IBT. When I wanna wear something silky with a pair of pumps I call myself Ruby. When I wanna be a normal everyday beer drinking, soccer loving father and husband I call myself LDB. :D J/K
    I'll PM you battchy.

20. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys!

Way to go! Your efforts to bring back Tasha is acknowledged by the Earthquakes "announce" email today!

Nice job!

After meeting Tasha and her sister Kayla, 18, during the game, a number of Earthquakes season-ticket holders decided to band together and raise money to make Tasha's wish come true once again by having her come to another match. Sanders will return to San Jose from Missouri with her older sisters Kayla and Megan for the Earthquakes game Saturday against the Galaxy at 7:00 p.m. PT at Spartan Stadium. The Earthquakes will provide the Sanders' sisters with tickets and accommodations while in San Jose.

21. RUBY223

RUBY223 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Sunnyvale
    You are TOO funny. :p

I'll send a PM with my contact info. Good job people!

22. 1Bri Fanatic333

Jul 12, 2000
    bump of a sort....

Has anyone tried calling to see wut the latest is?

23. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any chance she can stop by at the Club Quake/Casbah tailgate? This kid is worthy of respect.

IBT, be nice to her. :D

Cystic fibrosis is a rather deadly disease though doctors have been working on treatments to make life better for those with the ailment. Mostly it has to deal with the lungs turning into "mucus" and being "eaten up". (yalpstel you there?)

There is a rather good story of a female hockey player with CF. I can't remember which college she plays for, but she started to play as a "therapy" for her lungs. She has to go through taking medications and treatments just to play, more or less to stay alive. Since you are a hockey fan, you might be in awe of her.

It's asthma but much worse. yalpstel is the medical expert--hopefully she can back up/refute what I just mentioned.

Cheers!

24. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Everyone acts like im a bad person..

I know of an ex-Devils/Stars player who had a bad case of asthma and had to take medicine in between every period just to play, ever since he was a squirt... That was inspiring..

I'll be nice.. Actually, I probably wont be around.

25. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, you're cool. I know you enough that you're on the good guy side. Anyone who takes on the "Legion of Doom/Injustice Gang" is cool in my book.