Tal Ben Heim Signs

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Alan D, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    Great addition to the team and Dunne and Richards will be under pressure that they've never been under before. Ben Heim is just the player we need in defence, we don't want to play Elano at right-back again and we can't rely on Sun Jihai regardless because he has gone so that is something at least. Was Bolton's best player (or one of) and was key to their success before he left, didn't make it at Chelsea because Terry and Carvalho were ahead of him but he did play under Mourinho regularly so I'm happy we've got him. Experience and proven in this league, only 26 and has international experience so a smart bit of business.

Interview with him off the official site:

mcfc.co.uk: Welcome to Manchester City, what does it mean for you to sign for the Club?
    Tal Ben Haim: I think it’s a very good Club and a famous Club with a lot of ambition. I want to win things with this Club and I know for many years that hasn’t happened. It’ll be hard and it takes time to build something.

mcfc: How important was the Manager in your decision to join Manchester City?
    TBH: It was very important because I know Mark Hughes matches my ambition. As a player he won nearly everything and of course he wants to do the same as a Manager. He has ambition, the passion and the desire to do that and it matches my ambition because I am like that as well. I want to help City to be a better Club and to win something.

mcfc: We’re you aware of the speculation in the papers and how did you feel about being linked to a move here?
    TBH: I was excited. I spoke with my agent and even though we had some better offers I preferred to come here because I think it’s a good Club with a lot of ambition. As I’ve said, we want to do better things here than over the last few years.

mcfc: So you had other Clubs interested in signing you?
    TBH: Yes, there were a few other clubs, but after I spoke with the staff here and my family I think it’s the right Club to try and build something new.

mcfc: Without naming names, were all the clubs English?
    TBH: No, there were some from abroad as well, but I preferred to stay in England.

mcfc: Can you give us your first impressions of returning to the north west and the Club?
    TBH: I know the city well because I used to live here for three years when I was with Bolton. So I know that the weather is cold but the people are very warm – so it’s good for me because it’s like coming back home.

mcfc: And what about the City fans, do you have a message for them?
    TBH: The fans I know are incredible. The support they give to the players makes a very good atmosphere and they deserve to win titles after many years without. But it takes time to build something and the Manager wants to build something good here and I’m proud to be here.

mcfc: Just finally, what are the qualities the fans will expect to see from you as a player here?
    TBH: Well, I don’t like to speak about myself too much, but I’m definitely going to give my best to City and give my heart in every game. I hope that we can do good things this season. I’m looking forward to starting the season here.

2. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    It's all PR speak, what else can he say?

Hope he manages to steer clear of the yellow and red cards. :eek: We need an extra defender as this is going to a be a busy season.

Come on City

3. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I would like us to buy another versatile defender (preferably young), a defensive midfielder and a right winger before the season starts ..

Please !!

Good signing though, Ben Haim is quality, even if not up to the standerd of Terry/Carvalho.