Tae Guk GI The Brotherhood of War

Discussion in 'Korea' started by peruytu, Jun 30, 2005.

1. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I saw it last night, great movie!
    But, some parts were just too frustrating to watch... some of the actions that the characters took were just too hard to believe, and sometimes it seemed a bit dorky. I mean, don't get me wrong, those negatives was just a little part of the movie. But I guess I feel this way because of the difference in cultures, i'm sure it has to do alot with Korean mentality that I know nothing about.
    Anyways, i'm sure many of you have seen it , if not, please do, its an awsome war movie!
    Btw, who is the girl in the beginning of the movie, she plays the granddaughter of Jin-Seok... God, she's fvcking gorgeous! Any other good movies that she's in that I can watch? :)

2. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Dont mean to sound cold but you wont be seeing her in anything new.

She committed suicide about three months ago for reasons still unclear.

3. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    WHAT?!?!?!?! You're kidding right dude? You cannot be serious... dude, i'm hope you're not kidding because thats not cool...
    Whats her name?

4. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    No joke...sorry. Her mom is a gambling addict. Spent every thing she made in the movies.

Forgot her name. Somebody here will probably chime in with it though.

That was the Jin-Seok's love interest too by the way...not the direct grandaughter.

5. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Nah, that's someone else. The one who committed suicide is Lee Eun-Joo, and the one perutyu is talking about is Jo (Cho) Yun-Hee, if I remember correctly. Unless Jo also committed suicide a couple of months ago, which I could've missed.

6. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  7. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What other attractive woman in Taegukgi? I thought Lee was the only one.

8. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    OHHHH the one at the beginning and end.

Peru man...you would pick the one who's in the movie the least.

Sheesh...

9. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    yeah, I only just remembered her as well because someone else asked for her pictures in one of the other threads sometime ago.

10. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Yeah man,.. but still, i'm feel bad that Eun-ju Lee (Young Shin) commited suicide, thats terrible man. :(
    Anyways, Jo Yun-Hee is gorgeous... she looks young. How old is she? Anyways, i'll look her info online now that I got her name. Thanks guys.

RIP Eun-ju Lee. :(

11. taegukgi2004

taegukgi2004 New Member

Jan 10, 2005

Jo Yun-Hee

i've watched taegukki at least three times and id on't think she was in that movie....If i am wrong, what scene was she on...only chick in the movie in eun ju lee....

12. ckcrew

ckcrew Member

Mar 25, 2005
    i saw this movie six months ago and i thought it was pretty good. the granddaughter in the beginning is really hot. but like peruytu said, i thought there were some goofy parts in the movie. the look of the movie and special effects were really good, but i couldnt get over all the overacting in the movie. specially the fat soldier who eats with rice all over his face was really annoying. he just way over did his part. and some parts of the storyline i thought were a little too far fetched. too many coincidences for it to be convinceable.

13. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    at the beginning and the end of the film.

14. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    Mr. Elliad is right on target

both girls are gorgeous, well I guess one was... it sucks she died..

15. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Does any Korean movie ends in happy ending? All the ones I've watched were heartbreakers: Taeguki, Failan, Silmido, etc.. I am addicted to being happy all the time and these Korean movies are making me watch 007 movies to recover from these tear jerkers.[​IMG][​IMG]

16. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    My Sassy Girl certainly did have a happy ending ;)

17. taegukgi2004

taegukgi2004 New Member

Jan 10, 2005

ohhhhhh,

damm, she was too young for me to consider her as a chick...shiat....either way RIP enu ju lee...i though she was one of the few korean chick movie star i though had some of the korean classical beauty...I was just fond and attracted to her demeanor...man, i would of love to marry a korean chick like that....

18. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    ahem. done that ... and still happily married after ㅁㅁ years.  [​IMG][​IMG]

19. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    I loved this movie.

I think we all knew that this was gonna have a sad ending even before we sat down in the theater. It's a war movie. Of course it's gonna be sad. I'm sure all of the regular posters here know someone who experienced a lot of the things that happened in this movie.

20. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Perutyu,

I thought this movie was over-rated. If you want good Korean cinema, check out Old Boy (or Silmido if you like that war-related action flick).

21. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Amusing how powerful that movie was. That flick single-handedly defined the symbol and epitome of what all Korean males want in a female (from attitude to looks and even hair style) by casting Jeon Ji-hyeon. And she still carries that exact same image. Even to this day.

22. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Well, she is changing her image somewhat though, seeing from her latest ads.

23. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll mark it down in my "to watch" list.

Personaly, I don't think the movie is over rated, then again, this is probably the only 3rd Korean movie i've ever watched... so I can't compare it to others. I'm an open minded person, so when I heard about this movie I was instantly attracted at the fact that it was a war movie and the special effects were "a la Saving Private Ryan" (i'm a war movie buff). As i've mentioned before, this movie did have its dorky parts, but overall it is a good "war movie." But now that you mention Silmido, i'll definately check that out. Thanks!

24. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    I really liked and was impressed by JSA as well. Definitely a movie worth checking out - but the impact maybe less for a non-Korean, I concede.

25. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    My Sassy girl have got to be the scariest movie ever. I couldn't even look at a Korean girl for few days after watching that movie. That girl in that movie was scary (but good acting i guess). :mad:

Old Boy is really good movie. I forgot that old actor's name but man, he was really good. I like the beginning of the movie when he was in the police station, cursing out the police officers and going nuts. :D

I also forgot the title of this movie, but it's a movie about wrestling. This guy who works in a bank, gets fired. So he starts to take wrestling lessons, hoping he can become a wrestler. That fat popular comedian guy is also in that movie. Anyone know the title of the movie i'm talking about?

I have got to watch Taeguki, i still haven't watched it yet.