Synot Liga 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by ASU55RR, Jul 29, 2014.

1. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Barring a truly spectacular series of events, Plzen wrapped up the championship with the 3-0 victory at Sparta last weekend. They are 11 points clear with 4 matches to play. Sparta have a 5 point cushion between 2nd and 3rd, so while not nearly as certain it seems they will most likely take the other CL spot.

Slovan Liberec and Mlada Boleslav have more or less secured Europa League spots as well. The final European spot is supposed to go to the Cup Winner, although of teams still alive in that only Jablonec won't qualify from league standing. Not sure if they don't win if the final spot would still go to them for cup performance or go the 5th place team in league (currently a tight battle between Slavia and Brno).

Banik Ostrava is almost certain for relegation, they have been awful from start to finish this season. The 2nd Relegation spot is still in question, though Sigma Olomouc are currently in that spot 3 points back from safety.

2. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I like Plzen so I am happy to see them win it. I am going to be in Czech basically all of september so I am going to try to catch as many matches live as I can.

3. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Very happy to see Plzen win it as well. I've always found them much more enjoyable to watch than Sparta, who other than their great run in Europe, have been abysmal in league play for the last month or so. Plzen have now won fifteen straight games since their first win against Sparta, conceding only four goals in that span while seeing a number of players increase their stock. Would love for them to return to the Champions League this fall.

You might be in luck as Sparta and Slavia have usually played the derby around late September in recent years. Definitely one to go watch should that trend continue.

4. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I'm going to be in Prague for a decent while since my cousin lives there, so I wanna watch Sparta! The day I land is actually an international date and Czech is playing Northern Ireland in Plzen for world cup qualifiers! It's about an hour drive so hopefully I can convince my girlfriend to go!