Swp Has Asked For Permission To Talk To Russia!!

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by bigp, Jul 16, 2005.

1. bigp

bigp New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    TDOT
    They just broke the news on skysports apparently.

2. DougG_ATL

DougG_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2005
    metro Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is quite contrary to most other reports, which show City turning down interest from Chelski for SWP. Stuart Pearce has said on multiple occasions that SWP enjoys being at City and is planning on staying.

I'd much rather him show some loyalty to City than sign up with a bloated behemoth like Chelski.

3. leepyswetr

leepyswetr Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Chicago
    But Man City have already rejected an offer from Chelsea. :confused:

4. AFCfan4ever

AFCfan4ever New Member

May 8, 2005
    Collins, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The story on SSN' site claims that SWP has told City to make the transfer happen...I hope it's true so we can forget about this overpriced midget.

5. GoonerMan

GoonerMan New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Essex,England
    nonsense

6. bigp

bigp New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    TDOT
  7. AFCfan4ever

AFCfan4ever New Member

May 8, 2005
    Collins, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://skysports.planetfootball.com...WP+asks+for+Blues+talks&channel=football_home

Manchester City winger Shaun Wright-Phillips has asked for permission to speak to Chelsea.

The 23-year-old has made the request after skipping City's friendly with Macclesfield Town on Saturday afternoon.

Wright-Phillips was due to make his second pre-season appearance within 24 hours after featuring in Friday's friendly against Tranmere Rovers.

But despite taking to the pitch with his team-mates an hour before kick-off, Wright-Phillips was accompanied off by Stuart Pearce 10 minutes later.

City had initially claimed that Wright-Phillips was excused from the match due to illness but it now appears as though the wide man wants to discuss a move to Stamford Bridge.

Wright-Phillips spoke to City chairman John Wardle upon leaving Moss Rose and has requested the club reach a compromise with Chelsea regarding a fee.

"Our chairman has spoken to Shaun on the way from the ground and Shaun has asked the club for permission to talk to Chelsea," said a City spokesman.

"Shaun has expressed a desire for Manchester City to reach an agreement with Chelsea over his transfer."

The England international was the subject of a £20 million bid from the Premiership champions on Friday but it was swiftly rejected by City.

Speaking after the game against Tranmere, City boss Pearce revealed the pacey attacker had shrugged off the rumours and was happy to stay at the club.

However, the latest turn of events suggests that Wright-Phillips is seriously considering his future at The City of Manchester Stadium.

With City due to fly out to Thailand on Sunday, they will want the matter resolved quickly to determine whether Wright-Phillips will join the club on the trip.

---------------------------

:rolleyes: Sorry but not everyone rates him as 20m+ player, he's done nothing IMO to justify that price tag and to be perfectly honest I find him quite one dimensional and more flash than substance. I'm just glad we're not paying that, hope he enjoys fighting for his place at Chelsea.

8. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    ...and, as I said on our own board, it's only talks.

He very well may not like what he's going to hear, and it could all be over very quickly.

9. hiddi

hiddi Guest

guy just doesn't want to go to Thailand :rolleyes:

10. Its only Ray Parlour

Aug 3, 2003
    London
    Man City have declined. Should get interesting very soon.

11. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    I am so glad i do not support russia/chelsea.

*thank you god*

12. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not sure SWP is worth 20 mil, but it still would be nice to bring him here to be a Gunner.

13. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Let him rot on their bench or in the stand. Players like that are obviously not suited to the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd. They are only motivated by £££$$$€€€...

14. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    He's definately not worth 20m sterling, as said more hype than substance. With 20m sterling, Wenger can buy at least two better prospects.

15. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    have to spread some rep before i give it to the likes of you again :D it was gunna be the best green around though!
    i completely agree!!! his dad will be so disapointed with him

16. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Agree - I took care of Tres for you.

17. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Because players who go to Chelsea are motivated by money as opposed to ones who go to ManUtd or Arsenal? Yeah, that makes sense.
    Sol is laughing so hard right now he's having kittens.

18. Arsenal_pwns_all

Arsenal_pwns_all New Member

Aug 13, 2004
    I hate to say this, but while I rate SWP high I rate Duff even higher. It's going to be interesting to see how Mourinho plays both of them, cause from what I see it is really possible that he intents to play SWP over Duff. Which is a shame because Duff is really a class act.

The sad thing is, there is no way we could have afford to buy SWP. Oh well, as least we got Hleb...............

19. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as Duff and Robben seem to get injured.....I would imagine SWP will see a decent amount of playing time. I think the more realistic question becomes....with another true wing player now in the squad....does Joe Cole see as much time?

20. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    cant imagine he is happy playing the odd carling cup match.. or the late substitute..

i just hope CFC sign Essien now... will be fantastic.

21. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cole or SWP?

22. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    joe cole.
    since he plays lampards position, might be tough to break into that first team.
    SWP is a nice bench player who should get, ehh.. maybe 20 starts.. imo.

23. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. It will be interesting. Mourinho will have his work cut out for him this season balancing the playing time....especially if they grab Essien.

And before Nice or anyone jumps on me....it's certainly a better problem to have than lack of quality players....no doubt....I wish we had the same problem....still it will be interesting to see how it's balanced out.

24. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    Why don't guys talk about your squad? You have more players than Chelsea. Well, my bad. They can sit. Most of them have bench written all over their faces.
    We lost to Pool in the CL because, Robben was injured and Duff decided to get injured the same time. We will not have that again.