Sweden x Brazil, 15th August

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Denilson70, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
  2. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
  3. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    No response but no surprise. I think we are all still getting over Saturday!

4. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    OK, let us forget the heartbreak and look to the future.
    If we loose Wednesday, it has been confirmed that Mano's situation will be very complicated.
    The dirigentes of CBF have stated that they are lossing patience.

5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Heres what I want to see Maecelos suspended correct?
    --Renan Ribeiro ---
    Danilo--------------- Thiago Silva--------------- Dede----------- Alex Sandro
    -------------------------------------Sandro
    ---------------------Paulinho------------------------ Romulo or Ramires
    --------------------------------------Oscar
    ----------------------- Hulk - ------------------------------Neymar

6. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I read on another forum that Ganso was cut b/c the coaching staff was not happy with his effort.

7. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Yes x 2 - Marcelo suspended following the sending off x Argentina; Ganso and Bruno Uvini released to be fair to their clubs because Mano said they were not going to play.

8. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  9. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    As do I. Unusually Nike are not selling them to Joe Public.

10. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    On the one hand I'd kill for that shirt - a modern version of the 1958 blue? On the other hand... if Nike did sell it they'd probably make this one off expensive enough that I'd have to kill someone for it... or do worse.

11. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Sorry to go off topic here, but what are the size differences between nike jerseys here in the U.S. and brands sold in Brasil. Specifically, I'm about to buy a FLA jersey and dont know if I should go with the Medio or Grande. I'm a lil over 6'-0" and about 168, and a Nike U.S. Medium fits me perfectly.

12. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    Is Goal TV showing this match live in the US? I don't see the this game listed in the ESPN3 schedule.

13. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yes it will be

14. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Guys, we've all discussed Ganso (I know he won't face Sweden, bu bear with me). We all agree he's exceptionally talented and that when he plays at full capacity, as Santos fans have seen and celebrated, he's a fearsome midfielder.

However, I don't get it. What is it with him? How come he always looks so down and enjoado?

Santos fans and opposing teams' fans bash Neymar, but whatever his excesses, the man at least tries. He played his heart out for Santos in the 2012 Libertadores, and he showed in the Olympics that he's willing to take the role of passer/armador de jogadas for the team's sake. But Ganso? What's wrong with him?

Yes, he had surgery, and he was barely used in the Olympics. But what a waste of a great player! And don't get me wrong; I'm glad Oscar stepped up and did well (and boy if he had scored that header). Oscar is an option we must always have in mind. But why is Ganso so lifeless and apathetic?

I actually agree with Ganso not playing against Sweden. It would be strange for him to play in a senior-level NT friendly when he almost didn't play in the Olympics. For his sake, I hope he gets his act together, and soon. The World Cup is 2 years away and if he doesn't become match-fit (not just physically), I wouldn't be surprised if Mano (or his successor) keeps him out.

15. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    If Coutinho does very well with Inter in the coming season, he can keep Ganso out...He did well with Espanyol on loan last season.It seems that he had a good pre-season with Inter .His first year with Inter was a dissaster though!!
    I f he performs very well in the first six months in the Italian serie A , he might get a callup at the expense of Ganso.

Apart from Ganso another person who is underperforming is PATO. Any cryticism targeted at Ganso should apply to Pato as well.Will he ever return back to the form during his initial years with Milan remains to be seen.

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Century,

It beats me. I think it's just his personality/style. Keep in mind he has really only consistently proved himself at the Paulistao. And you are absolutely spot on about Neymar. Not only he tries and shows up offensively, he has also worked hard defensively even stealing balls as far back as our own field.

17. RichCreamy48

RichCreamy48 Member

Jan 9, 2012
    San Diego
    I suspect that Ganso has lost a lot of his confidence. When he was supposed to start against New Zealand, and then pulled out because of a supposed injury, I remember that Mano made a comment about how many players have trouble recovering mentally from their injuries, even if they have already recovered physically. This meant to me that Ganso simply did not believe that he was ready to take on a starting role, even for only one game. Maybe he was afraid of the criticism that he would have received if he didn't perform.

I love watching Ganso play. He's pretty much the reason I started following Brazilian soccer, so it really makes me sad to see how things have gone for him. I've always felt that one of the reasons he has often looked so special was his arrogance, which made him so calm and smooth on the ball. Without that, he doesn't have the athleticism to compensate, and he ends up just looking lost.

18. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Took a walk around the Rasunda stadium and it does need pulling down!

Re Ganso, I have not seen him enough but 'static' players like him are more vulnerable (in danger of being dropped) because people like to see effort a la Tevez and Bellamy. If I was a coach I would say "If you are playing crap, for Gods sake run" (thereby showing fans that you care will give blood)

celito repped this.
  19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    only reason why Ganso has been the subject of being dropped is cuz Oscar has emerged as the player Ganso isnt.. lol its crazy how it took only one match for Oscar to highlight Ganso's disabilities.

20. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Anybody know on DishNet, what time and channel the game being shown?

21. Danakil

Danakil Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Scandinavia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    This is the line-up:
    Gabriel,
    Daniel Alves,
    Thiago Silva,
    David Luiz,
    Alex Sandro,
    Rômulo,
    Paulinho,
    Ramires,
    Oscar,
    Neymar,
    Leandro Damião

PS: Juan, rafael and Sandro have been dropped.

Im not a brazilian. I am an african. Im Looking forward to this game. Im a huge brazil fan who also happen to be disapointed in the olympic final. Brazil is trying something new, i like that, they're playing tiki taka and using Romulo as their Busquet.

22. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    We think that Gabriel is the 2nd youngest goalkeeper to play got Brazil since Marcos in the 1910s or 1920s!

23. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I have no clue what up with Ganso. He could of been overrated from the start or he is scared to try too hard because of his injury. I don't know. The only thing I know is I agree with dropping him permanently.

24. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ganso still has many great years ahead of him. Ganso is a craque, a genius, and once a craque always a craque. Ganso needs to start fresh in a new team and see how that progresses. Ganso still has a future with the National Team. Let's wait and see. I do know that meu querido Mengao was interested in Ganso, and I would love to have him.