Supporters tickets for the Timbers game?

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by SoB Killadelphia, Feb 10, 2012.

1. SoB Killadelphia

Apr 11, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey you bunch of SoBs! Any word on when we'll have these tickets up for grabs? I'll be at the game with my daughter again. We live in Portland (been here 3 years and have another year to go before we try to move back to the northeast). We were also at the first ever Union game up in Seattle 2 years ago.

It will be good to be see you all again, and this time I probably won't be in my Air Force uniform. I didn't want any special treatment last time, although I truly appreciated it. I just wanted to sit with all of you, but instead you guys got us better seats, causing us to be separated from my fellow SoBs. Then I remember the stadium staff saying that we had to sit down and could not stand up for the game if we wanted those "special" seats, so they kicked us out of them when I refused to sit. Luckily, we were able to rejoin all of you to sing and cheer.

Kevin

2. TheBigShoe

TheBigShoe Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm currently waiting for the supporters' section tickets to go on sale for the Timbers game too. I went last year and had a blast. Apparently single game tickets go on sale on Feb. 28, so I'll be calling the ticket office that day. I'll report back to you when I get in contact with them.

3. unpossible

unpossible New Member

Feb 16, 2005
    The Land of Port
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't need to (and probably shouldn't) wait until February 28th to order tickets for the away section.

I've spoken to Pat Rice at the Timbers' ticket office a couple times now and he's a really helpful guy. I just called him again today and he said he recently talked to someone with the SoB, so they'll probably have an announcement about ordering tickets though them soon.

If you're not patient enough for that (or paranoid about missing out entirely, like me), if you call Pat, he'll e-mail you a link to order tickets yourself.

When I bought my ticket online, it said the deadline for the offer was 6:30 p.m. on 2/27, so it's very possible Timbers fans will buy any seats in that section that aren't already claimed by Union supporters. So, waiting might not be wise.

4. TheBigShoe

TheBigShoe Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, ok. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll be calling first thing tomorrow.

5. TheBigShoe

TheBigShoe Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I just talked to Pat Rice as well at the Timbers Box Office. Great guy and very helpful. He immediately sent me over a link to buy tickets and I'm good to go for March 12th.

Kevin, if you still haven't gotten tickets, feel free to PM me your e-mail address and I can send the link along to you, or call Pat at 503-553-5442.

I'm beyond excited for this season and I can't wait to DOOP it up in Portland. See y'all March 12th.

6. KnightofNi

KnightofNi Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    So is anyone else actually planning on travelling to PDX for this game or am i on my own?

7. unpossible

unpossible New Member

Feb 16, 2005
    The Land of Port
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I vote you take the train out and live tweet it à la Divot going to Florida. For the parts that you'll actually have cell reception. Which isn't going to be often.

Also, when you stop in Rugby, ND, see if any of the SoB magnets I stuck to the train station are still there. Since the Jolly Franklin looks semi-demon worship-ish, there's a chance the locals have been afraid to take them down.

8. SoB Killadelphia

Apr 11, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, please send the link my way! These are the supporters section tix? I know last year I bought a regular seat, but then found you guys and sat with you instead. I remember my ticket costing $50 whereas your supporters tix cost like $24 each. I'd rather save some money AND get to legally sit with my fellow SoBs! Let me know. Thanks.

9. ItsJR

ItsJR New Member

May 22, 2011
    Deptford, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. SoB Killadelphia

Apr 11, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, so I waited too long to come back on here and check the replies. I missed the deadline. Did Portland reserve a batch for the SoBs? If so, who has them and how do I purchase 2 tickets? Please help! Thanks, SoBs!

11. TheBigShoe

TheBigShoe Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You should call the Timbers Ticket Office immediately. Single game tickets go on sale today for Timbers fans, so the seats for the home opener are gonna sell out quickly.

Good Luck!

UPDATE: Tickets officially go on sale for Timbers fans at 5 pm this evening. They currently have a line of people camped out around the stadium, so I would assume the home opener will sell out quickly. Try to call the Box Office before 5 pm tonight.

12. KnightofNi

KnightofNi Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    do we have a driect number for pat rice?
    i only got a number off their website and was transferred to him a couple of times. I would prefer to bug him without the middleman.

13. ItsJR

ItsJR New Member

May 22, 2011
    Deptford, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    503.553.5442 Pat Rice Direct. This is the number he gave me to directly reach him.

14. ItsJR

ItsJR New Member

May 22, 2011
    Deptford, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My Mom lives out there (why I am going to the game) and its huge out there. Its next to impossible to get tickets for games out there. I was there about 6 months back and I could not get tickets to any of there games. Get them now!

15. KnightofNi

KnightofNi Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I got my ticket. $42. wowsers...

see you guys in less than 2 weeks!

16. larryeverett

larryeverett Member

Jul 1, 2010
    philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got two tickets through a friend. Not sure where we are sitting, but they were like $50 each. Can't wait!!!

17. KnightofNi

KnightofNi Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    come over to our obstructed view section!
    we'll slide you in somehow...I hope.

18. TheBigShoe

TheBigShoe Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I remember last year, we could have slid about ten people in, haha.

19. KnightofNi

KnightofNi Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    last year wasn't their home opener and first game of the season. tickets sold out pretty quickly from what i hear. we might not be able to be as flexible with our seating as we usually are

20. SoB Killadelphia

Apr 11, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been playing phone tag with Pat Rice for about a week. He finally got a hold of me this morning. We were able to purchase tickets for $25 in some "obstructed view" section separate from the Supporter's Section. Stinks! I'm hoping there is a way to squeeze in with my fellow Sons of Ben without creating problems. If not, we'll sit by ourselves somewhere and sing with you guys from afar! At least we were able to get in!

21. KnightofNi

KnightofNi Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    WTF! i need to find out what section my tickets are in. i paid $42 and thought i wasint he same section we werein last year (obstructed view because of a support beam)

22. ItsJR

ItsJR New Member

May 22, 2011
    Deptford, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your in the Away Supporter section. Your tickets are right. The 25$ ones are obstructed view seats released at the last minute.

23. KnightofNi

KnightofNi Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    last year i bought earlier and got the obstructed view seats.

24. ItsJR

ItsJR New Member

May 22, 2011
    Deptford, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://jeld-wenfield.io-media.com/ Check section 223 Thats the away supporters section and where the 42$ seats are. I am in row S.

25. TheBigShoe

TheBigShoe Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bought tickets early as well this year, and got row N, but I got an email two days ago that they had relocated me to Row U in order to create a buffer between us and other fans.