Supporters Synergy

Discussion in 'Salt Lake Supporters Clubs' started by REALover, Sep 10, 2010.

1. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whats up with the rumor that LBR isn't going to Colorado now because of the no drum rule? Is that true?

2. FCBeast

FCBeast Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Kearnshaw
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is true.

3. mr prolific

mr prolific Member

Jan 30, 2008
    SLC
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that is really cool of them to leave those that purchased rides on their bus stranded. I am sorry but what a bitch move.

4. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    +1
    who do you support? RSL, or LBR?

I heard "********" a whole lot more than usuall in that Cruz Azul game... along with other lovely spanish words/phrases.

The guy behind me was required to say "la ******** madre" every other sentince for some endorsment, I swear.

Woner what the FO thinks about LBR bitching out on the trip for such a stupid reason... didnt they/dont they sponsor LBR somewhat?

5. mr prolific

mr prolific Member

Jan 30, 2008
    SLC
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They sure do sponsor the sht out of them.

6. RSL Donk

RSL Donk BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 24, 2006
    Utah
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    For some reason, the FO/security doesn't seem to care if you say it in any language but English.

7. Snarf

Snarf Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Eagle Mountain, UT
    That's surprising. You mean those meathead security guards don't speak multiple languages?

8. RSL Donk

Aug 24, 2006
    Utah
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I don't expect them to be fluent in Spanish. I do expect them to know a few select Spanish words like ********.

9. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see an opportunity there if I am part of a group like the RCB... Just learn some chants in spanish (or german, or italian, or whatever). You can be as crude as you want, nobody will know the difference

10. RSL Donk

Aug 24, 2006
    Utah
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Already been done. Chingamos su abuela. Anyway, i regularly chant in Russian and Czech, and others join me. I just find it funny that certain other groups who pulled a runner this past weekend never seem to be criticized.

11. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    A friendly observation and question.

It appears that the Supporter Section has thinned this year and has lost some steam. Is that an accurate assessment?

Is this just a fluke or will we see some growth to be more like what the Supporter Section was looking like at the end of last year?

12. lurpythepirate

Sep 14, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The tailgates have seemed fairly consistent (at least as far as SCU and RCB goes) with a couple of flukes. It's possible that the evident overall drop in attendance this year (since CONCACAF anyway) has affected the people who normally sit in the supporter's section but aren't part of the supporters' groups. Haven't noticed anything particularly out of the ordinary in sections 9 or 10 though. I wish the section looked like it did during Monterrey every game, but that's probably unrealistic at the moment.

13. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was nice of LBR to show up on time last night and UR to show up at all...

14. dstorm

dstorm Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems to me like RCB has grown - I'm assuming the steep discounted pricing has helped gain more supporters.

I also noticed again last nice coordinated chanting between La Barra and RCB a couple times.

Very cool to see.

15. Krhoades

Krhoades Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    forgive me if this has been suggested multiple times before... But what about creating an umbrella-type group for all the supporter's groups? The way I picture it, is a Timber Army, made up of multiple smaller groups.
    Just something that can start to inspire some sense of unity between the SG's.

I'm just using this name as an example, and I've lost a lot of the creativity I used to have, but let's say it's The Pride.

RCB, part of The Pride.
    LBR, part of The Pride.
    Salt City United, part of The Pride.

and so on.

Everyone is still free to be a part of the SG that they feel like best fits them, but we're all part of The Pride.

It would be kind of like a United Nations type of group I guess, comprising of a few influential members of each SG.

If something like this was to happen, I think it would be cool to have a little bit of money pooled to maybe go towards incentives. Like the person who brings the most new people to a game gets free access to some sort of merch. I'm sure you guys could come up with some cool incentives/awards for people.

The way I see it, is it would be a great start to a united, and even stronger atmosphere.

I'm not affiliated with any SG, but I love what you guys do. When I can get to a game, I sit in the south end and join in on the chants, and along with everyone else, I would love to see a south end full of supporters.

Thoughts?

16. Kale801

Kale801 Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe thats almost or is, what the Royal Army is about. I am not a member of any supporters group, but I paid $15 as membership to the Royal Army, got a t-shirt and went to a chant practice.

I like it because anyone can participate - SG or Non SG. I havent heard too much since the chant practice, but I like that it is set up and exists.

On a side note - the last couple of games Ive been to, I have noticed that the drums of LBR have been in sync with some of the chants w/SCU and RCB. It worked pretty well, as we could hear it and joined in way over on the North Side. :)

17. Krhoades

Krhoades Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    oh welp, there I go, showin' my newbness again.

I just love the atmosphere in the south end, and would love to see the whole south end filled up, or even just that atmosphere seep into the rest of the stadium.

18. FCBeast

FCBeast Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Kearnshaw
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Krhoades

Krhoades Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Thanks FC. As soon as I get my first paycheck for my job (that I still have to find... but all in good time.) I'm in.

20. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I noticed against NY that the "synergy" between LBR and SCU/RCB was very good. I wanted to tip my hat to you guys. Keep up the good work.

Someone please tell UR to go away again

21. lurpythepirate

Sep 14, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure if Barra started drumming the chants we knew on their own, or if there was a meeting between them and someone from the SCU or RCB, but it's been cool to get that going a few times a game. We could use more cooperation as always, but last match I saw people in the sections north of the Colonel's Corner getting in on it so clearly it's working well.

And yeah, UR's random opposing drumbeat can die in a fire.

22. Snarf

Snarf Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Eagle Mountain, UT
    Has the SCU/RCB/Royal Pride/Royal Army section learned any of the Barra Real songs in return so that you guys can sometimes join in with them? Seems like that would be cool. Surely they have a song or two that could be phonetically spelled out and picked up by the non-spanish speakers.

23. lurpythepirate

Sep 14, 2009
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We occasionally jump in on the simpler ones if we don't already have a chant going when they start theirs. Basically anything that's just a word or two (e.g. "Dale dale dale etc") will get at least part of the English-speaking groups on board.

24. Krhoades

Krhoades Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    What I've been doing to help:

chanting (a' course) and bringing confetti to share with other fans.

Bring at least one new person to every game I attend. I've only gone to three this year, so I brought my little brother, step-sister, and girlfriend.

I can't decide yet if I should go to the game against SKC or Chicago... but either one, I've invited a shit-ton of people that seem to be excited about it. counting them out I'm at 7... not including the 4-6 people that have been to one or more before.

Any way, I really like the idea, so I'm passing it around, even though I'm sure it's not original. If you have any friends that you know have never been to a game, and might enjoy it... bring them along.

The only kind of negative experience for any of them was my girlfriend, but that's because it was against the Sounders, and it was cold and raining.

25. Snarf

Snarf Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Eagle Mountain, UT
    That's cool. I was really impressed when the two groups got together and did that Clap, Clap, Clap-Clap-Clap, Clap-Clap-Clap-Clap, REAL! chant. And you all were even doing it with the arm motions. I've tried to get people doing that since 2005 to no avail, so congrats on that achievement. Does that come from the chant practices?

What I think would be the ultimate in coolness would be if the two groups could manage to learn all of each others chants, so that they could work as one group, trading off English song to Spanish song and back through the whole game, but I suppose that's probably a bit of a pipe dream to ask for.